ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Golden Quotes from The Village Voice.

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Stat, May 12, 2012.

1. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

"...Hubbard wrote some elegant mind viruses.

For example, over years in Scn, the following circular syllogism builds up: If Tech won't go in, Admin must be out.
    If Admin won't go in, Ethics must be out. And if, after plenty of duress, Ethics just won't go in ... wait for it ... Tech must be out!

Half of Scientology already exists to explain why the other half doesn't work. By closing the loop, Ron manages to make all of Scientology explain why all of it doesn't work,
    and it becomes possible for a human being to believe, for decades, that scientology works 100% of the time, while simultaneously working 0% of the time!

This mind has crashed. Blue screen in only three commands! Hip, hip hooray!..."

Gary 13 hours ago in reply to Kate Bornstein
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...avolta_scientology_okie_okorocha_john_doe.php

I don't know who is this Gary person, but he defined it so well.
    VV, Tony's reporting and the comments there from a variety of people
    are often very educational.

Hence, Golden Quotes from The Village Voice thread.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. Stat, I oughta thump you for being a copycat! :grouch:

But then, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... :bow:

Still, ya coulda bought me flowers or sumthin...:touched:

But I do like Tony's work...:questions:

So... :goodluck:

But, for any Newbies or Lurkers...please check out THE ORIGINAL Golden Quotes thread, too!: :biggrin:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?12931-Golden-Quotes-from-ESMB

3. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes to everything you said ^^^ darling! :yes:
    And Happy Mothers Day to you if you are one! :flowers2: :)