ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

EXES WHO ARE BOOKWORTHY !!!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by mockingbird, Nov 8, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. mockingbird

mockingbird Silver Meritorious Patron

I was hearing about Jesse Prince's upcoming book and wanted to ask you guys something.

What exes do you think should have a book written about their lives and/or escape from Scientology ?

I know several I want , but want your opinions and please a brief answer why as well.

Pretend I know what I do - except anything about the specific ex you are describing please .

2. R2-45

R2-45 Silver Meritorious Patron

More info?

I didn't understand the OP.

Thank you.

3. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

Rinder, Rathbun and McLaughry. All of them could detail some very interesting tactics and situations that they were involved in.
    :furious:

4. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

Exes who should, or who have virtually written a book, just not on paper? :coolwink: Recently, I've found this fascinating thread started by "Cowboy":

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27909-trepidatious

It's a bit long, and I haven't yet read it all, so no, I don't know who that was. (If it's no longer a secret, please tip me off.) But the essential postings (minus the natter etc) have, thankfully, been compiled in this ebook (it's linked at the last site of the thread), by "TKN" (thanks!):

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5itq92e61lec8i3/cowboy_threads.pdf

Here is the ebook where Dart Smohen's postings are compiled (thanks, Paul):

http://paulsrabbit.com/

5. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

If you are thinking of writing one yourself perhaps you should consider that with so many books already written and so much culty info already in the public domain (via the media) your main public would probably be any interested ex scientologists ... I can't imagine that many "never ins" being very interested these days, though a few years ago they may have been.

Counterfeit Dreams (Jefferson Hawkins) is the best book I've read by an ex and it was written so that "never ins" could read it too.

6. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

I think it depends on what audience your story interests. I think a gut-wrenching "every-man" story of a common person could have a great impact on public opinion. Remember - Uncle Tom's Cabin moved 19th century Whites to see Negroes as HUMAN.

7. mockingbird

OK , thanks everyone :clap::clap::clap:

For R2-45 the question means I obviously was in for twenty five years and do not need what that is like explained but the details of the ex you would like to see a book about may not be known to me .

Now Wants2Talk brings up a good point .

The RIGHT book at the right time COULD persuade the public .

But to what end ?

And about which ex ?

8. Wants2Talk

To the end of making the president sign a RECONNECTION PROCLAMATION! And deporting the Sea Organization revoking citizenship of any 'merican ogres.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  9. mockingbird

Well , I do not want massive bombing and drone strikes on SO in LA and Flag authorized !

The US is NOT an enemy that unarmed people want blowing them up and mercilessly blowing them back to the stone age !:duh:

I want PEACEFUL means used to take down the main cult !

Please do NOT attack with cluster bombs and literally make the base a hole !:duh:

I do NOT want the ideal orgs to become ideal internment camps !

Please , please be peaceful !

10. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I would like Pat Broeker to write a book.

11. Edwardo

Edwardo Patron with Honors

I think a number of major media outlets would be interested in stories from new books that have evidence of abuse or with tales of wacky celebrities.

I think the media in Australia, Germany, France and Russia would take such stories. Also publications in the US and UK, like the National Enquirer and the Daily Mail.

For myself, as an ex-Scientologist, I really enjoy stories about the crazy goings on in the SO and tales of escape from the international base. There was a gripping tale on one of the recent "Surviving Scientology" podcasts in which Claire Headley recounted how she managed to get away.

12. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I think the below list of people are really 'bookworthy' to anyone interested in the history of Scientology, if any of them could or would talk. However it appears that most of them are, or probably are, under either a non-disclosure agreements aka 'gag orders or not willing to speak up further or at all.

1) Pat Broeker as mentioned earlier in the thread : Life with Hubbard from his perspective - as opposed to claims about him made by others in lieu of him being unable to speak for himself.

2) Alexis Connelly aka Alexis Valerie Hubbard Hollister , Hubbard's other daughter telling, of her knowledge and perspective on things ( including some revealing of the tell all tapes her mother Sara Northrup Hollister made before her death and provided in whole or part to Lawrence Wright, as mentioned and quoted in his book, 'Going Clear'

3) Terri Peter Gillham Jr. Gillham Gamboa, Janice Gillham Grady - children of Peter Gillham and Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch, and stepchildren of Heber Jentzsch: on all their life adventures and misadventures before and during their time in the Sea Org and working for Hubbard, life growing up in the Gillham household and of course, any info on Hubbard's dirty deeds yet to be revealed :)

4) Michael Meisner at one time of Guardian's Office, who is probably in the federal witness program to this day, if he's still alive. It would be nice to hear what he has to say about the Guardian's Office, the things he did for them, the consequences of going to the FBI and reporting the crimes (Operation Snow White, Operation Freakout and then and now.
    Other refs:
    http://lisatrust.freewinds.be/scientology/snow-white/index.html
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/bfm21.htm
    http://www.xenutv.com/blog/index.php?s=meisner

Oops, forgot to add for all the obvious reasons:
    5) David Mayo and Julie Mayo

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. Wants2Talk

#4 PLEASE!

14. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I edited my list to add David Mayo.

I would have loved to have read the late old timer Alan Walter on his history in the church. I remember asking him, back in 2008 or so, if he was planning to write a book about his times in scientology, He replied that at this point in time it was too big of task. That there was so much to cover. that in the past he'd thought about it but then got so busy in life and hadn't made the time for it.

The late Robert Vaughn Young is another one i would have loved to have read a book by.

It's unfortunate but at least they left some good written work behind.

15. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Two who lived it from the beginning and have very personal remembrances of the Hubbs and MS and things as they developed . . . and these two do have important info on key players that helped the progress of the parade from early days to the current catastrophe.

Gordon Bell
    Jana (Phenom)

16. AnonLover

AnonLover Patron Meritorious

What Mary and Roger said, with the addition of Lynn Feshbach who could speak to what it's like to be a Scientology whale plus how she managed to leave the fold and then eventually get her kids out when so many other parents could not.

Also, name unknown -- a third or fourth generation Ex, who can tell another tale of bad parenting, bad education and abandonment to the SO similar to what Jenna and Marc have done but from parents who were well off public members. Preferably, a kid who got sucked out of the big Delphi school in Oregon into the SO, and then had no one to turn to when they blew. Something that would make fence-sitting scilon parents think twice about allowing their kids to stay in the Delphi schools as the SO grows more desperate for slave labor.

Plus one of Hubbard's kids, or Diana's daughter. Ron Miscavige, Sr. as well. Even if wasn't entirely in the "Ex" perspective and leaned more towards the pro-scieno mindset. These people would be still be extremely valuable to have documented imo because there is plenty of "Ex" perspectives to counter anything they spin as positive.

Post mortem accounts on any of the above also works. Especially for those in the immediate Hubbard/Miscavige family or close friends circle. If you can't bring yourself to open up that can of worms after everything you have been through, write it for the masses to read after your gone and leave it with an attorney to get it out there. Some things need told and are well worth waiting for, the important thing is that it gets told eventually.

17. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Part of me cringes and wants to hide under the bed when the "crazy" stories come out because there are a few (very few) people that know I was once a part of the madness.

It's embarrassing (lol).

:whistling:

Having said that, there is one person that I would very much like to hear the truth with details from (whether in book form or blog) and that is ... Mike Rinder.

18. Gib

Gib Crusader

I have secretly always hoped, since my coming out in Jan 2012 deb cook email, and much research later,

that all the people involved with the status's of SO and Int Management, and earlier years, ( gag orders) would be writing diaries, which would be published upon death. And I reckon some have done that here. :yes:

19. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Oh, for sure: there's a posthumous time-bomb ticking within Scientology. For a time, the idea of getting your licks in after you died will have been unthinkable because of the whole "we come back" schtick... but this has been undone by the fact that nobody actually has come back in over sixty years... and the fact that life in Scientology has become so miserable that nobody would actually want to be a Scientology victim all over again. When the only thing that keeps you quiet is fear of disconnection, you have very little to fear, in the real world, when death draws near - and the demographic of Scientology victims is very much slewed towards the aged, now.

Popcorn.jpg ...

20. Wants2Talk

Mike and I were FCDC buds of coffee, food, and cigs.