ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

HOW TO DEAL WITH CULTEES

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by DartSmohen, May 19, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Alan Walter had a really effective routine that saw many of those who came on missions to "handle" him actually blow off lines pretty soon afterwards.

First thing is for you to remain calm, friendly - even serene when they approach you. If they start being abusive, ie not talking TO you but AT you, simply ask (in a commanding voice) "WHO TOLD YOU TO REPORT IN "? This usually puts them at effect. (it is an old Hubbard trick). Just remain calm, friendly, smile, :happydance:

When they are able to communicate WITH you then ask them " DO YOU REALLY,REALLY WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD RUN BY SCIENTOLOGY"?

All their triggers will start to play on them.:omg::nervous:

In the USA, almost all of those from the cult who came to try and disrupt Alan in Dallas ended up blowing from the SO.:clap::yes:

Dart.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I thought the "report in" malarkey was all to do with Hubbard's imaginary implant stations on Mars or Venus. I can accept culties believing in Hubbard's line, but it really had some effect in reality? Otherwise it sounds like CBR's communing with the mothership.

Paul

3. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

4. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

5. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

Actually, I've seen more than one person end up blowing after coming across a supposed implant in session (between last life and this) where they were sent to CoS to destroy it...and the guilt drove them away. Hopefully...they later were able to look at the truth...but, I could see how this might be an impetus out. The mind can do amazing things to protect us, perhaps even creating the 'evil' within oneself to destroy the thing that we outwardly still feel is our salvation...while giving an 'out' to leave.

6. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Whatever 'added significance' they may have as a result of listening to LRH tapes, 'reporting in' is constantly being restimulated for staff in having to report back to their seniors. Especially, as you no doubt recall, among you Sea Ogres. :)

As a general purpose 'button' it makes perfect sense to me, as does Alan's 'handle'.

Mark A. Baker

7. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I'd feel like a scientologist/cultie myself if I did this ... it's so contrived.

I prefer to relax more these days and do or say what I feel like at the time like normal people do.

:yes:

8. Gus

Gus Patron with Honors

Exactly what I thought - especially amongst the "OT Ambassadors" who are often charged with bringing back the disaffected. "Who told you to report in" would zap them right back to that Mandatory Briefing they endured, where they had to give up their credit card and get assigned with hauling some disaffected Public in to the MAA. And suffer more "credit card amends" if they failed.

Poor bastards.

Gus

9. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Step #1: Think of them as fellow Human Beings.

10. paradox

paradox ab intra silentio vera

OP = More fail dreck. :yes:

Tho' I suppose it might work on the deeply indoctrinated. On the basis of it taking one to know one, I guess. Still sounds like a lousy tit-for-tat way to live life and deal with others.

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Have you no respect?