What's new

GPM

Gib

Crusader
Clears and OTs give off a flower smell? :roflmao: That's a new one! :laugh: In nine years working with public at AOLA, nobody ever commented that any Clears or OTs smelled like flowers. I smelled BO, clammy sweat from fear, public farts, perfumes that made me sneeze (especially since we Sea Org didn't wear any scented anything), Cal-mag, B vitamins (nasty smell in sweat), but I'll be damned, now we have a new idea, that Clears or OTs "smelled good in the old days." You sure come up with some wild fantasies. :wtf:

I assure you, they did not. :no:

If you think those people who did the original Clearing Course and R6, etc. were so happy, then you didn't see them routing on reviews week after week, year after year, for nine years like I did, with gray, morose faces, looking like someone had sucked the life out of them (Scientology did exactly that). Who do you think bought the Dianetic Clear and Natural Clear and Sunshine Rundowns? All those who were unhappy with their previous bridge!

"You're just dramatizing your next level."
"The new DCSI (Dianetic Clear Special Intensive) will straighten all that out for you!"
"Ron has come out with a new tech to fix that!"

Geez. TomKat. Stop shilling for the cult already.
Tomkat is just parroting what Hubbard said in Dianetics, IIRC, that clears have a "sweet" smell to them, maybe it was in Science of Survival.

Anyways, ROFLMAO. As it is another one of Hubbard's rhetoric and sublime.

Example, you see a DB on the streets and meet one, they smell awful, of course, since the person hasn't taken a shower in who knows how long, thus low toned, or bad smell. Now the rhetoric part is that if you get to clear, way you smell good or sweet. Of course it's all BS by Hubbard as you have just commented and observed. And me too have observed.

Gib

Crusader
That was your sanity temporarily disappearing.
that is true, but what happened is his sublimity was heightened in that he think he could achieve the attributes of clear and the OT.

"When something is sublime, it transcends greatness or beauty for the observer — like a deeply moving film or a transcendent piece of music. So when something is truly wonderful, or someone acts in a truly noble way, it's an example of sublimity. The Latin root, sublimis, means "uplifted, high, or exalted.""

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sublimity

But there are no clears or OT's, so Hubbard's created sublimity is false, as a writer and researcher, Hubbard failed.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
that is true, but what happened is his sublimity was heightened in that he think he could achieve the attributes of clear and the OT.

"When something is sublime, it transcends greatness or beauty for the observer — like a deeply moving film or a transcendent piece of music. So when something is truly wonderful, or someone acts in a truly noble way, it's an example of sublimity. The Latin root, sublimis, means "uplifted, high, or exalted.""

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sublimity

But there are no clears or OT's, so Hubbard's created sublimity is false, as a writer and researcher, Hubbard failed.

I met someone the other day who had named his twins 'sublime and rhetoric' ... and for some reason I immediately thought of you.

:wink:

Two Jesus wept's in one week? Ah, what the hell.

Jesus wept!

By the way Mimsey, one takes things with a pinch of salt, not a grain of salt. Sand comes in grains, salt comes in crystals.

You were telling us quite categorically the other day that someone's name was Dart Samoen when in actual fact it was DartSmohen. You need to bear in mind that even though you are convinced that you are right about something, you can be horribly wrong.
Oh, fie. Just because I misspell your mate Dart's moniker because I saw it ages ago and don't remember it perfectly? Did you remind HH that he misspelled Kavanaugh in one of his posts? Nope. Did I? Nope. I cut him some slack. Moi. He who likens me as a useful idiot? Thanks HH, for appreciating me. May a bloated yak change the temperature of your jacuzzi...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What next?

Mimsey

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
it's not the word sublime HH, it's sublime writing. Hard concept to understand, best read on it is:

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/b/burke/edmund/sublime/contents.html
Ohhhhhhh!!

Wonderful stuff, thank you so much for that! I reviewed some of Burke's concepts just now and love it. I am looking forward to learning much more.

A lot of incredible advances in understanding happened in the 18th century that related to Burke's concept of the sublime. I immediately thought of Descartes writing on the "Six Primitive Passions" which was not only provocatively fascinating but I found it really useful in illuminating different things in life. Particularly what he called "the first of all the passions" which he identified as "WONDER". He goes on to describe why it is so extraordinarily important but I won't derail this thread and dive in.

Thanks again for the terrific reference to Burke's work, I have much to learn!!

HelluvaHoax!

Did you remind HH that he misspelled Kavanaugh in one of his posts? Nope. Did I? Nope. I cut him some slack. Moi. He who likens me as a useful idiot? Thanks HH, for appreciating me.
Hey, I only did that a few times when you promoted illogical, unsupported propaganda. And refused to correct your unreasoned assertions after you were informed of the facts. Otherwise, I have no problem with anything you post or with you personally.

But, I find it tediously annoying when someone wastes others' time with theoretical bullshit and keeps promoting it even AFTER it has been disgracefully debunked. That's why I left Scientology and Scientologists decades ago.

It's not that hard to admit you don't know WTF you are doing, I do that all the time, almost daily. That's probably the major factor that allowed me to attain a high level of success in different industries---because I admit to myself that I need to learn something. It energizes me to study and research and learn. Try it some time.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh, fie. Just because I misspell your mate Dart's moniker because I saw it ages ago and don't remember it perfectly? Did you remind HH that he misspelled Kavanaugh in one of his posts? Nope. Did I? Nope. I cut him some slack. Moi. He who likens me as a useful idiot? Thanks HH, for appreciating me. May a bloated yak change the temperature of your jacuzzi...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What next?

Mimsey
It's not about the spelling Mimsey, the point I was trying to make was that you really didn't know what his name was but that didn't bother you, you just put something down and hoped for the best. That's not a good policy IMO.

BTW, he's no mate of mine, what on earth prompted you to say that?

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
It's not about the spelling Mimsey, the point I was trying to make was that you really didn't know what his name was but that didn't bother you, you just put something down and hoped for the best. That's not a good policy IMO.

BTW, he's no mate of mine, what on earth prompted you to say that?

I'm just thankful that someone else (apart from me) spells things incorrectly!

Must dash I need to conjour conjer conjure up a dictionary.

:fromme:

HelluvaHoax!

I'm just thankful that someone else (apart from me) spells things incorrectly!

Must dash I need to conjour conjer conjure up a dictionary.

:fromme:
LOL

Oh, so that is how you get your definitions? By "conjouring" up a MEST dictionary?

I, myself, happen to use an alternative OT power.

When I need a dictionary, I just mach one up.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Clears and OTs give off a flower smell? :roflmao: That's a new one! :laugh: In nine years working with public at AOLA, nobody ever commented that any Clears or OTs smelled like flowers. I smelled BO, clammy sweat from fear, public farts, perfumes that made me sneeze (especially since we Sea Org didn't wear any scented anything), Cal-mag, B vitamins (nasty smell in sweat), but I'll be damned, now we have a new idea, that Clears or OTs "smelled good in the old days." You sure come up with some wild fantasies. :wtf:

I assure you, they did not. :no:

If you think those people who did the original Clearing Course and R6, etc. were so happy, then you didn't see them routing on reviews week after week, year after year, for nine years like I did, with gray, morose faces, looking like someone had sucked the life out of them (Scientology did exactly that). Who do you think bought the Dianetic Clear and Natural Clear and Sunshine Rundowns? All those who were unhappy with their previous bridge!

"You're just dramatizing your next level."
"The new DCSI (Dianetic Clear Special Intensive) will straighten all that out for you!"
"Ron has come out with a new tech to fix that!"

Geez. TomKat. Stop shilling for the cult already.

This is a waste of time because you see everything as black or white (don't ever study history; it is beyond your intellectual capacity). But I should point out for others that your testimony does not contradict mine at all. How does your "year after year" observation in any way pertain to my observation on "new Clears and OTs?" Maybe you should look up the word "new?"

The smell I refer to is probably not a physical smell, but it sure seemed that way. I was living in one of those scientology rooming houses where another tenant was on his clearing course. One day I came home and the smell was overpowering. Immediately a lady in the house from New York (who knew the group Left Banke who had the hit song "Walk Away Renee") said he had just finished the level. And the smell was strongest around his room.

But hey, I don't want to upset your preconceived notions...

Hey, I only did that a few times when you promoted illogical, unsupported propaganda. And refused to correct your unreasoned assertions after you were informed of the facts. Otherwise, I have no problem with anything you post or with you personally.

But, I find it tediously annoying when someone wastes others' time with theoretical bullshit and keeps promoting it even AFTER it has been disgracefully debunked. That's why I left Scientology and Scientologists decades ago.

It's not that hard to admit you don't know WTF you are doing, I do that all the time, almost daily. That's probably the major factor that allowed me to attain a high level of success in different industries---because I admit to myself that I need to learn something. It energizes me to study and research and learn. Try it some time.
Oh boy. Here you go again. Do you have a program called isoapbox? Because it sure seems it.

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

Oh boy. Here you go again. Do you have a program called isoapbox? Because it sure seems it.

Mimsey
Oh that's right. I forgot there is a Social Justice Warrior rule that states that I am not allowed to reply to your posts or comments about me. Thanks for the helpful reminder so that I can avoid future public shaming. LOL.

Hey Mimsey, you are slightly off script there. You were instructed to:

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet ESMB in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere." - Maxine Waters / SJW Leader​
PRO TIP: You're supposed to "create a crowd" and start pointing and repetitively screaming the word "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!". Follow the standard commands and you will shatter me and I will be unable to continue posting. In this way you shall create a world without disagreement & debunking.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
[bcolor=#ffff00]The smell I refer to is probably not a physical smell[/bcolor], but it sure seemed that way. I was living in one of those scientology rooming houses where another tenant was on his clearing course. One day I came home and the smell was overpowering. Immediately a lady in the house from New York (who knew the group Left Banke who had the hit song "Walk Away Renee") said he had just finished the level. And the smell was strongest around his room.

But hey, I don't want to upset your preconceived notions...
OK TomKat, if the smell isn't a physical smell (and you say it probably isn't one) then how is it created? Just answer that question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib
Oh that's right. I forgot there is a Social Justice Warrior rule that states that I am not allowed to reply to your posts or comments about me. Thanks for the helpful reminder so that I can avoid future public shaming. LOL.

Hey Mimsey, you are slightly off script there. You were instructed to:

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet ESMB in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere." - Maxine Waters / SJW Leader​
PRO TIP: You're supposed to "create a crowd" and start pointing and repetitively screaming the word "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!". Follow the standard commands and you will shatter me and I will be unable to continue posting. In this way you shall create a world without disagreement & debunking.
?

HH, you seem to respond to my posts by not answering my questions, but traipsing off all over the countryside, showering laurels upon yourself, slewing gibes knee deep in every conceivable direction. How on earth you claim to dismiss my posts as illogical when you refuse to read the attachments or watch the videos, is no longer a mystery to me.

The schtick is more important.

Well, fine. Enjoy your self.

Mimsey