ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Dublin Conference interviews/videos

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Sharone Stainforth, May 29, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

2. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Dublin 2012 Post-Game Report.

Phew, where do I start?

It’s four days after the conference and we are still getting contacted by media asking for stories. This event really had a massive impact.

I would really like to extend a HUGE thank you to all those unsung heroes who made this such a success – Pete, themadhair, John M., Sean, Booski, the French Anons, German Anons, American Anons and everyone else who turned up, many of whom travelled long distances because they wanted to make a difference.

We are expecting some extra high-quality videos of the conference (courtesy of the wonderful ‘Krautfags’) very soon and there will no doubt, be many vids of the protest as well.

It still really amazes me how many wonderful and caring people there are that are prepared to put their own time (and money!) into helping just because they can.

For me personally, this was a life-changing event. I got to meet some of the legends of the critic’s world – Tory Christman, Gerry Armstrong and David Love and others. The dedication they have shown in bringing the cult to justice is truly astounding.

I was chuffed to bits that Gerry knew who I was and that he liked what I had written!

The conference was given added gravitas by the presence of two noted academics – Dr Gabriella Coleman ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriella_Coleman ) and Dr Martin Poulter. I was lucky enough to speak to Dr Poulter, but unfortunately didn’t get time to speak to Dr Coleman.

To say that I was very nervous at the prospect of speaking about my experiences in front of everyone is a huge understatement. But, when I was finally called to stage, I somehow managed to bumble my way through without too much of an idiot of myself (I hope!).

In the hall, we had around 60 attending, of which about 10 were media and ‘others’ with the rest exes, critics and Anons.

A special mention to Sam Domingo who showed a lot of guts in getting up and declaring herself a Scientology in the face of some opposition and even a little hostility.

Jamie DeWolf gave a superb performance of his “Every Family Has Its Black Sheep”, which was completely awesome and got a huge round of applause! I got to spend a fair bit of time with Jamie and he is a really great guy and so impossibly cool.

We were expecting some trouble from the cult, and a counter-demonstration, but in the end all they could do was have a spook sit across the road in his car (reading a newspaper while wearing dark glasses – WTF!) and have a blacked-out Range Rover drive past several times. Useless tossers!

I thought that the protest on the Sunday would be rather dull as it was clear by this time that the cult were terrified and would run and hide. Which in fact they did, but we had an awesome time anyway. :party:

It might seem that it was coincidence that the TC / KH split would catapult Scientology onto the front pages, but maybe a higher power is at work here?

In any case, we were deluged with media requests. And it’s still going on!

I really hope that what was done here will be an inspiration. If you get a chance to go to anything similar – go for it! You won’t regret it.

Some photos of the events:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30250616@N08/sets/72157630409873542/

I also have some video which I’ll try and get up soon (one truly surreal moment).

Axiom142

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Dublin Conference interview with Sharone and Axiom142 :)

This deserves it's own thread as although it mentions the current Cruise divoce, it is also a terrific load of interviews with Sharone Stainforth, Stephen Jones and Pete Griffiths.

Great photos and interviews!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...of-Suri-being-raised-in-Scientology-cult.html

4. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Re: Dublin Conference interview with Sharone and Axiom142 :)

Love and Respect to Sharone, and all the other wonderful people involved in this.

5. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Axiom142 is soooooo sexy! :flirt:

Sharone you are lovely.

Pete you are gorgeous.

Thank you all.

6. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you Free to Shine, Smilla and Emma.

Axiom 142, Thank you for this wonderful post game report.

We all had a fabulous time, and there were many wonderful people there both speaking out and behind the scenes. The people behind the scenes deserve an incredible amount of respect and love for their devotion and time and cost at their own expense to help put on such a fantastic Conference, It could not be done without them and they were all a great bunch of people.

Axiom, though a little bashful, made a splendid speaker, he should do far more of it, and Peter was the perfect host. I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Thank you everyone!

7. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Sharone and Ax, your speaking out in Dublin and in the papers may have put you in uncomfortable places. But you went out onto the field of battle, shook your bad blue asses at the billion-dollar cult, and drew serious blood. You did yourselves proud!

Respect!

TG1

8. Axiom142

A stirring rendition of ‘We Stand Small’, er ‘Tall’.

With added dancing. And commentary.

http://youtu.be/5hEp3dECshg

Axiom142

9. Axiom142

Who moved this thread?

Doesn't it belong in 'Pickets and Protests'?

Axiom142

10. Axiom142

A rather surreal moment as Hare Krishnas join in…

http://youtu.be/pWEv-c1CLXA

More vids to follow…

Axiom142

11. Axiom142

12. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Ax, Anon's cover of "We Stand Tall" is freakin' fantastic!

Thank you for posting that. :)

TG1

13. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I am LOL watching hare krishna members (a bona fide cult if there ever was one) chanting / singing with Anons who are protesting the Cult of Scientology.

Absolutely bizarrely fantastic!

BTW, it has only just now occurred to me how obvious and great a cha-cha "Hare Krishna" is! Somebody ought to mix that one up!

TG1

14. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

OK, I know I'm spamming this thread. But I haven't seen these vids before. And Pete Griffiths is a born promoter! And sooo cute. And has a great wardrobe. And I have a big crush on him.

Where's that smiley ...

:biglove:

TG1

15. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Just compare and contrast this report of a conference and protest with the cult-generated 'official' nonsense, such as a Sydney Idle Org fundraiser report.

Here, the smiles are genuine. Also, it's not the same old faces at every event. Everybody who was there wanted to be there. Nobody got reged. Plus the media were interested in what was said.

This is real life. This is the world outside Scientology. This is what it's like when you're uptone. When you're winning.

Well done everyone! I'm starting to wonder if we'll still need to be protesting Scientology's abuses this time next year. The house of cards really is coming down now.

16. Axiom142

17. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Amazing work!

18. themadhair

themadhair Patron Meritorious

Well...there was one particular speaker....

19. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Bumping this thread. It's really great.

TG1

20. anon0004

anon0004 Patron