ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Dox scanning

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Mest Lover, Jan 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

For a security guard, cuffs or baton should be used with extreme caution.
    If you witness a felony, you could subdue the offender for the police, using the minimum necessary amount of force. But it would have to be a crime the police would agree was a crime. Refusal to upgrade your IAS status would not count.

Use of a baton would only be OK if needed to defend yourself against violent attack.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV, so I do not guarantee that you would not still get into trouble.

The thing I really regard as crazy, is that use of force by a security guard would open up the church to lawsuit from the person assaulted/restrained by the guard.

2. ClearWater

ClearWater Patron

Great posts Mest Lover. Very interesting to see how communications were handled. That's a hell of a lot of acronyms.