ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

First impression of LRH?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by TomKat, Feb 13, 2019.

1. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Something I had already posted is that when there was a tour in the org with SO and one or 2 of them had knowned hubbard or worked for him..people were asking for stories...this was, each time a great deception... it was always about how he was ''huge'' his tone voice, his body, etc..but never any story of something remarkable he was doing.

Actually, when asked for stories, those guys were never excited..they only did it to drive people in their fund raising \recruiting missions.
    I never heard people who had been trained on Apollo, at that time, expressed a deep love and admiration for him!

Actually my own senior at flaghas been a messenger when he was about 5yo (second generation)...he never told me...and I read years later he was terrified by him for having been punished by Hubbard...I doubt any small kid had a good impression of him..I doubt they felt they were loved and safe in Hubtard environment...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    vumba likes this.
  2. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Oddly, I never judged him on his looks and voice as I was a naive 20 year old when I was sold the bill of "goods". I was already gung ho and ready to go and thought he was infallible. Imagine; I never had a negative thought about him for 9 years! *Cringe*. But my obnosis(lol) skills increased with time and once the veil of darkness was lifted after I escaped I quickly saw the light and learned what a vermin he was. Ol' liver lips indeed!

Free Will, vumba and DagwoodGum like this.
  3. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Cleared Tomato

Trust me, I too thought he was infallible for a lot more than nine years. I'd been liver-lipped beyond all lips 'ol livers.