ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Did you receive auditing from Marty in Texas?

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by AryaZ, Aug 18, 2019.

1. AryaZ

AryaZ Seeking truth and retribution

Just after I left the church around 2012, one of my family members received auditing from Marty Rathbun to handle a concern they had on a previous incomplete auditing action that they had attention on. My family member visited Marty in Texas and spent the day with him to supposedly receive metered repair auditing to locate and handle any upsets.
    At the time, I didn't inquire as to what Marty did. I assumed it was the standard metered repair list action to assess and handle.
    Marty told us to pay whatever we wanted. Since it appeared that he spent around 8 hours auditing, we decided to pay him around $400.
    The family member seemed to be satisfied.

A few years later, I asked my family member what type auditing action he did. They told me that he just 2 way commed for about a 1/2 hour, and then stated the action in the church was never necessary in the first place. The remainder of the day they just hung out at Marty's place.

While it was likely true that "the auditing action was never necessary", I find it odd that Marty didn't do the standard type of metered repair list actions, yet, he accepted the $400.

Later it occurred to me, his handling was inconsistent with his professed insistence (on his blog at the time) on standard LRH tech. It also occurred to me that Marty was never a standardly trained auditor. In other words he was always a fraud. Never really a "Scientologist"

So, why would he have been allowed to audit Tom Cruise?

I also find it interesting that none of the upper level management including David Miscavige, ever annouced their case completions at any international events.
    Wouldn't announcing top level exec's moving up the bridge, be something inspirational and worthy of promoting?

Is it possible, that none of the former elite were the dedicated Scientologist they would have us believe?

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

How could Marty have audited Tom Cruise if he wasn't certed? I always assumed he was. Did anyone ever see the certs?

No one announced exec's moving up the Bridge because they didn't. Plus as a staff member it allowed me to believe these guys were all Class XIIs, OTVIIIs, OEC FEBCs.

LOL.

Jenyfurrr and AryaZ like this.
  3. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

He says he lost all his certs back in 96. No idea what certs he had.

Edit:
    https://squirrelrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/training-message/

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    AryaZ likes this.
  4. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Interesting. 1996 was the Golden Age of Tech (version 1) introduction. Everyone basically lost their certs. Marty was RTC. He was right behind Dave pushing all this expensive re-written garbage. I wonder if he felt like the GAOT was all BS? I'm sure he's said his opinion, but I got tired of reading Marty very early on.

AryaZ likes this.
  5. AryaZ

That's right, If he ever had certs.he would have lost them. I completely forgot about the Golden Age of Tech

6. He-man

Can't be bothered finding the post he made on his blog but I do think I remember him saying something in the likes of GAT one and two purely being money scams... Sigh, I wish I had perfect memory like them clears do have.

Also, Wans't he C/S Int for a spell? Thus a Class XII? Is this also my memory not working as it should?

7. He-man

I think that whether he had certs or not, he had no business auditing anyone. Ever, and if your family member feels the same way he or she oughta ask for the money back if ye feel it's worth the troubles. $400 Buys many beers over the counter! :cheers:

AryaZ likes this.
  8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I seem to recall him posting he was confined to the ship for 9 months or something, and devoted the time to studying all Hubbard lectures, HCOBs etc. He didn't do a regular SHSBC, VIII Course etc, nor the internships. I'm not commenting on the value of either avenue.

I don't think he was ever posted as Snr C/S Int. His lack of formal certs (and experience) would have precluded that. A Snr C/S has to put lots of tech stuff in writing, and highly-trained recipients of that would notice.

I think Mithoff has had the title (if not the functions) for nearly 40 years or something.

Paul

AryaZ likes this.
  9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I remember Marty talking about this on his blog. From how he described his training, it was clear that he had no certs.

It's this bizarre thing where Employees of the Corporation are not Scientologists. All the rules and procedures and '100% standard tech' are for Scientologists, but not for the Employees of the Corporation.

AryaZ likes this.
  10. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I can see how sincerely believing this would be a problem.

The COS probably prefers the euphemism "Religious Volunteers" because being an "Employee" implies some sort of legally definable relationship with mutual rights but having been one of these employees I can assure you that much of our training involved preventing the non-employees from knowing what really went on and that included letting them believe that the rules and procedures were applied with 100% standard tech when in fact everything was extremely arbitrary and expedient and the longer we were employees the more obvious this became - until we left because of it.

The contradiction in your statement is self-evident. How can 100% standard tech exist for non-employees when the people in charge of the tech operate in a non-standard environment. How does it magically become 100% somewhere between the non-standard people in control and the standard people on the receiving end?

The higher up the org board you go the more arbitrary things become so why would we expect Marty to be the exception to the rule? The only way this makes sense is if the non-employees have been so thoroughly indoctrinated and lied to that they actually still think this is possible.

It's kind of like we are complaining about a con being run on us without using 100% standard con rules and con tech and having current con certs.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    AryaZ and Bill like this.
  11. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Not at all
    Most of us now know the The real profit making Scientology entity was run by non scientologists appointed by LRH. ( thanks to the late Denise Brennan known as Larry Breenan)

They were called to turn a selling books and services profit making business into a religious organization to avoid tax paying for them and customers as it's been disguised as donations.

Allmost all LRH entourage knew they were running a, slave work, human trafficking, false emprisoning mafia collecting datas on people in order to black mail them (ESPECIALLY celebs, politicians, influencers...)
    Although, those top scientologists, in the circle just were stuck in cognitive dissonance)

What's the deal with Marty being an auditor ? Marty was pulling informations from celebs and whales , and for futur manipulation deeds.

That's the purpose of this cult and LRH knew Misc was his best man for that...

Why would they spend their life chasing entities and auditing the fabulations of a paranoid mentally ill cruel man they knew ( or heard about) ?

Contrary to us , they knew they were part of a mafia and were called on a mission.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Leland, AryaZ, Emma and 2 others like this.
  12. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Of ALL scientology auditing ever done by certified or uncertified auditors, what percentage would you guess was beneficial to the mental state of mind and what percentage would you guess was detrimental to the mental state of mind of the persons that received it?

13. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

This is why I say that those Sea Org members at Int Base were not "The Elite" among Scientologists.

They were the worst of the worse.

14. He-man

We were all part of the same mindfuck though.

15. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

But here we see, and as Lotus has pointed out, that Marty was not part of the mindfuck of "Scientology Training and 100% Standard tech."

He might have been part of another mindfuck, but not the one that Scientologists were subjected to.

16. He-man

Really? He wasn't talking like us? Trying to make things go right under the same conditions? As an exec for shure, but still in the same mindfuck. I'm of course referring to him before he blew. After that? Well he was an indie scientologist, decomposing I can assume, but not knowing, of course.

17. AryaZ

That's a tough one. I would have to guess that the percentage of it being beneficial is high for those who believe it's a workable technology--at least up to clear--and vice versa regarding its detriment.

I think the action of telling one's troubles to a good listener and being acknowledged without lots of judgment is therapeutical regardless of of who's doing the listening.

The purpose of my original question, was to determine if Marty was delivering "standard LRH auditing" as he professed at the time. Basically was he lying?

Did you or anyone you know ever receive auditing for Marty?

18. He-man

Good question, at the end of the day only he would know.

Did he promote it as such though? If he did and you have evidence of it, you'd have a case I suppose.

AryaZ likes this.
  19. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Do we get to include Sec-Checking, because technically it isn't auditing?

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Actually, at the end of the day, those who received auditing from Marty at Casablanca can report what happened during their sessions.

AryaZ is not the first person I've heard report a highly 'non-standard' session with Marty Rathbun.

Hopefully others can report what they experienced in a Marty Rathbun session, too. No one here cares if it wasn't 100% standard or "squirrel".

Just WHAT WAS THIS GUY DOING?

And yes, Marty positioned himself as 100% standard tech. He was in RTC, remember?

rathbun1024x768.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    AryaZ likes this.