ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Happy Days - Sad Days Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Happy Days, Jul 21, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

I just thought it was time to at least put part of my story in writing. It's not easy for me to write as I sit in a loss on it. However, I can look back down that very dark tunnel and know that I'm at the end of that journey and beginning a much more happier journey with family and friends that love me... and as I always say to know is to love me...:coolwink:

Where the journey began.... I and my then husband, Wayne Peachey, were introduced to Dianetics back in 1982, by Joan Wellsmore a lady I was working with, seems like an eternity ago. Wayne read the book overnight, freaky, but he did it. He announced that this is what he's been looking for and I didn't know he was looking for anything :confused2: ... so there ya go, learn something new every day.....

While Wayne took to Dianetics like duck to water, I was told by Joan that before I could do anything I would need to learn how to communicate. I didn't think I had any problems with communicating and now I've introverted on this statement and this would haunt right throughout my Scientology journey.

I was very happy with my lot in life, my conditions were improving we had our whole life to look forward to, we were young, all of 20. I married my school sweetheart :love15: and knew that I had found my soul mate.

But alas it did not turn out the way I had envisaged... this Church called Scientology got involved and this is where things get a bit sticky... he bought all the Basic Books and read these daily when in the Sinai Peace Keeping force.

On his return he was sent on a training trip to Melbourne for the airforce in 1985. Wayne made his way into the Melbourne org and I'm not too sure how it all rolled out but Wayne must have told the tours reg, JD Grant, that we had money in the bank from the sale of our house, something like $75,000.

Although I wasn't there the dollar signs must have rolled around in JD's head:yes: I can only imagine... :winner: so now you probably don't know what happened next ... or do you??

Well, Wayne meets me in Albury for my birthday and while shopping for my birthday present he drops it on me that he has just spent $30,000 in the Church:omg: WTF ... this causes a huge argument and we at his parent's place and we try to resolve this major upset in his folks driveway. Of course his folks have no idea at all that he was involved in the Church.

I did say to him to go and get the money back from the Church and he said he could not or he would be stopped from doing any Scientology... well that sounded like a good idea to me..

I was not very forgiving ... I was very :angry: that he would spend this money without consulting with me first, this was a lot of money back in 1985.

Then Wayne told me that the Church said to him, probably someone in HCO, (because Wayne would know by doing what he has done would cause one hell of a situation) that if I did not agree with his involvement in the Church then he would have to divorce me. :ohmy: Wow, I didn't see that coming... we had a little baby girl ... and I'm now given the option to join the Church or divorce my husband, shit what to do where to go.

It should be noted, that at this part of my Scientology journey I had not read a book or had any kind of enlightenment. I didn't know what was going ... I know ignorance is not an excuse but the expectation was that I should just put up and shut up.... bit hard to swallow....

The divorce option still did not calm the waters. Wayne was now obviously getting really desperate... so then.... and you may not believe this.... but it is true and we are talking a grown man who has read the Scientology books...
    He starts to hunch over and says that I'm killing him and if I don't stop he will drop into a foetal position on the ground.. and by God he does .... I went into shock... and thought OMG I'm killing him and so then I had no alternative, I gave up my fight for what was right and came into line, like a good soldier, I felt trapped, I was powerless to this Church, it won. Scary stuff .... still sit in disbelief... WOW an Academy Award performance...

Effectively, the Church became and unwanted 3rd party in our marriage, our love and respect for each had been damaged. The trust I had for Wayne had waned... I did not see a future ... but I stuck by him and his desire to be in the Church.

The tears, stress and duress this Church has placed on me was more than I could bear and this very operating basis has impacted on me spiritual, physically and mentally right up to present time. There was no duty of care by the Church for me or my family and this is true even today.

We both and our daughter returned to Newcastle and Wayne spends his weekends at the Church in Sydney. This causes more problems as we do not see each and the Church is consuming Wayne's spare time and I'm protesting.

One Saturday he comes home and said that the Church would like me to come in and see what they do. I'm not interested however he said it would help him and so being a supportive wife in we go ... with our daughter and the first thing someone said to me is that 'we don't burn babies in the basement'. I was surprised that that would be said, then our daughter is taken by this person to be looked after while I go into this room.

I'm given my first Dianetics session, there was no hatting or enlightenment just straight in and wham bam thank you mam... I hit a Secondary and run the loss of my favourite Uncle. I can remember just crying my eyes out and still upset and the session is ended. Then a person comes to me and says you just had a win... I thought what's a win... I've been crying and I'm a bit embarrass that I would be crying to someone I don't know.

Wayne comes to me and says don't worry Lizzie I just paid $20,000 for your Bridge, again without consultation or any enlightenment not even an OCA to find maybe just maybe a ruin... f**k ... I was internally hopping mad... apart from being totally bypassed and not having any say in what I might like to do... you know maybe buy another house or whatever.

I'm a very private person (still am) and certainly did not want people to know that I'm very unhappy, I just wanted to get out of there... and kill my husband in private... :angry:

Well this is all I'm going to write for now... and if you wondering how long did the marriage last ..... not much longer after being involved with the Church.. but that's a story for another time.

Thank you for your time in reading my post, I think I need a glass of red...:cheers2:

Love
    Happy Days
    :dance3:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Well done Happy Days for satrting to tell your story.

There's nothing I can say. I remember when I was in the CofS in the 70's one of the most common criticisms was that Scn splits up fanilies - I laughed it off as being ridiculous.

I'm sorry you had to discover this for yourself. :bigcry:

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Wow, Lizzie.
    Brave start, write on.
    Love, Panda (and Mrs Panda)

4. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Well, that's some decisive dissemination they did there!!! - WTF!!??

He really did that stunt with curling up and pretend to die? - Amazing!! - Hmm.. There's some 'tech' about handling dramatizing kids.. I forget where it is.. Maybe that book about childcare.. You should've thrown yourself down beside him and done as he did.. Mimicking him... Until you both cracked up laughing.

<edit> Was it his own idea to do all that? - Hardly.. Staff at the 'org' set him to study some selected policies and drilled him on how to handle his wife.. They're the authorities on the human mind! </edit>

:melodramatic:

5. ... And can you believe the cult has the balls to pimp it's marriage counseling

http://www.marriagesolutions.org/

Scientology Marriage Solutions should consist of this simple phase "Stay as far away from the cult as humanly possible"

6. Miss Withhold

Miss Withhold Patron

Well GF what can I say??:bigcry:

I am so sad this happened to you and wish that 'take backs' were possible. If only at the beginning we had been offered a crystal ball to see what was lying ahead for us if we chose to stand by our man. Don't know about you but I am a thinking I would have run a mile in the other direction, mended my broken heart over several shots of Wild Turkey and then moved on.
    Not to say that life now aint grand as I know it is but God Damn was it really necessary to go though so much for so many years?

What really gets me going is that when you are 20 you are sooo very naive and before you know it you are so trapped and believing there is no way out.

All I can say is that despite all the gross cult treatment you have endured over many years, you have managed to remain one of the coolest, most beautiful and inspiring women I know.
    Go enjoy that red Miss Lizzie, I am having one with you:cheers2:

7. Sir Facer

Sir Facer Patron with Honors

GREAT POSTING

Hey Liz,

Great Posting and I am so glad you have found your way to a new fresh start! Wow what a journey & thats just the start hey:omg: Its just un believable how the Church just condones a partner to "spend all the money, Now! Now! Now!", with out even letting a couple decide together & then to brainwash the person into divorcing his partner if they are upset!!

That is just so Scientology isnt it:angry: .

Well done on getting the truth out there:clap:

8. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Oh crikey Liz, talk about being railroaded! :grouch:

Great start to your story :thumbsup: - Looking forward to your next installments. :)

9. Happy Days

Cheers Sir Facer and thanks for reading my post.... it's been quite a journey and I have a way to go... still some hurdles to leap over if ya know what I mean...
    Catch up soon aye....

10. Happy Days

Thanks Miss Withhold... I still shake my head and think where was I... such a coward not to stand up and take control...

In my life now I'm strong and certain of who I am .... I know what I want and what I don't want...

I definately want my dear friends and all of my family and I will do anything to achieve this.

Love ya GF - Babs the Diva...:happydance:
    Happy Days

11. Happy Days

Well SchwimmelPuckel ... Now I would just lay the boot in and be slight gentle cause over the situation... certainly it would be a physical universe handling :coolwink: A missed opportunity..:bigcry:

12. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Holy shite! It's scary how easy it is to take money off people. Amazing by-pass of you too.
    Thank god you're out. And I don't even believe in god.

13. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi my girl

Well although I know the story and more, reading it now from an objective view point, like anyone else would coming to the board, your intro to Scn was really quite wacky:screwy: How ones thinking gets turned upside down when one gets touched by the church continues to surprise me still.

I know you and Wayne would still be married but for the intervention of the church, I was late on the chain.

Inspite of all the things you have been through, you keep fighting back, lots of admiration from me to you for that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I look forward to the rest.:coolwink:

Your little kiwi

14. dontscamme

dontscamme Patron Meritorious

Happy Days, thank you for a very fascinating opening chapter of your story. It is quite easy to see how you felt trappped. Enjoy every day of freedom now to the fullest.

15. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Good job for starting your story. It can be difficult (I've written mine). But in the end it is very cathartic and very freeing.

Keep it coming as you can. No pressure.

But know, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

16. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for writing up the start, Happy days.:thumbsup:

It gets better and better as you keep writing, trust me.:yes:

Plus the rest of us SPs here love stories. :drama:

17. Shredder

Shredder Patron with Honors

Thank you so much for starting your story...it sounds a bit like your intro to Scn was more like you were steam rolled!
    It's great that you are writing it here on this board.

18. Happy Days

LRH Departure for Target 2

Just as a side note and something I find a bit a funny... :yes:

I remember back in 1986 I asked Wayne so where is this Hubbard fellow then... Wayne said 'well he's dead' and I said in reply 'well if he's so f**ken good then why is he dead?' :ohmy:

Wayne said 'because he's gone to target 2' ... :confused2:

Like this is suppose to mean something to me.

He just spent a shit load of money on a dead guy:dieslaughing:

I just didn't get it ...

Can any of you wise people on the ESMB explain this to me???... I would be eternally gratefull..;. and it would totally clear up a confusion...

Love you all

Happy Days
    :dance3:

19. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

Great story Happy Days. I never heard the expression "Target 2", but I would guess that it meant that Hubbard had gone onto his next level of research. You would have had to have been briefed about the fact that Hubbard didn't just die, but "willfully" left his body because it no longer was of use to him in his research of further OT phenomena. This was all per David Miscavige at the LRH "death" announcement event in 1986.

Hey, maybe when I die, I'll have them put on my headstone "gone to target 2."

Looking forward to more of your story.

20. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Death announcement of LRH, 1986
    This video has humorous comments on it. DM does explain 'target 2' however..

(Videos of the intire event was posted a year or more ago. It appears that the videos have been 'disappeared' from the net by our erstwhile freinds in the OSA.)

:yes: