ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Hello and thank-you all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HappyGirl, Sep 20, 2008.

1. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself because since I found ESMB 3 weeks ago, I feel like I have done an OT level. I have laughed and cried and changed my life. :happydance:

I am #1151 per join date (9/4/08). Since then, 15 days ago, 37 people have joined. That’s over 2 a day. Plus, I’m sure that a lot (like me) just peruse the board for a while and don’t join. Those are amazing stats, and a huge shift in viewpoint for me to be checking how many are out rather than in! Just a mere 3 weeks ago the phone ringing could sent me into the fetal position quivering under the bed, but because of what I have read on ESMB I realized - OMG - they fear ME! Because of this board I’m no longer a total woos!

I got into Scn in 1970. I’m Class 4 (LRH gave me the levels - I didn’t have to pay for them!) and am mid-OT7 (and will be forever, because I’m never going back). I was mostly public, but have been on staff and SO, so you can imagine I have a lot of stories over 38 years, but my stories can’t compare to the stories I’ve read on ESMB and other links to which I was directed by ESMB. My friend, John Weidner, who single-handedly ran the Dutch-French underground that saved hundreds of Jews, and who had been captured by the Nazis 3 times, had stories comparable to the ones I have read here - my stories pale in comparison.

So, my introduction to ESMB is mainly a huge THANK YOU. Thank you to Emma for starting and running this board. Thank all of you for being so honest and generous, and in many cases very brave, with your stories. I never in a million years would have imagined that I would one day be thanking a bunch of SPs for salvation. :omg:

Love,
    Happy Girl (I have too many “still-in” to reveal my name). BUT - I bet Tory Magoo can easily figure it out. I was the ONLY girl on staff at, um, well at the place staffed with draft dodgers and ex-cons, where she was wont to come floating in wearing flowered dresses and gardenia perfume.

2. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Welcome HG! I look forward to your wealth of stories in the future. Congratulations on your "EP" of Solo Nots. There are others here who have "EP'ed" that level the same way.

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Welcome, Happy Girl.
    :love11:

4. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

WOW! One more OT VII out!!!

Welcome to ESMB Happy girl. It's wonderful that you have joined us.

:dance2:

5. Jakadak

Jakadak Patron with Honors

Hi Happy Girl and welcome. Its good to see so many joining since I have joined. I am relatively new myself. I'm looking forward to hearing some of your stories.
    Cheers
    Jakadak :happydance:

6. Pitbull

Pitbull Patron with Honors

This really is so fantastic Happy Girl.

I can't imagine what it would have been like for many of us years
    ago if we had a way to hook up with others who were going
    through similar experience.

We just wanted to know what was going on, but found
    and alice in wonderland world where down was up, information
    was either "spoon fed" or hidden from us and no one was
    allowed to really communicate.

Well all that is over now!

Nice to meet you.

7. HappyGirl

-- Hahahahaha!!!!

-- Thank you!! :)

Hey, I'm getting the hang of this! Look at me "multi-quote"!! My abilities are increasing in leaps and bounds!!

8. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Happy Girl!

Hugs all 'round.

I am hoping we're going to hear your stories -even if you think they are tame - every piece of the puzzle helps.

Almost Human

9. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Happy Girl..........

Is it you? Is it?? Oh my Gawd!! I pray it is. I seriously pray it is you.

But..........whomever you are, I am thrilled for you that you're now free! :thankyou: :dance3: :hifive:

Please call me...........as soon as you feel like it.

And enjoy you're new life!!! :thumbsup:

:heartflower: :bighug:

Tory/Magoo~~
    (818) 588-3044

10. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, HappyGirl. Glad you could join us.

11. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

Congratulations and welcome to this board. Emma is a saint and all the rest of us are PTS or SP. You'll enjoy posting here and I look forward to you stories and threads.:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Tim

12. HappyGirl

Yes, I see I have company. It is encouraging to me to see all the "newbies" joining and makes me feel comfortable to be new on this board.

Really! I can't believe this! Thank god for the internet. Yes, we can all step out from behind the mirror now. :) I still can't believe I wasn't the "only one."

13. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, HappyGirl!
    You are a delight!

14. HappyGirl

Wow, that is some welcome and rubber-huggy ball!! Jeez, I sure hope it's me that you are thinking of. I wouldn't want to disappoint you! :unsure: Anyway, whoever I am sincerely appreciates that warm welcome. :) :) :)

15. FlunkedForLaughing

FlunkedForLaughing Patron with Honors

Welcome HappyGirl. Good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing the fact of 2 per day joining ESMB. I like it here. The more the merrier. I look forward to hearing more of your stories, whatever you can share.

FFL

16. KnightVision

KnightVision Gold Meritorious Patron

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Hello Happy Girl!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:welcome2: :welcome2: Welcome to Happy Land!!!!:welcome2: :welcome2:

Having navigated the land mines and crossed the bridge... :witch2: Here, I hope you will find your Eternal Spiritual Freedom!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:pixiedust: :pixiedust: And it's Totally FREE!!!! :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

17. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Happy Girl!!!!:happydance:

18. Another welcome! I love to to see people get out from VII, because I have seen so many friends reach the EP (that is, they become intolerable jerks, so much invested, so sad, and all those poor homeless BT's :( )

19. HappyGirl

AAAaaaww!!

All who took the time to welcome me, it is so appreciated - more than you will ever know.

Love,
    HappyGirl

20. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Welcome Happy girl!!

It is great to have another OT VII on the board!! I am sure you would have an interesting story!!

I'll PM you