What's new

Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mentioned.

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
Re: Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mention

I think that Leah is doing a great job as an investigative reporter, which is a new hat for her.

I was kind of surprised to learn that Yingling is a practicing Catholic, I thought that she is an atheist who doesn't care about the fact that Hubbard wrote that Jesus is an implant. But the only thing that the bitch cares about is the money that she is getting from the cult.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mention

[FONT=&amp]"In her [/FONT]20/20[FONT=&amp] interview, Ms. Remini revealed that her docu-series won’t end with next week’s season finale. The actress-turned-investigative reporter says she’s in talks to confirm a second season of [/FONT]Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath[FONT=&amp]."

http://www.inquisitr.com/3862093/church-of-scientology-finally-fires-back-at-leah-remini/[/FONT]

Yes!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

So Leah is explaining how the Church turns family against each other and then they show members of Serge's Scientology dedicated family doing carefully staged studio presentations to explain how Serge is a liar.

It's amazing how the Church has such a myopic problem with optics.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

It seems some other people also saw an interesting point about the editing. What appeared as a mish-mash to some could also be seen as an overall orchestrated "feel" thing, subtle yet effective. On ABC's 20/20 Facebook page there are well over a thousand comments, mostly about Yingling's dreadful segments with obvious lies and asking why she is representing scientology. This is good! I've seen comments complaining about so much air time for scientology promo, yet if you really watch it's more about showing the crazy. If for whatever reason the interviewer can't go for the throat, this is another way to get the message across.

This comment on Mike Rinder's blog describes it better than I can.

Eileen says

January 7, 2017 at 11:48 am

In my opinion 20/20 did a great job. There was a subtle “editorial” commentary throughout. For example, weird music played behind many segments when Scientology was portrayed.
The body shots of Yingling and Remini (the primary antagonists for the peice) show YL as frumpy, terribly dressed etc, eyes out of control; while Remini looks professional and authentic. The two were clearly counters to each other and Remini won.
The last shot where Yinglings eyes actually rolled up until only white showed was like something from the exorcist. That alone will creep out most viewers.
Many Interesting editorial choices were made in this regard.
Conversely, antiscientologists were shown respectfully.
The choice to keep Leah calling the interviewer “an asshole” was also interesting. It calls out everyone watching to take a stand.

I think 20/20 did a surprisingly interesting and artful editorial job. This will interest many mainstream audiences in learning more through Remini’s show.
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/abc-2020/

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just saw this extra that is about Indies. The GMA follow up to 20/20. Hmmm.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/scientology-members-share-stories-44618800

They say that LRH coined the term "Squirrel" because people who altered Scientology were nuts. I don't think that is accurate. To my recollection he coined the term because Scientology was the only workable technology providing a path to spiritual freedom and if you altered it then you would just go around and around getting nowhere like a squirrel in a squirrel cage. It's probably in the Tech or Admin Dictionaries but I'm feeling too lazy to dig them out right now.
:hamster: