What's new

Hubbard as a pedophile?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yet, even as the cute nubile little girls paraded around him in boots, hot pants & halter tops serving his every whim we still have those are saying " Well, he never DID anything ".

Take any other older man, put those children around him & watch how fast his old ass gets in trouble with the law.

I'm thinking the reason we didn't hear of anything happening is because he was too impotent by then. Being able to leer at scantily clad teenage girls was the only thing he could do any more.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Yet, even as the cute nubile little girls paraded around him in boots, hot pants & halter tops serving his every whim we still have those are saying " Well, he never DID anything ".

Take any other older man, put those children around him & watch how fast his old ass gets in trouble with the law.

I bet he was using them for an occult purpose. Like the 'vestal virgins' of old cult temples that are the origins of nuns.

AMORC, which is a supposed Rosicrucian cult based out of San Jose had the same kind of deal going. They had 'Colombes' which were virgin girls past puberty who would do stuff in their temple ceremonies.

Funny story; I heard from a 30 year veteran that at first, they had girls around eighteen or so, but they got younger and younger over the years to where they now are 12 and 13!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I'm thinking the reason we didn't hear of anything happening is because he was too impotent by then. Being able to leer at scantily clad teenage girls was the only thing he could do any more.
I'm thinking it simply gave him a sense of power. Surrounding himself with a bevy of 'pretty little things' while denying any sexual outlet to unmarried male SO members who were probably climbing up the walls. Just another facet of his obnoxious personality IMO.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I'm thinking it simply gave him a sense of power. Surrounding himself with a bevy of 'pretty little things' while denying any sexual outlet to unmarried male SO members who were probably climbing up the walls. Just another facet of his obnoxious personality IMO.

Image was no doubt part of it.

Power and control are certainly his goals, but don't dismiss my suggestion. There is a long tradition in the occult about this, which he no doubt knew about.

Even if it's not true that virgin girls give off some kind of mystical energy, I wouldn't be surprised if he believed it. He would of certainly been aware of the tradition one way or another.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Yes I can imagine him drooling over immature school girls, and having them intimidate the crap out of Sea org members, and giggling to himself. That would be power over virile young men, who I am sure he was jealous of.

There was a time when bed hopping was all the rage in the SO, before my time. Then it changed. Did it change because he was worried about bad press and the Church image or because he couldn't get it up himself so he wanted to stop everyone else from having fun?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Yes I can imagine him drooling over immature school girls, and having them intimidate the crap out of Sea org members, and giggling to himself. That would be power over virile young men, who I am sure he was jealous of.

There was a time when bed hopping was all the rage in the SO, before my time. Then it changed. Did it change because he was worried about bad press and the Church image or because he couldn't get it up himself so he wanted to stop everyone else from having fun?

More control, probably.

If you limit someone to a marriage, then you have the power to take away their sexual partner if you want to.

I've heard of this happening quite often in the Sea Org. As a matter of fact, it happened to me.

I wasn't married more than a month or so when my wife got sent on a mission. The first time she had ever been, I believe.

She was in the CMO, though never as a messenger for Hubbard, as far as she told me, so he was no doubt aware of her status and no doubt could have picked someone besides a newlywed, but I bet he was trying to not let one of his beauties get too attached to someone else.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I would think that a man who had erectile dysfunction problems as a younger man would surely be a candidate for having such problems as an older man. Because even guys who never, ever had a problem as a younger man can develop ED when they get older. It is just part of the physiology of aging. Now granted, everyone ages differently. But it is a fact that it is more expected of older men.

So, yeah, L Ron was likely not getting it up when he had the young girls running around him. What motivated him to have them, dressed as they were, you guys would know better than I would.

Also, FWIW, there are some old goats who, if they have a partner to make demands upon, will insisted on being "orally pleasured" far into old age, even though nothing at all ever happens as a result of the activity. Several older women have shared this kind of info with me. None of them were particularly enchanted with the practice.

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I would think that a man who had erectile dysfunction problems as a younger man would surely be a candidate for having such problems as an older man. Because even guys who never, ever had a problem as a younger man can develop ED when they get older. It is just part of the physiology of aging. Now granted, everyone ages differently. But it is a fact that it is more expected of older men.

Never heard that about Laffy. He always seemed as libidinous as the next guy. Perhaps his sex magic practices had blowback.

Just curious, where did you hear this?

So, yeah, L Ron was likely not getting it up when he had the young girls running around him. What motivated him to have them, dressed as they were, you guys would know better than I would.

Indeed.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Never heard that about Laffy. He always seemed as libidinous as the next guy. Perhaps his sex magic practices had blowback.

Just curious, where did you hear this?

Indeed.

He did take Testosterone to make him horny and irresistible to females, and talks in his affirmations about how potent he was, if you draw that backwards he had to make himself believe he was because he was more floppy disk than hard drive, if you get my drift.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It is in his "Affirmations".
I'm not saying this to counter that idea but I think it's unwise to believe everything you see written about the Affirmations. They've apparently been re-written, excerpted, dissected, interpreted, commented upon and so forth. As far as I know, only a very few people actually saw the originals which are now (apparently) back in the CofS' keeping.

It's not a HUGE point, just something worth bearing in mind... maybe. :blush:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I'm not saying this to counter that idea but I think it's unwise to believe everything you see written about the Affirmations. They've apparently been re-written, excerpted, dissected, interpreted, commented upon and so forth. As far as I know, only a very few people actually saw the originals which are now (apparently) back in the CofS' keeping.

It's not a HUGE point, just something worth bearing in mind... maybe. :blush:

I bet Gerry Armstrong would know one way or the other.

Anyway to ask him?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
In the preamble to the affirmation's as they appear on his website, he explains that to the best of his recollections, these are the affirmations he saw.
(my bold) Yes. That's, more or less, my point.

Remember those childhood whisper games where you pass a message down the line?

Or that old War Story joke where "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance!" ends up as "Send Three and Four Pence, we're going to a dance!" :)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Gerry's recollections are flawed, I'm just saying... you know!

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
(my bold) Yes. I dun got in and posted before you. You need to learn to click quicker. I thought racecars were supposed to be fast.

I remember that childhood game called telephone where you speak in each others ear.

Or that old registrar's joke where "hand over your cash!" ends up as "Your hand is on my rash!" :)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Gerry's recollections are flawed due to entangled ridges of engrams, but Gerry's recollections are flawed due to entangled ridges of engrams!
I don't mind what you say about me, but you shouldn't be so harsh on Gerry.