ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Debbie's lawyer looking for help from Dave's victims

Discussion in 'Debbie Cook' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jquepublic

Jquepublic Silver Meritorious Patron

Good ferreting, Terril! Did you notice the request to explain the relationship between the plaintiff and Elliot Abelson in the docs Tony O Posted today?! I think you sniffed out a good one! ;)

2. Jquepublic

Marty's gone on the record numerous times about his own hand in the abuse that was/is going on in the cult. As far as I know he's never had charges brought against him by anyone he himself hit or otherwise mistreated, so I don't get the nearly constant demand from exes and anons that he come clean about his own part in it...since he HAS done, over and over in various ways and to various media outlets.

I think Marty is calling for docs because he can. He's an OL in the Indie field and capable of getting through to the people who have the dirt and can actually use it to see Miscavige behind bars.

3. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

:omg:
    REALLY??

I guess I missed his going on the record detailing the cover-up of the Lisa McPherson murder and his part in it.

Also missed his full account of just how he and the Dwarfmeister REALLY got the IRS to grant the favorable tax status to the church - not the fantasy that was presented to the True Believers.

Oh - I forgot - it's in his book.

Remember, when you say 'clean', we're talking 'clean as a hounds' tooth', right?

Time, place, form and event, right?

Glib still don't fly...:biggrin:

And that Marty is an OL in the Indie field...well, that says a ton about Indies! :omg:

4. Jquepublic

Don't try to lump everything under one banner, it's psychotic in a case like this.

He's gone on the record over and over again about the physical abuses, detainment and torture tactics in active practice at Int base and trickling down the line, including his own part in it. THAT is relevant to this case, nothing else you mention is. Nobody has come forward to file charges against him. Why do you think that is?

He has said that he destroyed evidence in the LM case and has linked DM to that case. Again and again. What you should be ranting about is the lack of an official investigation by the proper authorities into the allegations he made.

As for the IRS, I honestly don't know much about that case nor do I particularly care, other than of course that I think it's a gross misassignment of tax exemption and I've spent many an hour composing letters detailing my opinions on the same.

Love or hate them, the Indies are a force in this scene and are actively working to take out the head of the church. I got nothing but love for them for that exact reason. Whether my love goes away after this case, I can't say. I'm a fickle chick. Hate 'em if you want, I don't really find myself needing to sell you on it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  5. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Was J Swift who sniffed it out. I read it about a week ago and it didn't occur to me then that it might be important for the various legal actiions. Took me hours to find it again as I couldn't recall where it was posted. Sent it to
    Debbie. I expect if its useful they'll need an affidavit from Mr Morton. Its
    possible DM's position can be proved by other means.

6. LA SCN

Good post from todays' Village Voice article:

This could blow up in our faces...sure hope it don't.

C of $ has been dodging legal bullets for decades and never really been held to account much less atone for its crimes.

7. Jquepublic

This :

"I am unfamiliar with Texas discovery rules, but if I were Cooks' attorney I would start digging for any applicable sworn statements of Rinder/Rathbun that will contradict their current sworn statements and/or illustrates a potential perjury cause of action."

is a valid point. Good thing Jeffrey is checking the comments section!

8. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

How'sa 'bout his admission of destruction of evidence in the McPherson case? Not perjury, but certainly impugns character.

More directly on point: anyone have a past legal issue with the church in which Rathbun was involved and committing perjury on behalf of his masters?

Mark A. Baker

9. Jquepublic

No idea, Mark, but it sounds like a good area to research - hopefully they've done their own homework on that so it doesn't cause this case to wipe out.

Maybe they can restrict their (R&R) testimony to only those things that pertain to Debbie's trial and the specifics of abuse by DM. Trouble there is that Rinder has been recorded saying he was never touched by DM, etc., so I think his testimony might be easy to discredit. I think they're awre of that, though, don't you? If they thought their testimony alone was enough they wouldn't be calling for affidavits, IMO.

10. Jquepublic

Apparently they're engaged not as witnesses but advisors and will be present at Monday's depositions in that capacity. That takes the fire out of the "reliable witness" thing we've been discussing.

Interesting comment from John P on Marty's blog re: this

11. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

That's hyperbole worthy of Hubbard. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

12. LA SCN

If so, send it directly to Jeffrey...:biggrin:

13. LA SCN

Good read - John P. makes good posts on this.

And boy would I love to see the scilon witness squirming with missed withhold phenomena. :biggrin:

"I’m thinking you guys can really mess with the witness by randomly whispering stuff in Mr. Jeffery’s ear even when the witness is telling the complete and accurate truth — he’ll be going crazy wondering what lie you have caught him at even when you’re just talking about who you think will win the World Series this year."

And keeping M & M far from being witnesses is the only pro-survival move.

14. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

I am sure that Rathbun and Rinder have told Jeffrey all the dirty "secrets". They worked in legal and know that lawyers don't like surprises.

How sure am I?

50.05%

Rd00

15. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Your point is a valid one but I doubt that MRs are telling all the dirty secrets. There is a lot they appear not to want revealed about the church. Part of that prior experience with legal has no doubt also trained them in exactly what not to tell the attorneys.

Mark A. Baker

16. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

Mark,

Are you saying that they would withhold something at the risk of losing the case for Debbie and the one chance, this brief moment in eternity, to take down the Pope on a Rope?

Rd00

17. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

I'm saying that any information they are likely to provide this attorney will relate to the specifics of this case. Debbie's case is targeted on fairly recent events and is apparently aimed at targeting Miscavige's responsibility for discredible and possibly criminal actions. It's not a 'core dump' of all things bad about the church.

The MRs know a great deal more about the dirty business of the church than is directly relevant to Debbie's action. I for one do not believe they are willing to reveal all of what they do know about the church, not even to this attorney.

Mark A. Baker

18. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Is it too much to expect that the M&M Show is providing its services pro bono?

19. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Earlier today, Tony Ortega posted his comms with Jeffrey. Jeffrey said some of his legal strategy is comming from VV commenters.

I am protective of my identity and I've never been to Flag so I dunno about Lisa. But if you do know about Debbie being there and want Jeffrey to see it, get on the VV and/or contact him directly. I would say contact him directly and keep contactinguntil you get acks.

20. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Anyone that in allergic to bullshit and need to avoid M & M, can send their affidavits directly to Debbie's attorney at rjeffrey@sjmlawyers.com or fax: (830) 438-4958.