ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I am not a Scientologist

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Isene, Sep 29, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

2. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

I am not a Scientologist either.

3. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

I am not a Scientologist.

- Gadfly

Geir said:

"In a meeting with three amazing friends the other day, the subject of Scientology came up. We discussed the subject briefly and one of them suddenly interjected: “Scientologists are not being themselves“. “Hmm?“, I replied. And he clarified the statement: “Well if they are being a Scientologist, then they are not being themselves“.

Immediately it dawned on me that “Goddamn, he’s right!“.

That is why scientologists has a knee-jerk urge to defend the subject, L. Ron Hubbard or anything supporting Scientology. Because if you truly are in harmony with just being yourself, then there would be no need to defend. Or attack. One would be free. The paradox is that many people having advanced high on The Bridge to Total Freedom exhibit an advanced urge to defend. It indicates they are less free and not in harmony and not simply being themselves."

I said:

I find the data of Buddhism to be most accurate when it comes to “spiritual development”. Any contrivance of “self”, where you identify your fundamental awareness with ANY of the stuff of the physical universe (or with anything in any of the categories known as “dynamics” of Scientology), is non-essential, arbitrary, albeit unique for each person. It all comes down to identification with something “out there” (or “in here” regarding the many self-created objects of the mind). Scientologists agree with MANY statements and claims of Hubbard, and adopt a false personality based on these ideas. Christians do the same. Liberals do the same. Any person who identifies with some package of qualities or views does this.

The Scientology personality, or “ego”, is just one such example. There is no such thing as “being in harmony with” your “self”, because ANY “self” is a manufactured “thingie”. As long as one identifies one’s awareness with ANYTHING else, there will always be some degree of “out of harmony”. Out of harmony with what? When you know the answer to that you won’t have to ask.

I would add that involvement with Scientology, through agreement with a great many Scientology-based ideas, oftens results in the (self) creation of a very complicated, deep and convoluted personality or "ego". The "Scientologist" has been tricked and coaxed into identifying with a great many ideas and things that he or she fundamentally is NOT. That is quite ironic since a "path to spiritual freedom" should disentangle and remove identifications, instead of piling on more. That is my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Nor am I.

Or, at last, no one I'm kin to is either ! :happydance:

5. Oneflewover

Oneflewover Patron with Honors

I'm a Me-ologist, without the ologist.

6. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Nor am I. And: I never was.

7. dianaclass8

dianaclass8 Silver Meritorious Patron

Geir,

I agree with you on this one, a few months ago, I announced here on ESMB that I was not a scientologist, neither a Freezoner or an Idie, because none represent what I am looking for, or who I am.

And I cannot compare my self with any of the members of those groups for we have different spiritual and moral values, I have seen how the people who were at the top, were not really looking for higher spiritual and ethical levels, I read the books of those ex execs and could see why was all a mess.

I left the Church fifteen years ago, when I had disagreements that were not resolved ethically as I did not agreed to be put down or lied to.

NO, also, I was NOT kicked out, neither was abused, I walked with the chin up and proud of myself.

I am not a scientologist, neither an independent, Indie, whatever you wanna call it, neither a freezoner...gasp no! the last disgust me the most!

As I said before; I love helping people, whether with using the Tech, Buddhism, Christianity or simply plane common sense from my greatgranmother...what I see it works.

8. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

Looks like Marty Rathbun has to write another open letter.

BTT: Good for you.

9. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Hi, Geir,

I know exactly what you mean. I went through something similar, as you probably recall.

I think many of us are trying to get away from labels and just ascertain what we want to do in life.

You seem to be doing well on your journey of self discovery.

10. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

:clap: This is great news to read. :clap:
    :hattip:

11. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Cool!

Church of Scientology Scientologists resigning from their church.

Even more cool is....

Scientologists resigning from Scientology.

What the hell is this mudball coming to?? LOL

This just came in from Target II:

12. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

The unraveling of the Scientology mindfuck is progressing NICELY!!!!! :thumbsup:

13. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Me neither.

It is GOOD for everyone who is not. :yes::happydance::coolwink:

14. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

:laugh:

But this kind of thing does give credence to what many exes have said:

"Indie" is quite often a steppingstone on the route totally out.

15. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I am neither a scientologist nor an ex-scientologist. :)

16. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

good to see you back Vinaire.

Not sure where i saw it, but didnt John McMasters say to Ron Hubbard he wasnt a Scientologist and Hubbard replied he preferred non scientologists anyway.

17. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

I have no label to call what I am or believe now, it's always subject to change. But I can attest without any doubts or reservation that I am not a Scientologist.

18. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I am not a scientologist and I am not not a scientologist
    I am not, a scientologist and not a scientologist
    I am not, neither a scientologist....and
    Fuk! I give up! TOTAL freedom is too demanding.

19. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Patron Meritorious

I find it interesting to define ones self by what you aren't.

Seems like an arduous process. Although I do understand Geirs sentiment.

20. apocalyptic

apocalyptic Patron with Honors

To the contrary DB. The mind is too demanding, not freedom (total or otherwise).

That is the fundamental understanding of Hubbard, et al, in certain awakened spiritual circles (be they black or white in nature and function).

We are reminded of Mr. Tolles interaction with a man that was asked when was he born? to which he replied: I was never born nor will I ever die, to which Mr. Tolle responded: That's true, but not when 'you' say it.

Thus is the lot of scientologists. Which your post (and our reflection) reminds us of you.

And ronny too.

Apocalyptic