ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Hello, I'm coming here from a slightly different viewpoint. LA Sea Org early 70's

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pkatz, Jun 14, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

Yes,I'm coming from a slightly different viewpoint, not that of one who has been abused(tho I had my share of that!) but from the other side of the coin. Sea Org 1970-74, CCLA MAA, FOLO WUS 3rd Mate, SO Training Vessel Excalibur DPF MAA.

I left the SO before many of you found Scn. I'm hoping that some of those I am trying to reach come to this site.

Things could get abusive in the old days, too, but there was little physical confrontation. Mostly threats, yelling and other verbal abuse, including lots of yelling and threats from me. Also being a bastard because I could be.

There was lots of sexual harrassment and contact on my part with public and underlings, especially on the ship.

I wish that I could speak to each woman and man that I mistreated to tell you how sorry I am that it happened and how, in the worst cases, I would make it up to you if I could. I want to let you know that I know that I was an a_ _ hole back then, I'm really sorry for the way I treated you and that I'm doing a lot better now. I sincerely hope you are too!

Paul Katz

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Welcome to ESMB, Paul. I hope you find a few of those early connections and receive any warranted forgiveness. IMO, we all did things we'd rather not have done, it sort of went with the territory. For what it's worth, mate, I wish you all the best. :)

3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you, Paul. Takes a big man to admit to wrong doings and apologize.

4. Clarence Rockaway

Clarence Rockaway Patron with Honors

Hi Paul, Reuben Hart here. Good to have some old CCLA staff on board. This is a neat site. Say whatever you like. I do. And as far as apologizing, there are probably ex-scns here who make what you did look like pattycakes. What do hear from Judy Levine?

5. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

6. LongTimeGone

LongTimeGone Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Paul. :welcome2:

Here, you are among friends who fully understand your regrets.

LTG

7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Very True. :yes:

Welcome Paul. Hope you reconnect with the ones you're looking for and glad you're doing better these days.

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Paul. A lot of us were a-holes back then :melodramatic: so don't worry about it. Hope you will be happy here.

9. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

Reuben, how are ya? I read your bro's long account of his SO days. I can't get enough SO History. john dries is the only one from ccla I've heard from here. as to the lateness of this reply, after I posted last year I couldn't dtermine if it made it onto the board so I stopped looking. (I am nearly web illiterate). I ran into Danny Vitale in clearwater, near to where I live, but haven't talked to him in years. saw barb goetz and paul shapiro @ flag 20+ years ago, but didn't speak to either, not sure why. I said hello to Heber at a fso event ages ago and he seemed to remembered me. Nice to hear from an old shipmate.

10. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

sorry, my mistake

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  11. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Clicking this link leads me to the Google login page. I don't have a Google account (and don't want it). :)

12. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

And the point of this post is?

13. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

I think it is great that you are showing that this behavior is Hubbard's Legacy and it is not just from Miscavage.

Abuse and violence is standard Scientology tech

14. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

I meant to delete the post, sorry!