ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ernest and Gaye Corbett’s Story

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Axiom142, Nov 9, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

The news that 18 well-known Scns have been declared SP in SA was recently posted here. Here is two of those people’s story: http://backincomm.wordpress.com/201...nest-gaye-corbett/comment-page-1/#comment-443

Even by the insanity we have become all too used to, this makes pretty grim reading. The amounts of money quoted are dizzying, even considering that US $1 = 10.3 Rand. This couple have been extremely good friends to the CoS and have been treated like walking chequebooks and then like criminals. The more you give to the cult, the more they demand.

Even by the cult’s very own and special kind of insane behaviour this is utter madness.

The Corbetts are in a very good position to inflict severe financial damage on the cult, if only by calling in loans and evicting cult tenants, let alone suing for fraud. I certainly hope they do so.

Some selected quotes from their story:

• They are Silver Meritorious contributors to the IAS. That’s $500,000
    • They are Triple Cornerstone members of the super power building. That’s $100,000
    • They have paid in excess of R12,000,000 to Ideal Orgs
    • They have sponsored the training of African Scientologists to come to Joburg to train. They sponsored flights, accommodation, food and their training. R30,000 per month for 5 years, or R1,800,000.
    • Since 1987 they have trained 4000 teachers and 3000 students on study tech through Education Alive projects they have run in various rural areas.
    • Education Alive’s national offices have worked rent free in one of their centres for the last 10 years.
    • The executives and some staff of Joburg have lived rent free in houses they own.

After returning from Flag we joined staff. I became the ED and Ernest was the HES. In 1979 Jens Bogvat arrived on a mission and declared Ernest and removed me as the ED.

After stewing for a few weeks we got on a plane and went to Flag to see the IJC. We sat outside his office. After being ignored for 3 days he asked what we wanted. We asked if he had listened to the tapes of the Comm-Ev. He hadn’t. He took the afternoon to listen to these tapes after which he phoned Joburg and ordered a review comm-ev. Within 24 hours the review was held, the recommendations cancelled and Ernest’s declare was lifted.

By 2006 there was only one more building required, this one for Durban. The old Westville Hotel was on sale for R5 million. We felt it was a lovely building for an org and were excited to get it. However, Ken Krieger and probably others, disagreed and instead another building was found for R16 million. This building would later be torn down and it remains an empty lot.

What followed was a 4 hour gang reg interview with all 5 demanding in Nazi fashion that we pay this money. After hours we relented and agreed to pay R1 million. This went down in Ernest’s memory as the worst experience he had ever had in Scientology and perhaps even his life.

Alex was terrified that the church would lose the building and the parishioners their donations. Of course he was in terror that he would be RPF’d. He was in phone communication with COB every night. He had not been able to tell him that this disaster was looming. We agreed to put up security for the R5 million only after Alex had promised that Peter Cook would be rectifying this breach within two weeks and we only needed to put up a guarantee for those two weeks. Neither the Church nor Peter Cooke ever made good on the money and we were left to cover it.

If they treat their best customers like this, what hope does anyone in the cult have?

I am soooo glad I never got onto the OT levels.

Axiom142

2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

So in one fell swoop the church had made the execs homeless, and cut the finance line that was allowing SA staff to be able to deliver, as well as cutting the income to flag. They know how to damage themselves! But wait that's not the half of it. They have made enemies of very influential guys who can afford the best legal team.

Bye Bye cult.

3. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks for posting!

It's an amazing testimony to the power of mind control that anyone could tolerate that much financial coercion and thuggery yet still believe that Scientology works.

These two were wonderful allies of the COS.
    This is what happens when stupid takes over.
    This is what happens when one gives up their ability to decide what is good and right.
    This is what happens when one turns self-determinism over to someone else.
    This is what happens when COS leaders have tremendous pressure to get unrealistic results.
    These people were victims of extortion.
    I hope millions read their story.
    This is the way the COS raises money. How many Scienos would be surprised reading this story?
    I hope the Corbetts can read enough of the truth to regain full control of their finances and life.

4. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

That is an interesting point and thanks for making it. Declaring half of the SA whales has been a perplexing move by the CofS, but he fact that the CofS has put the sword of Damocles over their own head, is a very strange move.

I've been trying to make sense of the Anti-Slapp move in light of an overall strategy, but now I am starting to think that the CofS is not exerting control for a specific strategy but managing a major internal collapse very badly by doing the worst possible thing they can: applying the tech. Whatever is happening inside seems to be accelerating.
    I've just finished watching the first Godfather movie. The gang bang reg seems eerily faimliar.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

It sounds like that much-wanted pregnancy occurring during her auditing, the "handling" of the ruin, set the stage for decades of fraud, extortion and a parasitic feeding frenzy. As humans we love to look at a correlation - at some time coincident event - and attribute causation to that source. I still do it myself. Yet probably nothing in the world could convince them that auditing didn't cause that pregnancy, and that it could have been mere coincidence.

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I just finished reading their story and was thinking as I was reading parts of it that it truly sounded as though they were dealing with the Mafia.

I found this excerpt very interesting (below) from when they began doing their Doubt Formula back in 2011:

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

It is an excellent write-up, almost unbelievable for those with no experience in the Whacky World Of Scientology. I believe every word of it.

I'm betting that there's a whole lot more which could have been said and I think that they've shown remarkable restraint in an effort to minimise harm to certain misguided fools. :thumbsup:

8. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Standard Tehc strikes again:yes:

Drunken Maggot has long instilled a sense of superiority of staff over public as that's what Hubbard did, going on about how staff members are the elite and SO are the elite of the elite.:duh:

Just DM had taken it further to a distaste for the "dilletantes" who aren't doing the 90 hour week "clearing the Planet."

This drifts down the Command Channels to infect all staff/SO members and so public get treated like sheep to be slaughtered in most places.:omg:

It's just that, with the Net available, these atrocities get more of the attention that they truly deserve.:thumbsup:

Congrats to the Corbetts for getting out of the immediate trap. I look forward to their further decompression from the cult experience.:biggrin:

9. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I would really like to know what kept these people going forward with Scientology as long as they did.

I would really like to know their inner most motivation that they endured such lying and abuse.

I never did the OT levels but if I found out about Xenu and all that crap by actually going on to OT III, that would have been it for me as it was when I read it on the net. When I read OT III, I was completely done with Scientology But these people went all the way to OT VIII, did their L's three times, endured sec check after sec check and roll backs and the worst, being gang regged.

I really want to know what kept them going that was a greater drive than all the utter crap they endured. I have no words :no:

10. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

These people are sharp cookies.

So were we.

And we were all in a cult.

That fact continues to shock the shit out of me.

TG1

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Amount of money alone determines.................? I am too kind a soul to be able to cognificate the last word. And if I was loaded when I was in, the cult would have gotten most or all of it too. But would i have asked why I had to redo OT7, AND OT 8, AND Ls (3 of them) And all the other shit? I don't know. Little ol' me, on the ground floor of nowhere in scientology knew back in 82- 83 that something was rotten at the top.

12. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Ernest and Gaye Corbett did their research by actually inspecting numerous ideal orgs that were supposed to be booming and found they were not. Not one of the orgs they visited was in an ideal condition. They also spent 14 months on the internet reading all about what the church of Scientology was trying to prevent them from reading. Hell... they probably read a lot here on ESMB as guests or lurkers. They now know the truth.

I particularly liked the header at the top of their post: All men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others

Welcome to the real world Ernest and Gaye. May you never be the same.:clap:

13. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

14. I didn't need any convincing...but this story shows me that when it come to COS Cult management, the inmates ARE running the asylum! SHEESH!!! :duh: :no:

Anyway, to all those newly out in South Africa, and their families and friends, I wish you well. Glad that you're out. :happydance:

Come join us here for some conversation! :) You are all welcome here! :thumbsup:

15. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

International money laundering of fraudulently acquired 'CHARITABLE DONATIONS' ??

I just keep wondering how the RTC COB, who doesn't manage orgs, nor presumably having only to do with Keeping the TECH pure. Would have anything to do with the planning of the Ideal Org programs.

Not that I give a crap about ' purity of a fraud' but exactly where is the 'PURE' LRH reference on the fund raising placing IDEAL BUILDINGS ahead of IDEAL TEK. !!!
    Oh...now I am going to be completely puking out my guts after so many lies in the construction of the foregoing sentences..... F&^$ that is more dangerous touching all those heavy Elements stuff than pulling out, with my teeth, the spent rods from Fukishima.:omg:

Did COB spend time or faxes or phone calls with the Atlanta, US Enginering company in regards all of this? Or the SA firms as well?

Does the first underlined part below about , ALL THE MONEY RAISED, NO MATTER WHERE, mean that donations made up to that decision date ..were USED for other than what it was originally promoted for in other countries around the world? Is this a RICO concern? Is this an international bait and switch Fraud and thus international money laundering action? What is the exact processsing from institution to institution money passing of these funds?

I see enough data here to suspect fraudulent extortion and funnelling. And WHO had the 'in practise' final decisional power?

Maybe I should ask Davey boy if asking for a missed micro managing withold has been withheld is 'in tech' or criminal investigatory tech? Isn't he the one to answer that question? :timebomb::booze::sp::devil:

this is what I found when I went on a Mission Impossible adventure over at http://backincomm.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/here-is-their-story-ernest-gaye-corbett/comment-page-1/ (oh hi tom give DAvey boy a FREEDOM IN PRISON hug for me):

" .... Of course all the money was not in place and money was required urgently so around this time the decision was made that all money raised for ideal orgs, no matter where or for which org, would go into one pool of “ideal org money”. This made it possible to use money raised for Joburg to be used by Durban. That’s exactly what happened. In Joburg R3 million had been raised for a new Test Centre. Joburg had announced this as a “done!”. That money was appropriated to help buy the Durban building. Without missing a beat Joburg was soon having additional fundraisers for the Test Centre, never explaining how this “done” was now “undone” other than to say building costs had gone up and that new work was needed to make it “ideal”.

"..........The full R16 millon had now been raised to purchase the Durban org building. However one Tuesday afternoon We arrived at our office to find Alex Faust, the CO CMO in my office. He broke down in tears, quite literally weeping and explained that a cheque of R5 million from Peter Cooke had bounced. This put the church in breach of the sale agreement. See the full story on that here. Alex was terrified that the church would lose the building and the parishioners their donations. Of course he was in terror that he would be RPF’d. He was in phone communication with COB every night. He had not been able to tell him that this disaster was looming.

PS IANAL I just like to solve mysteries to which the answer is always a simple YES :biggrin:

16. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

I think you are touching on the reason why Scientology never gets investigated and actualy handled by the authorities - it all seems like some ridiculous fantasy - who would fall for something like that? how could a well educated, strong and successful businessman and woman fall for this - repeatedly?

How could we?

Jeezus I have asked that question so many times.