ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I am done

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 42yearsin&pissed, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Good twin

Good twin Floater

He's a liar.

2. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't tell you how happy I am about all of this. I really am. lol - my sister came by my house after work Friday. She picked up her BFG book I had for her. She also asked me to print the book “A Piece of the Blue Sky” (I told her there were two specific points where I lost all faith in scientology: the Affirmations (sent her the link) and the Blue Sky book – so she wanted to read both.

I am waiting to hear how her weekend went! :)

The best part is her very good friend and that friend's husband are both now either out or getting out... the SP times, Anons, BFG all of it is having a trickling effect and people are, day after day.... reading, learning the truth and leaving scientology forever. It really is happening…

3. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Your sister actually commented on something I wrote on FB this morning. That's a first. So, she's not having an issue "communicating" with a Declared SP. A very good sign in my opinion.

4. FinallyFree

Yes, such a great sign!!! I didn't know that! I can't "see" FB until I get home in the afternoon.

She even looked me in the eyes Friday night after a thoughtful pause and asked me “Is it bad to think that maybe scientology is a cult?” Do you know how hard it was for me to not go over board on answering that question?

I am so proud of her. She is moving faster than I did. She is less afraid going through it than I was and read the OT stuff way before I did in my progress on this. She has bigger “balls” than I do, but she always has so I don’t know why I am so surprised.

I feel like I was worried far more than I needed to be. She is following her own path, reading, thinking and when she has a question or needs a link she asks me. Now she is sharing the link I sent her with her friend. I feel like I am coming full circle and it is helping me more with my own progress actually. There is something to this getting others out that makes me feel like I can set this cult stuff aside and stop allowing it to rob me of my happiness.

I have a sustainable happiness that I haven’t been able to have for most of my life. This is literally the best I have felt in my whole life.

5. FinallyFree

lol - I shared these posts with her and she had this to say:

"I am just tired of being scared of my church, I am tired of being scared about what I think, or what I say. Your church is supposed to make you feel safe, supopsed to lessen lifes fears, not be lifes sole or biggest fear of all life.....
    then hearing the some of thos epeople left...
    and hearing about nthign in writing on declares.
    i just decided not to be scared anymore even if that risks losing half my friends on fb, or losing my chance to go in session anymore thru the church, but maybe i don't want to go in session thru the chruch any more.

I am not sure what bothered you about the affirmations though. it's not having the same effect on me as it did you. =P i am almost done reading them too."

She also wants to know if you noticed that was her first post on your wall. She also wants you to know that another declared SP booted my sis off the friends list. My sister threw a stink until she fixed it so they were friends again.

God I *LOVE* my sister! :heartflower: :cloud9: <----me

6. Kathy (ImOut)

FF, I'm not sure if that was her first post or not. I'm sort of sure. But my memory isn't all that good. A Declared SP kicked your sister off the declared page? Why would a declared kick her off?

7. FinallyFree

The "SP" didn't want to get anyone in 'trouble' - what an SP huh?

8. Kathy (ImOut)

I did the same with the active Scn I met on another message board. I had to let her know I was declared and that the choice was hers for continuing to comm with me. She "knew" I wasn't an SP just by my characteristics (in comm, funny, etc.) on the message board. But she did offer to help me get it straightened out. I let her know, that wasn't necessary. LOL!!! We didn't exactly stop comm'ing on the message board, we both just stopped posting as often.

9. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

There is so much goodness in this post. I'm absolutely thrilled for you, both for the progress your sister is making and in the feelings you are experiencing. I suspect that something about helping your sister and her friends to wake up is "redeeming" your own CoS experience - transforming the bad parts into something useful for good.

While it's great you're proud of your sister and her courage, don't forget that when you asked questions and did your research, your sister hadn't left before you and paved the way. Your sister has that going for her - that you've been through it and she knows you're there for her no matter what.

:happydance: FF :happydance:

10. FinallyFree

Thank you so much (you too Kathy!).

It does mean a lot to me to help others out. The worse part for me is getting out, being on the other side only to see others in the position where they are clueless.

I joined staff because I wanted to help people. I truly did. I thought I could help people with scientology. So I became a “full time scientologist” by being on staff and “clearing the planet”. I can’t stand what I went through, the lies, the deception EVERYTHING.

I can’t stand that I know WHY scientologists continue to follow the church and buy into the lies. I just can’t bring myself to be angry with them. How could I? I was there – I “get it”. So I feel a degree of responsibility to help people out. I feel like I have a unique view point and from that view point I can really help people to start to wake up. I know the barriers they and walls they have put up in order to protect their “faith”.

Trouble is you shouldn’t have to work that hard on faith. You shouldn't have to work moment to moment to keep those blinders up. So how do you break through to someone who hides the truth from themselves on a continual basis?

What I have learned is that the person needs to WANT to wake up. You know it is true – you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink, you can answer questions but only to these of which they think to ask. So how long do you stand by and watch it before you roll your sleeves up and say to yourself “okay, I have to do something here, at least try”?

I have been accused of trying to save the world (ha! They should see what I would do if I COULD lol). – it is overwhelming. There are quite a few scientologists out here in the L.A. area. So I thought about it and decided I could save a few people. I could start with my family. I hoped it would have a ripple effect and that other people from there would work on helping other learn the truth. I at least wanted my family and decided I would start with them. Well now she is talking to her friend who is just about out and her friend’s husband (Ex S.O.) and HE is out. It is more than I dared to hope and I don’t think it will stop.

Now I am going to work on my Ex scientologists community. I am in touch with a few other Ex’s. We have decided to start and Ex community, a “safe” group people can talk to and lean on if needed. A good friend is talking abut using her home as a half way house for Ex SO who want to escape. I can help in my own way and I am going to.

Neither of us can STAND how isolated you are made to feel, the fear, the feeling that you can’t escape and have no one to turn to. We want to change that.

Sorry for the long post. I am pretty passionate about this and your responses got me going! lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  11. Kathy (ImOut)

^^^Great Post Finally Free^^^

12. FinallyFree

:hifive: :blowkiss:

13. Kathy (ImOut)

Back atchya.

Hey, if I head to LA next year (possibly for my 30th HS reunion - man I'm old), I'll let you know so we can meet in person. Maybe I'll skip the reunion and just do an LA tour of all the exes. LOL!!!

14. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:goodposting:

15. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Sensational post, FF. ^^^

It's so exciting, all that's happening.

16. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

Wins

:thumbsup: Good on your wins. :thumbsup: :clap:

Girls have balls too, they are just located internally ! :yes: :lol:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  17. FinallyFree

Thank you all sincerely.

Kathy, I would LOVE to meet up with you. Hell, maybe we could swing by the complex – I haven’t been brave enough to venture back there alone. I wonder if there is a Starbucks close by? :whistling:

Then again I bet the Canteen is still there…. Dare to go in with me?

Anyone know how security at PAC is these days? I wonder if I would recognize anyone there.

18. xenusdad

xenusdad Patron with Honors

welcome fellow angel

welcome to the ranks of the saner! :happydance: