ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Dec. 5 - Travolta & Olivia Newton-John's new music video released..

Discussion in 'John Travolta/Kelly Preston' started by Smurf, Dec 6, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

2. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I heard an interview about the new album with both of them on radio here yesterday. Apparently its a 40th anniversary of Grease thing. They were saying how they were happy to donate all the profits to charity. Olivia's half to some legit cancer foundation which will do a lot of good . . .

... Travolta's to the Jett Foundation - will that be funding some of the Scilon account refunds, legal costs, PIs and fair gaming??

3. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

There may be more to the story than all the PR & fluff that Travolta & ONJ is putting out. Newton-John sued Universal Music Group in 2006 for failing to pay her share of the profits from the 'Grease' album.

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2006/12/06/newton-john-sues-over-grease-soundtrack/

The case was settled this month. "According to documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, both the sides have brokered a deal contingent upon "the satisfactory completion of specified terms."

http://newsagency.thecheers.org/Movies/news_2356_Olivia-Newton-John-settles-Grease-lawsuit.html

Is this Christmas album & promotion of it a condition of the settlement? The album is "under exclusive license to Universal Music Enterprises, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc."

[video=youtube;pxiYR1YkFl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxiYR1YkFl8[/video]

4. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, way kewl. I especially like the car.

Pete

5. JustMe

JustMe Patron Meritorious

Awwww, I really liked that film:)

And I liked the interview as well.

I've always liked John even through I have only met him briefly twice. I believe he is a genuinely nice and kind guy who loves his children which is the biggest reason I like him.

I felt just terrible, terrible for John and the rest of his family when Jett died. Clearly John was devastated.

I'm sorry John still seems duped by scientology and especially if he still helps them.

He will have to face his demons for that some day.

As have we all :(.

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Produced by Cliff Richards?

So sanitizing; I feel fresh and wholesome again. :noevil:

7. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I think he's a nice guy too. He seems like a warm and kindly person.

8. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

http://www.laineygossip.com/John-Travolta-Christmas-duet-Olivia-Newton-John/25376

(excerpt)

Attention Kelly Preston: if this is coming up on your Google Alerts right now, shut down the computer and go have lunch with Rita Wilson. Trust me, girl, you’re not going to want to hear what the internet has to say today.

And why do I suspect Kelly Preston is scanning the blogs for her own name? Well, because after seeing her husband’s new music video I now realize the Travolta/Prestons are in need of a win and they need this one to work out real bad.
    The video I’m talking about is for the unfortunately named I think You Might Like It (you won’t). It’s a country Christmas duet that’s brought back together John Travolta and Olivia Newton John and it’s so bad it makes Rebecca Black’s Friday look like a masterpiece. The song is unimaginably trite, artistically reprehensible, and there’s just no accounting for it other than that in the wake of some seriously tragic sh-t, this family is desperately trying to distract themselves.

It’s unclear to me what the video is actually about. I think the plot is that Olivia has gone insane, so she steals a replica of the car from the final scene in Grease and convinces John to become Christmas’ answer to Bonnie and Clyde and then they just drive around Grinch-ing the gifts from under neighbourhood Christmas trees.

9. PTS

PTS Elliott

Hasn't he been raptured yet?

10. PTS

PTS Elliott

Why not make it easy for her then;
    Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston Kelly Preston
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Ruptured? Yes.