What's new

HUBBARD WAS DEMONIZED

Veda

Sponsor
"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any civilian figure."

Marty Rathbun, from his Blog.

hubbard.jpe

There's no particular reason for my posting this quote as a separate thread, except that, upon reflection, it seems remarkably odd.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
I think in this case chatter means Facts that can be proven. That is a cute way to make less of all the real info and dox that have been presented RE L Ron Hubbard currently.

IMHO it would seem like a silly attempt to make less of the real info that is out about him today by saying durring to cold war it was much worse.

Just call me master of the obvious.

Wow...

"it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any civilian figure."

Is that a break with reality or what?

Poor Marty! :no:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
"the cold war establishment."

That's it! We have found the SP, and now planetary clearing is within certain reach!

Marty, shut up and get a job.

There's more to life than this nonsense.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any civilian figure."
<snip>
So what? - I aim to demonize that asshole a lot more than the cold war establisment ever did.

:yes:

Veda

Sponsor

Marty Rathbun, from his Blog.

hubbard.jpe

It's fairly easy for me to understand Marty Rathbun's thinking on the topic of why Hubbard was attacked and besmirched, etc. , but I wouldn't expect him to be upfront, with those not in his inner circle, about the "thinking" that's behind statements such as the above.

Here's a re-post of some stuff that no doubt Marty takes quite seriously, but would not admit to taking seriously in front of "wogs." There's much more similar Scientology oobleck, and this is merely a sample - provided as background information for those who haven't already seen it.
:)

Hubbard repeatedly refused to work for the Establishment, despite their repeated efforts to enlist him in their service.

According to Hubbard there were repeated attempts by both the Russians and the US government to take possession of his work on the mind.

The first, according to Hubbard, was the late 1930s theft, by the Russian KGB, of his 'Excalibur' manuscript.

Also, according to a 1955 letter to FBI, from Hubbard - one of his many bizarre letters that eventually earned him the "appears mental" label - he was offered his own laboratory and "very high fees" if agreed to work for the Russians.

However, his skills as a nuclear physicist were also coveted by the US government. Here's Hubbard explaining that, during World War II, he was repeatedly asked to work on the Manhattan Project (the secret project building the atomic bomb), and each time refused, and each time was sent into a combat theater as punishment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-6I-d4jK0

And here is Hubbard describing the period of 1946, when he first came in contact with Sara Komkovadamanov, who he claimed to be a Russian spy, at "the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech." Hubbard describes this covert operation:

From the confidential 1969 issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Data Collection':

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics."

And regarding the same time period of the 1950s...

From a 1977 recorded message, 'Can we Ever Be Friends?':

"Possibly any trouble Dianetics or Scientology ever had began on May 9, 1950 when the U.S government, excited by the possibility of Hubbard's work, sought to force him into classified government service.

"In Washington, they told him they wanted him to work on projects to make people more suggestible. When he declined they threatened and, typically, he refused to bow.

"And the war between the government and Scientology was on."

There's another version of this from the 1978 edition of 'What is Scientology?'. It ends with:

"The government never forgave him for this and soon began vicious, covert international attacks on his work. "

The above two accounts, re. the U.S. government, were taken from a recorded lecture from the 1950s.

So, Hubbard's genuis was much desired by the Establishments of both the USA and the Soviet Union, and he repeatedly refused both, and was, as a result, viciously attacked by both.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
great post Veda, I bow to your posting prowess.

the funny thing is it could have been understandable for the US and USSR to be interested in a new Phil of the mind and the potential mind control possibilites. I mean if I was the supreme rhula at the time I would have wanted that kind or weapon for me and not for the bad guys.

So the acceptable truth is there. of course when investigated (which I would assume that they would have done) it turrned out to be nothing more then a snake oil salesmen trying to get his chedder.

would this have stopped LRH from trying to make the most out of it and elevate his own EGO?..........................well thanks to the great posting by Veda we have a clear picture.

thanks

Veda

Sponsor
great post Veda, I bow to your posting prowess.

the funny thing is it could have been understandable for the US and USSR to be interested in a new Phil of the mind and the potential mind control possibilites. I mean if I was the supreme rhula at the time I would have wanted that kind or weapon for me and not for the bad guys.

So the acceptable truth is there. of course when investigated (which I would assume that they would have done) it turrned out to be nothing more then a snake oil salesmen trying to get his chedder.

would this have stopped LRH from trying to make the most out of it and elevate his own EGO?..........................well thanks to the great posting by Veda we have a clear picture.

thanks

Rathbun is supposed to be coming out with two books soon, and one may be a biography of Hubbard. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the subject matter of Hubbard.

How much material - such as the above - will he use? How much will he ignore and not use? What approach will he use?

He's provided some hints of how he's going to approach the task, and his approach is essentially recycled old CofS handlings, modified slightly for the Internet age, and for the Independent Scientology/CofS Scientology feud.

Hubbard - his words, his background, his image, his reputation - is a problem for both the CofS Scientologists and the outside the CofS Scientologists. They can't make Hubbard go away. Hubbard and Scientology are forever intertwined. However, perhaps they can manipulate us "wogs" sufficiently to make the "Hubbard problem" go away.

We'll shall see.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

We'll shall see.

That's we shall see.

That is if Marty ever competes his cycles of action and produces these books.

LRH_legacy.jpg

I'm watching this, as Marty has demonstrated a capacity to manipulate some unsuspecting "humanoids."

Gadfly

Crusader
Rathbun is supposed to be coming out with two books soon, and one may be a biography of Hubbard. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the subject matter of Hubbard.

How much material - such as the above - will he use? How much will he ignore and not use? What approach will he use?

He's provided some hints of how he's going to approach the task, and his approach is essentially recycled old CofS handlings, modified slightly for the Internet age, and for the Independent Scientology/CofS Scientology feud.

Hubbard - his words, his background, his image, his reputation - is a problem for both the CofS Scientologists and the outside the CofS Scientologists. They can't make Hubbard go away. Hubbard and Scientology are forever intertwined. However, perhaps they can manipulate us "wogs" sufficiently to make the "Hubbard problem" go away. Hubbard's "image" is largely a PR caper.

We'll shall see.

I can't imagine that Marty's "biography" of Hubbard will be anything other than incredibly fictional make-believe, horribly slanted and exhibiting severe selective memory loss (denial of real events as they truly were). In other words, just more of the same fairy tale over-exaggerated crap that the C od S has been spewing since the beginning. Isn't Marty the daffy dolt who is highly concerned about "Ron's image" in the world?

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's odd is Marty's sentence structure. "what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were?" He needs an editor.

"What were the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man?" - LOL, how the fuck is Marty going to shed any light on that. He never even met the guy. How would he know how anything affected him beyond speculation.

I'm sure it hurt Hubbards feelings and pissed him off and made him more paranoid and got him yelling and chain lockering kids and falling off of motorcycles and throwing old ladies that can't swim over the sides of ships and making old guys push peanuts around a splintery wooden decks with just his nose while his wife and child stood buy watching their dad as good ole Ronny filmed it all and he felt a little better when the cute 14-yr old messengers bent over in their hot-pants and halter-tops to draw his bath and pick up his shoes and also the pinks and greys with a slosh of rum did help too somewhat but then again it gave him nightmares about chariots and great thwackings and crackings and volcanoes exploding all of which making him all ornery-like and ordering people to be utterly destroyed and all that especially on days when he got mentioned by writers of mean books on hisself and hisself's empire of 'slaves that don't know why' and being so misunderstood and all, well, I'm sure he just sat on the bed some days and just wept like a poor clam on a beach with sand in its gullet.

But usually he was a jolly ole bloke, with rosey cheeks and a jovial grin and didn't worry a whit about yapping dogs getting under his wheels - he just blasted those dogs with his Xenon zap gun sending them up in a fine misty red which did set off nicey against his ownself's lilting locks. So he just wrote and he wrote til he blew the house down - oh wait... wrong words... nevermind...

So really, what more can Marty yap on about? Must be a short book.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can't imagine that Marty's "biography" of Hubbard will be anything other than incredibly fictional make-believe, horribly slanted and exhibiting severe selective memory loss (denial of real events as they truly were). In other words, just more of the same fairy tale over-exaggerated crap that the C od S has been spewing since the beginning. Isn't Marty the daffy dolt who is highly concerned about "Ron's image" in the world?

I don't know; I think Rathbun might be cleverer than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a much more down-to-earth version of Hubbard's life, that emphasized his wonderful tech much more than any extraordinary exploits in other fields. Rathbun has said several things in this direction already. After all, doesn't Rathbun admit that he never even met Hubbard? The point about that is not that he didn't know Hubbard so he can't tell about Hubbard's life; the point is that none of Hubbard's own personal glory rubs off on Rathbun. It doesn't help Marty Rathbun in any way to emphasize how great a human being L. Ron Hubbard was, because Hubbard is dead, and he died without ever anointing Rathbun in any way. Whereas Hubbard did directly authorize the Church of Scientology.

What does help Rathbun is to insist that what really mattered about Hubbard was his wonderful tech, because Rathbun's own credentials as a tech-maven are strong. That's his selling point. So if he can redefine Scientology as being all about the tech, and not at all about Hubbard the man, then he positions himself better as being Hubbard's true heir, after all. Even better if he can re-imagine Hubbard himself as having been all about the tech, and not about being a multi-faceted legend.

So I'd expect Rathbun to write quite a revisionist LRH biography, shorn of most of the hagiographic myth of the CofS. He probably wouldn't go so far as to explicitly deny all the myths — that might offend his Indie Hubbard fans. But I'd expect him to just omit most of the myths, neither confirming nor denying, by emphasizing strongly that none of those other achievements are important in comparison with The Tech. That'll leave his Hubbard fans still happy, get Marty himself off the hook of having to defend Hubbard's sillier claims, and position himself as the one guy who understands Hubbard and deserves to succeed him.

The downside to this scenario, as far as people like me are concerned, is that if it's right, then a lot of Rathbun's book will be historical minutiae of Scientology gibberish. In 1967 there was this rundown, then in 1968 there was that one. That sort of thing. I'm not sure even fervent Scientologists will really be interested, but they'll try really hard to be, and praise Rathbun's book to the skies. For the rest of us, it'll just be boring. No hilarious claims about Hubbard flying nuclear submarines in China for the FBI, or whatever it was. Too bad.

Veda

Sponsor
I don't know; I think Rathbun might be cleverer than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a much more down-to-earth version of Hubbard's life, that emphasized his wonderful tech much more than any extraordinary exploits in other fields. Rathbun has said several things in this direction already. After all, doesn't Rathbun admit that he never even met Hubbard? The point about that is not that he didn't know Hubbard so he can't tell about Hubbard's life; the point is that none of Hubbard's own personal glory rubs off on Rathbun. It doesn't help Marty Rathbun in any way to emphasize how great a human being L. Ron Hubbard was, because Hubbard is dead, and he died without ever anointing Rathbun in any way. Whereas Hubbard did directly authorize the Church of Scientology.

What does help Rathbun is to insist that what really mattered about Hubbard was his wonderful tech, because Rathbun's own credentials as a tech-maven are strong. That's his selling point. So if he can redefine Scientology as being all about the tech, and not at all about Hubbard the man, then he positions himself better as being Hubbard's true heir, after all. Even better if he can re-imagine Hubbard himself as having been all about the tech, and not about being a multi-faceted legend.

So I'd expect Rathbun to write quite a revisionist LRH biography, shorn of most of the hagiographic myth of the CofS. He probably wouldn't go so far as to explicitly deny all the myths — that might offend his Indie Hubbard fans. But I'd expect him to just omit most of the myths, neither confirming nor denying, by emphasizing strongly that none of those other achievements are important in comparison with The Tech. That'll leave his Hubbard fans still happy, get Marty himself off the hook of having to defend Hubbard's sillier claims, and position himself as the one guy who understands Hubbard and deserves to succeed him.

The downside to this scenario, as far as people like me are concerned, is that if it's right, then a lot of Rathbun's book will be historical minutiae of Scientology gibberish. In 1967 there was this rundown, then in 1968 there was that one. That sort of thing. I'm not sure even fervent Scientologists will really be interested, but they'll try really hard to be, and praise Rathbun's book to the skies. For the rest of us, it'll just be boring. No hilarious claims about Hubbard flying nuclear submarines in China for the FBI, or whatever it was. Too bad.

Keep in mind that Marty is writing two books. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27356-SCIENTOLOGY-WAS-MISUSED-new-book This is the first one, which, according to him, is mainly about the "whats" of the present day "tech." The next book is supposed to be about the "whys," historically, of Hubbard and Scientology. That second book will be the more difficult task.

The first book prepares Marty's reading audience (especially his "wog" audience, and Marty is very concerned with certain "wog" "opinion leaders")for the second book.

Where will he go with the second book? - he's already provided some clues, for example, his use of old Scientology PR ploys, such as asserting that people misunderstood Hubbard due to their (low IQ/aberrated state). "The literalization of L. Ron Hubbard," etc. But that's in the future, and posts (edited) such as the one below addressed that (2nd) book.

l-ron-hubbard-way1.jpg

The new breed of Scientologist is going to need to be someone who can watch a video such as this and not have the slightest urge to besmirch the "good name" or "image" of L. Ron Hubbard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwT-nmpZJg&feature=related

And, right before our very eyes :ohmy: over at MartyWorld and in other places, including MiscavigeWorld, the "good name" and "image" of L. Ron Hubbard are of great importance.

Don't underestimate Scientology's Sneakiness and Manipulation Tech, or capacity to fight wars of attrition.

Some background:

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure. One cumulative effect of it all was to one degree or another de-humanize him in the public eye. We see remnants of those effects to this day. Tony Ortega has even come to the conclusion that my mission - and the mission of many independents - is made hopeless by this historical landscape. The landscape is not easy to conceptualize given its long lived nature and Miscavige's daily efforts to make the myths a reality. Providing context to the entire picture is a long term project that I never lose sight of, but unfortunately I have not found the time to devote to it that it deserves."

Marty Rathbun, from his Blog, September 30, 2011

Marty's Factor #11:

"Miscavige has run a continuous propaganda campaign attempting to besmirch the good name of L. Ron Hubbard. He has continually given little interest or funds for defending public relations attacks on L. Ron Hubbard."

Marty&Mike and other Independent Scientologists are doing an, apparently, self-assigned PR action for the religion-angled, religion-cloaked, cult of Hubbard, which, ultimately, includes both the CofS Scientology and outside the CofS Scientology, a.k.a. "Greater Scientology."

"Greater Scientology" - currently having a very visible PR feud - has finally found an effective "button" to push with which to apply the following "LRH datum." That button is the "Church" of Scientology as run by David Miscavige:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils [Miscavige, and Miscavology, which is to be regarded as 'Reverse Scientology']. This declassifies us [Independent Scientologists, the true On-Source Scientologists] from former labels [Unpopular nutty cultists]..."

Confidential 'Black Propaganda' 12 January 1972

The corporate Hubbard cult, best known as the "Church of Scientology," isn't going to go away any time soon, however, Miscavige will eventually go away, one way or another. When that happens, the "Wogs" (so the idea goes) will have been softened up by the application of the above LRH Propaganda Tech "datum."

Will Marty even be able to write the more challenging 2nd book? Or will he collide with the wall of Hubbardian B.S. that delayed the official CofS Biography for 30 years, and culminated in the ridiculous puffed-up "L. Ron Hubbard encyclopedia" coffee table books.

We shall see....

Gadfly

Crusader
. . . . besmirch the "good name" of L. Ron Hubbard

I always laugh out loud when I read that line by Marty. It is just so off-the-wall (to me). What a thing to get all worked up and be concerned about.

:hysterical:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
The man who moved in with famous satanist Jack Parsons... was demonized?

The man who attempted to perform the "sex magick" of the "Babalon Working" in order to create a "moonchild"... was demonized?

The man who taught his followers that Jesus Christ was "an implant"... was demonized?

The man who committed bigamy... was demonized?

Looks to me like he demonized himself. Nothing religious or holy about that fat old fraud.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
...So if he can redefine Scientology as being all about the tech, and not at all about Hubbard the man, then he positions himself better as being Hubbard's true heir, after all. Even better if he can re-imagine Hubbard himself as having been all about the tech, and not about being a multi-faceted legend....
Interesting point.