ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Getting Clear conference films ready for purchase

Discussion in 'Conferences, Speeches, Radio Shows, and Live Publi' started by James Beverley, Sep 20, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Today, Sunday September 19th at 7 a.m. EST Tony Ortega announced the release of all the sessions for the Toronto Getting Clear conference that Jon Atack and I ran June 22-26, earlier this year.

Here is a slight edit of the announcement on the Underground Bunker:

IF YOU HAVE BEEN BURNED BY ANY CULT OR PSEUDO-RELIGION; IF YOU ARE MORE THAN CURIOUS ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HEALTHY THINKING AND PSEUDO RELIGIONS; AND ESPECIALLY IF YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN HARMED BY THE EXPLOITS OF SCIENTOLOGY, THEN….

THE LONG AWAITED DAY HAS COME.

As many of you know, we hosted the Getting Clear conference in Toronto, Canada June 22-26. The goal of this event was to present accurate information about Scientology, and to provide a forum for learning, listening and healing. Even in our wildest dreams, we did not foresee how successful the conference would be in terms of information and impact. Nora Crest, raised in Scientology and some years out, said that the five day conference was worth five years of therapy.

From the start, we determined to film the sessions for posterity, and now the videos of all 28 sessions are available in High Definition, providing the most thorough visual education and deconstruction of Scientology – or indeed any cult group - ever attempted.

Go to Vimeo Pro: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear

Other conference participants share our enthusiasm:

****Celebrated author and activist, Paulette Cooper, says that Getting Clear is “the most important record of scientology abuses and activities both past and present.”

****Ron Hubbard’s great-grandson, Jamie DeWolf seconds this: “The Getting Clear Toronto Conference will be looked back as the historical D-day in the fight against the criminal cult of Scientology.”

****Eastern Europe’s leading cult expert, Professor Alexander Dvorkin told us: “I can hardly remember anything so magnificent, so massive, and so loaded with information, meaning, and research.”

The conference sessions total almost 27 hours of filming—and the topics (taught by experts, academics and former Scientologists, including high-ranking Sea Org members and senior Hubbard aides) include:

· the true history of L. Ron Hubbard
    · the origin and development of Dianetics and Scientology
    · the Sea Org, with aides covering every year from its creation to Hubbard’s death,
    Scientology’s harassment agency and the infiltration of government agencies
    · the Paulette Cooper story and Tony Ortega’s remarkable new book, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
    · the role of celebrities in Scientology
    · Hubbard’s ‘religion angle.’
    · the Operating Thetan levels, where Jesse Prince – former Tech supremo – reveals the truth about OT VIII
    · deconstruction of auditing and training routines, revealing their true intent
    · problems faced by second generation Scientologists
    · Scientology and health issues – including the prohibition of vital medicines
    · the international Scientology scene: reports from France, Italy, Russia and Australia
    · Narconon and other front groups
    · violence at the top of Scientology
    · hard-sell in Scientology
    · recovery from Scientology

Christian Szurko, one of England’s leading cult watchers, with almost 40 years’ experience, said “Getting Clear was a milestone in the work to end Scientology's abusive activities. This video set will be a significant tool for educating people about the reality of Scientology for years to come.”

The sessions are available at Vimeo Pro for either individual or complete set rental for six months. Sessions range in price from $4 to $10 depending on length and topic. If bought separately the 28 episodes add up to over $150, but the regular price for the whole set is $120.

However, we want you to join us in celebrating the release of the Getting Clear films, so we are offering an initial sale price of $90 for the whole set. This discount price lasts for one week, until September 26.

The initial sale price is for the whole set only. We are working on the technical details for release of individual sessions.

As well, we hope to offer a Blu-ray video, in the not too distant future, with a discount for anyone who has rented the online videos.

To take advantage of this time-limited offer to rent the whole set, use the promotion code GC90 at the Vimeo Pro site. This code may apply only in U.S. If so, write Jim at jamesbeverley@sympatico.ca and I will work out discount for those in other countries.

Paul Standring, a former business executive, had this to say about the conference:

“The five days at Getting Clear provided the most enriching learning experience of my life. I paid $1200 to my university to take the conference as part of my graduate studies. It was worth every penny. Now I am delighted that people all over the world get to the watch the same amazing sessions I did, and for a whole lot less.”

Scientology has led to pain, confusion, guilt and fear for tens of thousands. It has ruined many people’s lives, destroying families and bankrupting adherents. Getting Clear exposes Ron Hubbard as a scheming fabulist, a multiple drug abuser who convinced his followers to worship him and believed himself to be Lucifer and the Antichrist. It clarifies the true, documented history of Scientology and deconstructs the manipulative techniques deliberately used by Hubbard to enthral and entrap believers.

These videos will help anyone who is involved in a totalist cult to reconsider their involvement. The sessions will also help anyone to understand the dynamics of the cultic world.

Head to Vimeo Pro to access clear, accurate and compassionate teaching that will relieve the suffering caused by cult membership and provide vital information on the world of Scientology.

Remember: the discount set price of $90 (28 sessions, almost 27 hours of video) only lasts until September 26.

For the whole set: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear

Over the summer we watched the entire conference on film and we are amazed and thrilled at the contents and presenters. We are so excited that the films are now released to the world. Enjoy!

Jon Atack
    Jim Beverley

2. I found out Vimeo only allows % discount codes for outside of USA. I fixed the site so that 25% off is given which equals a $30 discount from the regular $120 US price. If this works, it should apply outside of the U.S. If there is a problem, please write me at jamesbeverley@sympatico.ca

So, I am hoping you can now take advantage of 28 sessions, involving the 26+ hours of amazing material on Scientology from the Getting Clear conference.

Jim Beverley

3. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Just a note for the Aussies .. with the exchange rate having taken a nosedive, the discount US$90 price is a smidge under $130au. Still a bargain for so many hours of info-packed video.

4. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

I was a Scientologist for 20 years and I lurked on the internet for another 20 years.

I read just about every book I could lay my hands on.

Yet, after Toronto, I was astonished to realize how much I didn't know.

This is not a success story. I don't do those anymore.

The Toronto Getting Clear Conference was for ex-Scientologists, what Alex Gibney's film "Going Clear" was for the general public.

Stunning and jaw-dropping.

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Is it possible to post some short snippets from the conference so that I and maybe others can get a better idea of the types of things that were discussed?

6. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I am watching these as time allows and I am so impressed by the quality and the content of each. With so many wonderful speakers and combination of speakers on different subjects, it's hard for me to know which video to watch next!

Of course, I watched the Narconon segments first. To make sure I didn't make an ass out of myself and to get used to the fact of what I look and sound like on video. All things considering, I am satisfied that the information I provided will help others and I won't scare anyone away by my looks or my former NYer fast talking delivery :D

In truth, I must say that that, with the combined speakers with me on the stage, the first Narconon segment achieves what we wanted and does it well -- to educate the public and exes on the program, that Narconon is Scientology, the reasons for the many lawsuits, and the current state of affairs of the program and upper entities that are being sued along with local facilities.

The second one is a presentation by expert toxicologist Angela Harris, PhD, who first contributed to the segment with myself and the legal team members. In this presentation, she casually and effectively dissects and then decimates Hubbard's presumptions and claims about detoxification in the book 'Clear Body Clear Mind' She also talks about the dangers of Niacin. Really a must see for anyone wanting to add to the list more of Hubbard's baloney... as well anyone who ever did the Purification Rundown or Narconon.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  7. Just Sheila

You can see the trailer for the sessions at https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear
    The trailer is over two minutes long and shows clips from quite a few people. As well, if you look down the page below the trailer you will see the list of the 28 sessions. If you click on individual sessions there is a brief description.

As well, if you look at the basic Getting Clear conference website, there is a schedule page at http://gettingclear.co/schedule.html The film sessions now available are roughly equivalent to what is on the schedule, though some people could not make it and there are some things in the films that are not noted on the schedule.

I hope this helps.

Jim

8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Thanks, Jim. I hadn't even seen this thread before, and I was instantly curious about what you had to say at the conference. I didn't know you were there, and I'm pleased as punch that you went there to speak. Steve Hassan is an angel, and presents things from such a great perspective that he, too, will be a joy to watch. Jamie DeWolfe is so entertaining, he could sell vids on his own, lol! The others I know pretty well and warmly as mostly the former Flag or COS execs, but I'm especially pleased to see Spanky Taylor having such a great year after all she's been through, and Paulette Cooper has an extremely special place in my heart - it is pure gold seeing her out and about again, giving talks and promoting her book, after decades of quietude and fear. An award-winning journalist should not have been forced to give up her incredible career because of Scientology and I wish her every sort of success in her resurging career that was so long overdue and denied, and in every other aspect of her life! :biglove:

Chris Shelton and Jesse Prince are always talented, entertaining speakers, and together with our beloved Nancy Many, Tory Christman :biglove: and Hana Whitfield, it's quite a line-up. :yes:

It's nice to see Gerry Armstrong out and about again, too - he is one of the essential 'first' exes who helped set the wheels in motion.

Of course we already LOOOOVE Steve Cannene (hi Steve!) and Tony Ortega. Did I miss any names? We love you too!

There's a rumor that the next HBO Scn movie/sequel will be based on SO and other staff members' lives who weren't necessarily execs or celebrities. That would be pretty cool, too - something I've heard from never-ins that saw 'Going Clear' that they'd very much like to see next.

9. Just Sheila

Thanks for the kind words about the conference and the participants. Not only did I go and speak at the conference, but I arranged the whole conference, along with the one-and-only Jon Atack. It was hard work arranging the conference but it was a blast at the same time.

10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Terrific! I'll bet that was a lot of work! :omg: I missed mentioning Jon Atack! A talented writer, we all love him, too!

(If I missed mentioning anyone else, please forgive! All are appreciated! Some people I know personally and have chatted with before, that's all!)

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Hi Jim, I took you and Dave Barrett to an anon protest in London
    a few years ago.

I had no idea or indication you would organise such an event.

What were the thoughts to lead up to this?

And kudos :)

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

The price today is $125.51 AU. The exchange rate must be a wee bit better. :)
    Can't wait to watch them all!

13. I remember that day with joy. And we talked a long time in that pub after the protest.
    I have been friends with Jon Atack for five years and we started talking about the course/conference idea quite a while ago. The biggest thing leading to the conference was that I was ready to go public with my concerns about Scientology.

14. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

:wow:

I've been anxiously waiting for these Videos to be available.

Unfortunately, I've got an uncharacteristically full boat this week and it's gonna take a while before I'll be able to view and digest all of the 25+ hours of content--well over 10 hours of which is from "Old Timers" I knew and interacted with "Back in the Days" and personally hold to be knowledgeable, accurate and truthful. I'll Post my "Takes" re: the Videos on this Thread as I work my way through them.

As I've previously Posted on ESMB, I've had off and on personal correspondence Dialogue with Dr. Beverly for several years, trust and respect him implicitly (he's one of a handful of Folks here that know my IRL identity) and, from our correspondence, have learned from and am far better for it. I'm grateful and flattered that Jim has taken the time to read my Shooting Stars Thread and other stuff I've sent him that--in the interests of my anonymity--I have not Posted on ESMB.

This Conference took a whole lotta guts, guile and gumption to put together and make happen, and Professor Beverly really stuck his neck out to do it professionally correct, academically credible and with class. Wish I coulda been there.

Face:)

15. Free to shine

I just started watching Jon speak and there was a photo (or half of it) that I took way back in 1975 when we were all young 'uns. Now I feel like I contributed a teeny, teeny tiny something. :biggrin:

16. AnonyMary

Just to help ease the way for those wanting to purchase the rentals at the discounted price of $90( available until the 26th ) I am copy/pasting a response I replied to a commenter over on Jeffrey Augustine's The Scientology Money Project blog article mirroring Tony Ortega's article event video content release announcement discount.

It was not easy for me to figure out how to sign up and apparently I was not the only one. This fellow asked how to go about it, so I explained in sequence the steps to take to get the videos at the discounted rate. Here is the exchange, which I hope helps others catch the discount!

barefacedmessiah
    September 21, 2015

I would like to buy the set, but I do not understand the rental part. How often and until when can I watch the recordings?

Mary McConnell
    September 21, 2015

Hi barefacedmessiah! If you rent them now at the reduced $90 fee ( expires Sept 26th then cost is $120) you will have access to them in your Vimeo library for 12 months to the date of rental ( according to the button ) . To buy the set, I suggest you first register for Vimeo if you are not already registered. . You can do that here: https://vimeo.com/login You can choose how you want to login, by email address or social media link

Once registered, go to this link https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear . Click the blue Button that asks you to "RENT ALL FOR $120 . Of course you are not renting it for $120 but that gets settled once you click the button.

After clicking it, look at the pop up window. It will display places to put payment info and access code.

Add your credit card information in the spaces available or click the PayPay icon and it will change the screen to give you place to put PayPal info

Then look below the box to ' Save for your credit card or pay pal info for future purchases' ( unchecking the SAVE info box as desired). You will see a place to Apply promo code.

Click the Apply promo code and then enter the following code GC90 in the box provided there.

Then click the blue button at the bottom.

The next screen shows the credit of funds and code credit towards the full price with nothing owed showing. It will tell you that you have purchased the rental of the videos and for how long.

Then look in your library at this link https://vimeo.com/ondemand/library Here you can choose which video by looking over the list of names and clicking to see one..

You can also see them from the Watch Later link here, which posts each video, by title. There are 3 pages of videos. https://vimeo.com/watchlater I prefer this one for it's easy visual choices.

You can access the videos from your library through any of these devices
    https://vimeo.com/everywhere

If you have problems, email James Beverley whose email address is noted in the article.

Hope you enjoy them

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  17. Free to shine

I'm sure many people are watching this series now, as I am. I can't praise it highly enough and I urge everyone who can to find a way to afford to watch. So beautifully presented. I just watched Tony Ortega, Paulette Cooper and Jon Atack talking ... with the close-ups you feel you are sitting right there on the stage with them. You share the pain, the laughter and the fascinating stories in a way I could only have dreamed of as I wasn't there. You can see how tired Tony is yet his eyes hold such deep compassion combined with a relentless resilience in his search for truth, Paulette's beautiful dignity and humour in the face of what she has endured .... superb. I know I will be glued to my screen for days.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  18. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Has the rental period been increased? In the OP it said 6 months but now it seems to be 12 months.

19. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

There seems to be some resistance to the idea of having to pay-to-view the Toronto Conference videos..

I think a much smarter way to go would have been to post the video links on a page with a Donation link and an explanation about costs incurred etc. Exes and Critics can be quite generous when simply asked to donate (if they so choose) in support of a worthwhile cause rather than being charged a set tariff.

Just my opinion. :)

20. AnonyMary

Sorry for any confusion... I only know that the button to pay for it 12 months. I edited my post above to note that.