ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

How many scientologists in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Free to shine, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

This is from http://forums.enturbulation.org/7-g...nsus-data-how-many-scientologists-aust-29596/

-----------------------------

It occurred to me to check the ABS for the last Census count to see how many people had registered as Scientologist under religion. The information is available free to anyone here: 2006 Census Data : View by Topic

The Census is taken every 5 years, the next one will be in 2011. The numbers provided by the ABS are very interesting. (To check it out yourselves, you'll need Excel to open the files on the ABS Census website.)

State: Number of Scientologists:
    South Australia - 124
    Victoria - 626
    New South Wales - 1089
    ACT - 51
    Queensland - 301
    Northern Territory - 8
    Western Australia - 284
    Tasmania - 25

Total - 2508

General information about the Census: The Census of Population and Housing is the largest statistical operation undertaken by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). It aims to accurately measure the number of people in Australia on Census Night, their key characteristics, and the dwellings in which they live.

The scope of the Census is all people in Australia on Census Night, other than foreign diplomats and their families. Visitors to Australia are counted regardless of how long they have been in the country or how long they plan to stay. Australian residents out of the country on Census Night are not included. The Census and Statistics Act (1905) which authorises the Census also provides for the compulsory completion of the Census form.

2. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Intersesting data, but I reckon the actual numbers could be somewhat less than stated.

When I filled out the census form for the family, when the kids were little, I put down their religion as Scientology.

On the last census form, I saw what my boys put down for their religion. They wrote "Scientology". I queried one of them on this, and he replied "What was I supposed to put down - Roman Catholic? Who gives a flyin' fu'k - I don't!"

Of these numbers - how many of these are kids, and how many stated Scientology as their religion because it was the closest to anything that could/would have been correct?

3. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Apparently NZ has 213! That would also include chilluns. (and sheep)

4. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Chullins yes, but not sheep! Sheep only rank highly in one domain - one that would be politically incorrect to include on the census! :whistling: :coolwink:

5. Jakadak

Jakadak Patron with Honors

Hahahahah !!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Sorry Ceedia but I couldn't help myself. :confused2:

6. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

See my post above - doesn't bother me anymore! :whistling: You biatches and bastards will just have to find someone else to pick on from now on! :D
    :)grouch: :angry: :banghead: :pullhair: :moon: )

7. ttamaad

ttamaad Silver Meritorious Patron

Hey, I have a soft spot for sheep :ohmy:

8. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

We know you do ya turd! :eyeroll:

Admitting it though, gives credibilty to Ferals crap and contributes to his persistence in trying to derail every bloody thread that mentions NZ or Oz, by some silly comment about those dear little woolly creatures that we oh so love - so STFU, :grouch: :p, and let's get back to the issue at hand - the number of Scn'ists in Oz! :yes:

9. Jimmymac

Jimmymac Patron

That would be less the number of people who put Jedi down on there census form.

I was on staff at the Auckland Org for 2 years before I went to flag as OOT and I reckon that apart from people doing a book one course (who were never seen again) I saw about 10 different people having metered auditing the whole time I was there and about the same number of old scientologists do any thing in the academy.

I was in the TTC and sometimes it would just be the 3 people in the TTC in the course room for weeks on end.

10. Jimmymac

Jimmymac Patron

I now live in Cairns and there are 12 Scientologists but 22 satanists. :D Not sure what to make of that

11. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

:lol:

You raised really cool kids!!!

12. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

There's an org in Tasmania?

13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

In Tasmania? An Org? Is that some weird kind of marsupial?

14. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Scimanian??:confused2:

15. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Elronian Devil. Perhaps you've heard of it?

16. Feral

Feral Rogue male

That is a rare and seldom seen creature. The last one known was found to be hiding in the desert. They are known to be quite dangerous when they feel threatened, which is often.

They are of the genus "cultis-leaderi" There have been a few previous sightings of other species in this class. Nearly all of these adaptive and cunning creatures have mercifully found extinction.

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

Really interesting information FTS. Now, I know for a fact that there are there are at most, 123 $cns in SA. I have removed myself! So there are 2507 $cns in Oz. If my rusty maths is correct - 1 in approximately every 10,000, at most is a $cn cultie. No wonder its not newsworthy, or the government can't be bothered. $cn is next to NOTHING in Oz!!!!! HaHaHaHaHa.

I wonder whether DM ever looks at official statistics - no, he probably thinks is an SP plot to make the church look small.

If the same ratio pertains in the US, then there are about 20,000 culties there. A bit pathetic for the world's fastest growing religion!

Good!

18. randomx

randomx Patron with Honors

NZ scilons

I have photos of recent Auckland New Zealand events.
    Now bare in mind that these events are compulsory
    for staff to attend and public are hounded for weeks
    to re confirm that they are confirmed for the event.

They get 80 people max.

The Christchurch mission seems to have about 5.
    I`ll get that checked.

But I can confidently say under 100 practicing
    scilons in NZ.

In other words if you lay them down head to toe across
    a rugby field they`d probably all be trampled.

Well.... What a bloody stupid thing to do.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  19. Once bitten

Once bitten Patron Meritorious

Hmm, 5's a bit generous for Christchurch Randomx.

I'd be interested to know too, as I can only count 4

Rob & Maree Deakins
    Mike & Marg McAuliffe

THere are a couple of freezoners though as well who have made contact with me, but don't go to the mission

20. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Me neither!!

Oh man! Funniest bunch of posts I've run into in a while!!! You Aussies rock!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: