ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ex Scientologists

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dean Blair, Sep 9, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi,

My name is Dean Blair. I was a NOTs C/S and auditor from 1979-1991 at AOLA. I was in Scientology since 1969 when my mom got me interested. I was on staff in Detroit from 1969-1975. I was on staff in Cincinnati from 1975-1977. I joined the SO in 1979 and left in 1991. I would like to have communication with anyone who knew me. I live in Pasadena, CA with my wife and son. I no longer believe that Scientology works and have felt this way since November of 2009 after reading everything I have read and I have read a lot. I feel that most Scientologists are good and have a strong desire to help others. At first as I began reading I considered becoming an "independent" Scientologist as I know a lot of people out there who have done that. However, as I read more and more I found out too much to ever practice Scientology again and thus I am an ex scientologist. So....if you know me and are interested in communicating please drop me a line.

PS If you are working with OSA or are trying to recover me, Fuggedaboutit!

2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Hello!

I don't know you, and I hope you reconnect with those you knew. BRAVO on your departure from the bridge to nowhere!

:happydance:

3. SuperPowers

SuperPowers Patron with Honors

Greetings

I wish you welcome Dean!
    Hope you'll find what you're looking for!
    And if you eventually have stories to tell you'll be listened to, that's for sure.

4. Feral

Feral Rogue male

G'day Dean, I think we met on this thread already.

Glad to see you here, you know back at the CofS they'll be saying how it's all 'cos of your MUs.

Just Sayin'.

5. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Welcome Dean. I joined the cult in October 1975 in Ann Arbor and must have missed your presence before your leaving Detroit. Iwas also at ASHO and AOLA from March-August in 1980. I wonder if we know some of the same people associated iwth Detroit/Ann Arbor at the time?

Isn't it nice to be free of the trap set by lrh?

6. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Hi Dean, welcome to ESMB.

I first hit the cult in late 1956. Left CoS in the early 80s. Been out completely (all mental connection gone) since '91.

7. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

Welcome to the board Dean. :flowers: Those of us that like to talk out of our asses love real tech trained C/Ses. :happydance::wave:

8. Atalantan

Atalantan Patron with Honors

Hi Dean. Don't know if I ever met you. I did visit the Detroit org a few times in 1971/1972.

I never got much involved with "organized scientology", but I enjoy listening to Hubbard's lectures, got some benefit from some basic services I did, and met a lot of good people involved with scientology. Also met some I didn't really care for.

Whether or not you ever consider yourself any kind of scientologist again, I'm glad you got out of the so-called "Church" and I hope you will cull out and use whatever good skills you picked up there. You don't have to call it "scientology" but if you accept people, grant them beingness, and use good communication with them, you will be a valuable member of any community you are apart of, and I'm sure you will be.

Jefferson Hawkins blog "Leaving Scientology" is a good one for ex-scientologists. He also no longer considers himself a scientologist, but he is one hell of a human being!

Again, welcome and I'm glad you're out of that "cult".

9. FrankBooth

FrankBooth Patron with Honors

10. Good twin

Good twin Floater

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Hi. Welcome out.

12. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Hi Dean!!

Welcome to the message board. Good to hear from you. Never got to meet you when I visited AOLA but glad to read you are out.

13. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome to the board, Dean.

Please tell us some more of your story when you get the time.

14. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello

Hello and :welcome: Dean :wave: :thumbsup:

15. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Gidday Dean - welcome - don't know you but pleased to meet ya. I'm a never-was-in, sort-of Anon, relative newbie.

Would love to hear your stories, particularly concerning whatever it was that initially prompted you to start looking for answers outside Scientology in the first place. You certainly seem to have transitioned from cult - through the Independent trap - and into freedom in quick fashion. Well done.

16. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey there Dean! I don't think we know each other but I *was* at PAC in the early 90's at LAD. I am also an Ex scientologist.

Hello and welcome to the board!

17. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey

Welcome Dean. Best of wishes while peeling the onion layers. :yes: :thumbsup:

I pm'd you - you might have missed it. I visited the Detroit org regularly in the early or mid seventies. :confused2:

Two people that come to mind are Cindy Southwell (s.o.) and Greg Angus & the Angus family (not the beef people). :confused2:

18. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:welcome: to ESMB, Dean!

Look forward to hearing more of your stories! My husband and I are exes, too.

19. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome. You may be surprised to find out just how many people are now out altogether or just have left the "church".

20. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Dean!