What's new

Genisis of OTII

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
I was doing auditor training in 1978. I was primarily day org. I remember Kevin. Pretty sure he became ED. I was day staff 1979-82.

If your avatar is you I can't recall you.

:roflmao: Ahem! Sorry....no the avatar isn't me, it's the Irish author James Joyce. There's a significance attached to that that I won't bore you with.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Something I'd like to say here apropos the "aint no such thing as Clear...claptrap" sentiments that have been expressed on this thread.

To offer perspective, I mean to be no apologist for LRH or the Co$ however there is a point I'd like to offer...a truth to tell.

Part of the reason I got involved with Scientology in the first place way back in 1976 was that I had aspirations to being a professional musician; somewhat inconveniently I suffered from the phenomenon known as "stage-fright" to the extent that I'd tried to deal with it by means of dope, alcohol, speed in all sorts of interesting permutations none of which served any purpose really other than to make it even worse. I mean, this was serious, I'd be almost catatonic with nerves on-stage, chest-pains etc.

Long story short; my early times in Scn. were fucking miserable to say the least and I (retrospectively) consider that much of that was due to grossly-incompetent auditing and C/Sing but that's another story.

I drifted in and out; came closer to suicide than I've ever been in my life in 1979; in the summer of 1980 the Org. contacted me upon the release of the "Natural Clear" issue. "Dianetic clear" had read in my early auditing but I'd dismissed it out-of-hand as I couldn't believe a clear could feel like such a sack of shit.

So I went back in, had a DoP interview with a guy named Julian Bell and was persuaded to embark on the DCSI as it then was. There was a new "Flag-trained" C/S Tim Bell at that time. I had a further interview with Tim in which he disclosed that a certain auditor had "mishandled a number of cases", mine included.

Did the DCSI, my auditor was a guy named Kevin Reynolds if I recall correctly. If you happen to be reading this Kevin, God bless ya mate. At the end I was invited to attest; although academically speaking I felt I'd met the criteria for "Natural Clear" I didn't feel particularly confident...maybe my earlier audting experiences had left a mark? Dunno......

Anyway, (eventually) off to "exams", pick up the cans, the test-question is presented on a piece of paper: I was asked "Does this apply to you?" I replied "Yes". The examiner ( a gorgeous blonde lady named Kim Hutton) glanced at the meter, beamed at me, after I'd put the cans down she reached over and shook hands and congratulated me.

The important bit: at the point I attested Natural Clear, and I accept you may find this hard to swallow, I swear and declare that my "case" shattered into dust and blew away as if in the breeze. I experienced an up-surge of energy such as I've never known at any other time in my life.

The "stage-fright" evaporated and has remained evaporated for close on 30 years as a result of which I've enjoyed a career as a musician with its ups and downs yeah but that goes with the territory; fact is Scientology cost me about £10,000 overall (and a lot of stress in the early days) but I've made more than that from my career by orders of magnitude.

It's also true that other aspects of my "case" have leaked back in over the years, but overall I'm "bitter-sweet" about the whole thing...more "sweet" than "bitter" perhaps as much as I bitch about Ole Fatty.

The real purpose of this post: Just wanted to say this to those that make broad statements to the effect "it's all bullshit, it's all nonsense..."; sorry me dears but inasmuch as you're entitled to your POV my personal experience says you're dead wrong about that.

Terril: sorry to hijack your thread with my rant; thought my comments might seem appropriate?

Your overcoming of stage fright is a classic example of the placebo effect. The almighty mumbo jumbo of Scientology and its huge cost persuaded you that it must be hugely effective and so it worked. But this change of mind was your own doing. Scientology was just the smoke and mirrors that helped you yourself change your mind about the situation.

A custard pie in the face with prayers might have worked on you just as well.