ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Has Tony Ortega always harshly censored dissenting opinion?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Phil Rogers, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Go do it, then.

I don't post there. Tony has the right to do as he pleases on his personally-paid-for forum. I have an equal and corresponding right to not bother spending time there.

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Commenting on the state of Ex-Scientology, and the different environments for Ex-Scientologists to congregate in, is NOT "imported drama".

That is simply an excuse for shutting down discussion on the Ex-Scientologists Message Board.

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

The same thing that happened to the OP happened to me 5 years ago.

Tony has never allowed questioning and dissent from Exes.

4. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

Good!

As is his given right.

Move on. Next!

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

:moveon:

6. He-man

:bleh:

I win yet again.

7. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Do like I do, then. Don't spend time there.

How's your blog doing? You can put out your own viewpoints there, and cultivate your own set of people who want to hear your opinions. Do not assume that others will necessarily have any interest in your opinions, though.

I say what I please. People can tolerate hearing me, or not. It doesn't matter much to me, I don't earn a living from my opinions about Scientology or politics.

There's other subjects where I DO get paid for what I think, but I keep that separate from my hobby opinions.

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

HEY!

I never thought of that!

THANKS!!!!

9. He-man

Boy I shure am glad we cleared that up!

When in doubt man, be more like Enthetan. Or me. You get to pick.

10. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

You are the only person I've seen who is trying hard to fill exes with "guilt and shame" around here, every post you makes seems to have barbs attached ... some more obvious than others. Tony had every right to give you the boot.

I've never seen anything quite like the performance you are putting on, it's like watching someone with keyboard tourettes.

Somes exes may well go through a period of guilt or shame as they de-cult and that is their prerogative, it could be a very important stage of taking personal responsibility, how can that be a bad thing?

It isn't up to you to decide how people should or shouldn't feel.

Sort yourself out and mind your own business where others are concerned.

Seriously ... you are out of control.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

And your posts are all filled with comfy beds of rose petals - all de-barbed and smelling sweet.

And you never tell Exes what they should think - like you are telling me what to think right here.

How many times do you need your hypocrisy pointed out to you before you'll finally see it?

'Cause I'm here for ya, baby.

12. He-man

I think the answer is.

Seven.

13. I told you I was trouble

Grow up.

Glen and tesseract like this.
  14. Peter Soderqvist

Peter Soderqvist Patron with Honors

Its simple!
    The Underground Bunker is a Blog, and Tony does as he pleases!
    If He was a Journalist at CNN he would probably do like Anderson Cooper!

15. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

And he would have to adhere to much higher standards for what stories he chooses to write about, and how he presents them.

Hello, Peter, long time no see.

16. He-man

Fuck it. I'm calling the Squirrel Patrol in on this one, I can't deal with this level of antagonism any more.

*"Ring...ring..."*

"Hello?
    Yes it's me.
    No he isn't letting it go.
    Can ye please come over and sort this out now for me will ye, please?
    OK thanks."

*"Click"*

Screw you guys. I'm out of here.

Good luck with the SP's! I'd run and hide if I was ye!

sp.jpg

:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

17. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I wrote this several days ago but decided not to post it, but now, whenever I open this thread, there it is at the bottom of the screen, so I've decided to post it anyway since nothing I do seems to delete it and it's annoying the f**k out of me.

In an ideal world that would be true, but in today's media, bias is there for all to see, take Fox News vs CNN for starters.

In your first sentence in your OP you said his platform was a blog. If that's the case I suppose he has the right to promote what he wants to promote and negate what he doesn't. I don't know where the line between being a blogger and being a journalist lies, so perhaps I'm talking out of turn, but that's the way I see it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Tanchi and Type4_PTS like this.
  18. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

No, not at CNN would he have to adhere to higher standards. :duh:

19. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Oh Okay. Then Fox News then.

20. I told you I was trouble

To permanently delete something that keeps reappearing hit the 5th from the left button on the top row of the writing pad (restore last draft) then actually delete the post yourself and last of all hit the 'delete draft' button that appears when you hit "restore last draft".