ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Freewinds Asbestosboat's future victims?

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by AnonKat, Nov 24, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

:blush: I got "all hot and bothered" for a moment there! :blush:

Never mind, I'm sure I'll find something else to get "all hot and bothered" about very soon! :coolwink:

2. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh yes you will Panda...without a doubt:coolwink:

3. revicamc

revicamc Patron

Illinois Man Sentenced to 10 Years for Violations Involving Abestos

Illinois Man Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison for Clean Air Act Violations Involving Asbestos

Release Date: 07/26/2012
    Contact Information: Stacy Kika, kika.stacy@epa.gov, 202-564-0906, 202-564-4355

WASHINGTON – Duane “Butch” O’Malley, 59, of Bourbonnais, Ill., who was convicted by a federal jury on September 26, 2011, for the illegal removal, handling and disposal of asbestos from a Kankakee building in August 2009, was sentenced to 10 years in prison by Federal District Court Judge Michael McCuskey.

<snip>

Full Article:
    http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d0cf6618525a9efb85257359003fb69d/4773fdd46c8382ea85257a470058fde2!OpenDocument

I'd rather see DM get the ten years... :hmmph:

4. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

5. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

The plans for that ship show where the asbestos is to go.

The sea org workers saw, felt, touched the blue asbestos.

It was deemed OK as nowhere did LRH say anything about blue asbestos being harmful.

The facts are there for evidence. Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.

6. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

To summarise the asbestos story as far as I remember it, the volunteers in 2010 (on Page 1) were cult members from Eastern Europe, Romania or somewhere like that.

The big cleanup was 2008 and at first involved first a lot of Poles who were employed by a reputable engineering firm in Florida to do standard engineering-type repairs. Then they got into the hull and all hell broke loose. Ship put in quarantine, Poles flown home, threats of (justified) legal action.

Then obscurity for some months, then she turns up in Aruba and another Florida company, not certainly Sci but from somewhere near Clearwater, has a team on board which I believe but can't prove are half-training temps drafted in from the Sea Org. Or the RPF.

What they did no-one knows but the architect Laurence Woodcraft, who worked on the FW right at the start, didn't believe they could have dealt with the problem though they may have consolidated as much as they could reach. But there was just too much of the stuff and it was everywhere, in with all the wiring and ducts. I imagine it is still there.

No-one knows what they did with the asbestos they took out.

But this minor work on flooring in 2010 has nothing (IMO) to do with the big clean-up. To judge from the fact that they are taking ANY precautions, I imagine the tiles may be asbestos all right.

It's all on the Web several times over.
    eg
    http://freewindstimelineupdated.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/freewinds-summary-1998-2010/

This is one good reason she never goes near US waters.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012