ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Desteni Productions ??? Cult ???

Discussion in 'Cults in General' started by NeverMe, Jul 30, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. NeverMe

NeverMe Patron

Hello, this is my first post here and have learned alot about the inner workings of Scientology here.

While browsing videos on YouTube, I came across a great many videos posted by a group calling themselves Desteni Productions.

After watching several of these videos I decided to visit their home page and forums to see if anyone was actually being taken in by these people and their claims. To my amazement, there were many people (mostly kids 18 thru 20somethings) on this forum and posting.

I was very curious and started to research it a little bit. In my opinion, it's a cult in the making based in South Africa. They ask for money and invite these kids or anyone interested to their "working" ranch to learn more, to join them there.

The person doing the videos claims to be channeling an interdemensional being or beings. She also claims to be able to channel dead celebrities.... yup, you heard right..... She also has a video up of her channeling L. Ron Hubbard.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Cult ??? I'm afraid so...

Thanks.......

2. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Hummmm....

Cult? Or wanna be.

Look into Opus Dei if you want to see a cult that bridges the mainstream and the far reaches of reality distortion.

Desteni Productions is a little too unsophisticated to be much threat.

alex (but amusing!)

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

That's 2 Opus Dei references in a day Alex

Are you jealous?

Zinj

4. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Flattered!

You are my #1 FANBOY, zingy!

alex :love15:

5. WrongPlaceRightTime

WrongPlaceRightTime Patron Meritorious

I know the site you are refering to. I don't know if it's a cult- I got the impression that the girl in the video is a horrible actress with a great imagination but yet she keeps repeating the same thing over and over so it is pretty obvious that she is not channeling anything but her own conciousness.

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

I don't know if they're a cult or not...but just wanted to pop in to :welcome: to you, NeverMe!

7. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Yes, welcome to the forum NeverMe!! :welcome2: Looking forward to reading more of your posts! :yes: I don't know about this other suspected cult you speak of, but nothing surprises me any more. At the moment, for me anyway it's more important to see scientology corrected for it's criminal and abusive activities than start worrying about another cult. There will always be cults unless people decide to wake up and realize who they 'really' are. :yes:

8. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Laziness will out!

NeverMe! You joined us! The nerve 'o you :D ! Welcome and come join the fun!:thumbsup:

9. NeverMe

NeverMe Patron

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to say that I admire all of you for breaking free from Scientology so completely. Fear and threats are great intimidators and it took alot of courage to leave, I'm sure. :clap:

As for Desteni Productions, I thought the videos on youtube were silly and fake but so many people seem to be taken in by them. How on earth could anyone believe such BS, I'll never know!

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Training :)

Ring bell; salivate

Zinj

11. Ann

Ann New Member

Bullshit. I am on open forum and on private forum. They provide all material for free, if you want you can pay but if you dont you dont, its about self honesty. i got it all for free.
    I visit them in a few days , dont have to pay a single buck. people visited before, also didnt have to pay.

I am almost 22, the majority of people is around 30-40, so not "kids" as you say.

Stop assuming things and rea dunconditionally. Dont lock yourself in pre-conceived ideas and see for yourself.
    Dont believe ANYTHING. Not desteni, no scientists, no believe. As soon as you believe, they are able to fuck with you. With "they" I mean those who do, who ever they might be.

And if you look at society, you see its just 1 big cult.

12. Ann

Ann New Member

Because you seek to believe . haha

You wont find any proof , because ou actually have to see it all for YOURSELF.
    So they will provide you no proof, all they say, can be right or wrong. But you know whats right when you see it for yourself. About the mind and stuff, pretty obvious and seeable for all who is willing. Self honesty.

Desteni sais: do not believe or trust us. The same as I always say: do not believe or trust anything.

I have been on desteni for months now, private and open forum, and it has been great assistance. Its the road less traveled because it isnt easy. And who likes taking the "hard" way right?
    I, there is no other way then self honesty.

13. NeverMe

NeverMe Patron

Gee, Ann, I never said you had to pay for anything ... I said they 'ask' for money.

Calm down.....

14. Swing on the Spiral

Swing on the Spiral New Member

You just directly quoted Desteni as saying Do not believe or trust us, yet you go along with their idea of self honesty. Of forgiving yourself of everything in your life. It's so pathetic. I've watched a close friend completely morph after joining that ridiculous website. He's lost everyone close to him because everyone but himself sees how crazy he has become. These people just go in circles in their forums. The 4 count breathing is ripped directly from meditation. You need to look deeper, and quit being blinded by that bullshit.

15. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

O.k........so, now I know the answer of what became of Charlie Manson's girls.

:lol:

16. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

:drool: what's that ringing sound I hear?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  17. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

Why, by Ann's syntax and grammar I thought she was a model young woman.:omg: :coolwink: :eyeroll:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. NeverMe

NeverMe Patron

Desteni draws the attention of Rick Ross Cult Ed forum.

Saw this thread on the Rick Ross Cult Education forum and realized that some of the folks that founded the "cult ?" came out to defend themselves. Thought it was pretty interesting that someone finally named THE MAN responsible for starting the group. His name is Bernard Poolman. Never heard of him until I read this thread.

I'd not heard much about the group lately but saw on Youtube how they're seriously working on trying to draw people to their farm in South Africa. Like I said before, it seems to appeal to young people mostly.

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,62042

19. Ann

Ann New Member

Lol guys....seriously

You keep calling it a cult but havent even considered reading unconditionally. Its been a while since I posted here and I have visited the farm. And look omg! I am back in Belgium in 1 piece, and have not had to spend a single euro. Yes they say people who are willing to donate may. Ive seen how much money they have to spend to maintain the farm and the visitors there, they all feed them, give water etc... it adds up. If I was doing the website I would put the same on there.

Anyway, I dont believe the things about self honesty and self forgiveness, it has nothing to do with believing. Self honestly is just seeing who you are, FULLY, no mascerade. So you can stop to live how you have always lived. How else do you think this world is so fucked up? We as "individuals" (yet very the same) fuck it up, and we've done this for very long. And thats why the world keeps on repeating the abuse, keeps manifesting it. With "the world" I mean we as beings in this world.

The friend you know who changed, probably changed because he started self reflection, not fearing to be "strange" or different. Yes people who may not like that will exclude you. But this just shows their true nature.
    If a friend of mine would start being self honest, doing self investigation and changing the abusive nature of themselves, why the hell would i want to turn my back to them? Because they dont do as society teaches us to do?
    Ive (and you all) have been raised up in this society, been taught alot of things, shaped. And often people feel threatened when they go into these things which are considered as "unusual", because they want to fit in , have fun, be happy and die...
    Just wait until your in the position of one of the being suffering in the world, things will be much more clear to you then.. unfortunatly.

And again, self honesty, writing etc... Ive tested these things for myself and they work. i dont just speak random things because I believe I must because of this or that reason. Find the way which works for you best, but at least, consider the things not so obvious and "normal".

20. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Have you looked into Scientology, it sounds like it could be for you.:duh:

It's organized groups that are cults not individuals. And you don't need to seek organized groups to help you with a life problem.