ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Elements of Wins

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Dulloldfart, Apr 7, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

Actually, @Gib, I have to put in a good word for Book and Bottle (aka Op Pro By Dup). It ran very light on me, but it caused major change in the guy who was my twin on the HQS course, a very introverted Japanese-American guy. It really seemed to bring him out of his shell, so to speak. He got angry, yelled, gave nonsensical answers, slammed the book and bottle down, etc. This was most unlike his usual very reserved behavior. I forget how it eventually EP'ed (he didn't go exterior), but he became much more outgoing and seemed much happier afterwards. The C/S wrote to me, "I think you've found your calling." This was my first big win as an auditor.

So it may have been a waste for you, and it didn't do much for me (although I did go exterior, or what we called "exterior" then), but it did a lot for this guy, and I would guess for some other people.

Does this qualify as a type of win? A win you had auditing someone else?

Dulloldfart likes this.
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Good point. I had just been looking exclusively at wins where one has received some sort of action. But there are other types, including non-auditing actions, that one has done, and I suppose ones which have only been observed in others too (note how carefully I'm avoiding using the Scn word "flow" :)). The action could be very short or last decades, like cooking a good meal or raising a family well.

How about:

7. Well-deserved feelings like fulfilment, satisfaction, pride in a job well done, self-esteem after some achievement, not at all like the shallow one of status alone. Such a win could be short-term or lifelong.

Paul

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    JustSheila likes this.
  3. Gib

Gib Crusader

so one win and it works? Sounds like hubbard who would put out a glowing PR rhetoric piece.

How many peeps you audit on B&B?

I wonder how many peeps have been run on B&B and are not around anymore?

Same question could be asked of any of Hubbard's process's and auditing etc.

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

Here's a perfect example of Hubbard's evangelism, Just substitute the words God with Hubbard, and studying the bible with scientology tech. Hubbard cleverly introduced science into the equation. LOL

5. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

Well, for that one guy it got a very visible good result. I'm not saying it's for everyone.

There's a tape where Hubbard says, "You have no business running CCH's on a pc who's up to talking to an auditor." This probably applies to objectives generally. On somebody who can communicate fairly well, maybe they aren't too effective. But the guy I'm talking about wasn't up to talking to an auditor, so for him it was a good thing.

Scn's "bridge" makes the assumption that the same processes benefit everyone, which is obviously not true.

I don't advocate scn and in fact highly recommend avoiding it entirely, but I can't deny that I occasionally saw good results from auditing.

JustSheila likes this.
  6. Gib

Gib Crusader

no doubt, I had some wins.

7. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE

Hence the fact that in spite of it's original fear-filled leader's death in 1986, it's still around confusing and fucking people over 30 years later.

Gib likes this.
  8. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, but actually, fear was written into dianetics & scientology, For if one read that book or anything about scientology tech, one can conclude that at any moment in time, why a engram could get stimulated, resulting in one playing out the engram from long ago, fear of that happening. And Ron had the answer, sounds logical.

The OT levels are about the mystery sandwich of OT3, fear of not making it, which Ron thru his words create fear thru his rhetoric talkings.

Ron as a writer and lecturer was pretty good at creating fear and then proposing a solution to the fear he created.

That's one way of looking at this whole mess.

Some books written by Hubbard:

https://www.biblio.com/book/fear-hu...MIp9ajwILH4QIVNx6tBh1ObQPXEAQYAiABEgJbCvD_BwE

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/fortu...AQYAyABEgKfw_D_BwE#isbn=0884042111&idiq=30635

9. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Wins? When I was a course sup one student told me "Scientologists never say they are sorry".
    That was his cognition on that day.

(Ha. Of course! "Propitiation" is regarded as being low on the Tone Scale... 0.8 )

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  10. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

:thankyou: