ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Hysterical STANDING OVATIONS. HITLER had them too

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by Karen#1, Dec 8, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

[video]http://youtu.be/GMPln9M6eRo[/video]

2. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Is that from the latest event?

Miscavige looks like he is in the Land of the Giants.

3. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Circa Feb. 1982, my first night in Stevens Creek Mission, everyone standing and clapping at a picture of LRH on the wall. It was probably the first clue I had that something is not right in Scientology. I had read The Gulag Archipelago a few years previously and Solzhenitsyn describes the Central Committee standing and clapping at a portrait of Stalin for forty-five minutes, no one wanting to be the first to stop and be seen as an "enemy". Could end a career and get shipped to the Gulag for that. So I was intrigued by this same silliness in Scientology and wanted to see how long it lasted. When I was in the SO at INCOMM I never saw it go on more than maybe three minutes or so, although it felt like forever sometimes. Anyway, The Gulag Archipelago is a first person account of just how insane humans can go with group think and one of the most depressing books ever written so I knew right from the start from what I saw that Scientology had the same potential for idiocy. How did this clap at the LRH picture get started? Any old-timers know the story?

I'm not going to watch the video with the midget, It would be 2:33 of my life I'd never get back. :)

4. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Yuck! The last guy to say thanks got a scornful laugh out of me when he said "Thanks for the RTC for keeping the tech pure"! What a load of crap. Not that the tech is worth anything anyways, pure or not. And then the special thanks to Miscavige. I just about barfed my pants.

5. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

In order to avoid a sudden UNEXPECTED non-scripted, non-rehearsed
    spontaneous communication to the the crowds:::

Every every single word must be pre-approved by Miscavige himself.
    There is no Ad Lib.

There is no word spoken that has not been "billed and drilled" ahead of time !

6. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Yeah, I gotta pretty much agree with you there! :thumbsup:

It's funny. I never liked Scientology events, even back in the 1980s, and that was WAY BEFORE they got so horrendously over-the-top glitchy, and gaudy and OVER-PRODUCED to the MAX! Even back then, they seemed so contrived, and the excessive PR and exaggerations were annoying and simply difficult to tolerate. Just the "look" of a modern Scientology event is so TACKY. They are "materialism pushed to an absolute nauseous limit".

And, I am supposed to believe that all of these people with cute little pins and large dangling gold medals are "advanced spiritual beings"? :duh: :duh:

It is amazingly absurd to me. In my involvement with Scientology I NEVER for a moment had ANY desire to get a nice gold medal, and stand up in front of some event audience with people clapping in enthusiastic admiration. Maybe I am "out of it", but such things never did and still don't make ANY sense to me. Not to mention that people actual find "meaning" in doing such things.

I was a Flag Rep at a Class IV org in 1979. It ended up being my job to implement the program for each big event. I remember commenting to my wife, "Isn't this ironic? I am the guy who HATES Scientology events, and here I am having to set them up!" Even with that I would often manage NOT to attend the actual event!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Amazing

Wow

Mr Miscavige - you're the best example :omg:
    and you, yourself, are so proud to pseudo-translate so your approved speach!

Too much humbleness - too much :omg:

What a scam :nervous:

8. J. Swift

J. Swift Patron with Honors

Miscavige is now so desperate for praise that he has a Third World military officer praise him in his native language -- and then DM translates the accolades himself! Miscavige might as well have completed the entire farce by saying, "What General Juan here just told you idiots is that I am the world's greatest religious leader! Now give me a big round of applause!" Miscavige has once again made a mockery out of a sham wrapped in sadism and covered with lies.

[​IMG]

/////

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  9. J. Swift

J. Swift Patron with Honors

[​IMG]

/////

10. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Pretty sure all those dangly little green ribbons are 'Blow-job Appreciation' awards, call of duty above and beyond stuff......

But really, could anyone human get past 30 seconds of that pap?

*wipes barf offa screen*

yuck.

11. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

12. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

13. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

I like the way he stands at a safe distance from the Big Guy who must be about twice his height.

I like the rows of empty seats.

I like the way he is scratching around in remote corners of the empire to find his witnesses.

Poor little man! He looks a lot older and his face is kind of crumbling.

14. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

Now the Scios think that DM is fluent in all languages. And the last (very tall) guy will probably suffer for his indecent behavior. Miscavige had placed himself away from him for a reason: To not look even tinier in comparison, and you can see how DM hates that the speaker turns to him and forces him to come forward and shake his hand. Priceless.

15. Veda

Veda Sponsor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfHkLyurTw

No standing ovation can compare with the multiple standing ovations at the LRH Death Event in 1986 - standing ovations for RON's ultimate achievement of having causatively discarded his healthy body because it had become an impediment to research. Here Robert Vaughn Young talks about the shore story invented for the rank and file (From 3:12 - 4:00):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9ccsUMPBk

16. Student of Trinity

Student of Trinity Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't think I want to watch that video. Can someone say who this uniformed guy is supposed to be? That loose array of medals he's wearing doesn't look real to me.

17. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

:iagree:

18. Veda

Veda Sponsor

19. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

My thoughts exactly. He's supposed to be some high ranking Columbian army officer but looks more like an actor. I didn't catch his name - was it Juan A Kilocoke?

20. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Wonder where The "Red Haired Thetan" is now.