ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Identifying people in old pictures

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Researchfag, Oct 1, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Okay, I'm probably a sick, sick bastard, but I got another laugh when I imagined that infamous photo of Lee Harvey Oswald proudly showing off his brand new Carcano rifle shooped in with this photo.

I know, I know...he wasn't an actor in Hollywood. But it's so ridiculous that it's hilarious.

Hey, he could've used some auditing too...ya know...

:lol:

2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Then to....already delusional and duped marks who have successfully completed their cult setups (NOI)

3. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Damn! Caught! :wink2:

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Amazing catch...you're right...the pants and belt buckle are exactly the same....(and head moved...)...and the rest.

5. HelluvaHoax!

LOLOL

I believe in the 1960s Dr. Hubbard tried putting Oswald in the photo to attract conspiracy buffs into Scientology--but the experiment failed.

There appear to other attempts to alter the photo for dissemination purposes. Here's another one from the late 60's for a failed pilot that tried to flood young pop music fans onto the Bridge. . .

[​IMG]

6. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

What's that hovering above Elron's head? Is it him? As in thetan?

Or is it a big ass BT cluster?

:lol:

7. HelluvaHoax!

LOLOLOLOL (I only wish it was one of the 2 you suggested)

1) Ron the thetan

2) A big ass BT cluster

3) majorly db shooping

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  8. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

Somebody spent a fair amount of time trying to make it not noticed, the brick part covered by the stolen head is replaced, clothes lightened and darkened etcetera. It makes me curious if it was all done the old fashioned way 60 years ago in a dark room. All done apparently just to get rid of one man with a crutch out of a photo of 36 people. It would be nice to know who he was and what his descendants think of him trying to be erased from early Scientology history.

Did you notice all the body and arm positions are the same, just reversed?

9. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Nope. It was taken at the Phoenix office of the association at 616 N 3rd Street. The building was razed years ago & replaced by a new office building.

10. Leland

Leland Crusader

Didn't notice...you're right...just reversed, tricky!

11. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This photo and later the shoop were posted about over on whyweprotest back in 2011./. More names and info identified

Picture of the Early Phoenix HASI
    Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by OhSah, May 27, 2011.

[​IMG]

ediancyo
    [​IMG]

"/r/ epic walking guy shoop"

"OK."
    [​IMG]

laffibli posted:

12. AnonyMary

Wonder if this is in regards to Harry T. McCann, Brunswick, Ohio, involved with Scn and the HASI in Phoenix and later Phili for at least 1952-1953 per these referenced

1953 THE JOURNAL of SCIENTOLOGY Published by the Hubbard Association of Scientologists, lnc., Phila., Pa. Issue l3-G
    http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientol...Journal/Journal of Scientology Issue 13-G.pdf

1952 Published by the Hubbard Association of Scientoloqisis, Inc, Phoenix, Arizona Issue S-G
    See his name on the List of Donors receiving GOLD status
    http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientol... Journal/Journal of Scientology Issue 3-G.pdf

13. Little David

Thank you for a likely name for the deleted man. The first posting of the photo with him in it on wwp and OCMB, and noticing he had been removed from the commonly used version of the photo were made by me about 2 years ago. So far you have potentially made the biggest contribution to solving this mystery. Someone who knew or is related to Harry T. McCann may be able to help us further. He may have left Scientology when he realized LRH and Scientology weren't helping his "ankylosed spine" and he might have been carefully removed from the photo at that time. The original version of the photo with him in it may have accidentally leaked out or have been used before that.

14. AnonyMary

Hi, I a, PMing you some genealogy documents on a person I believe to be this Harry T McCann.

15. Little David

This sounds like what Harry T. McCann was suffering from and was desperately seeking a cure for:

He died 12 years after the photo was taken at age 49, never married, no children. Thank you AnonyMary for finding this information.

As most people know, LRH was a lying, cheating, con artist who only cared about himself, he was most likely involved in trying to erase some proof of that from this photo:

[​IMG]

16. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

FIn the TOP pic, I think these are:.... from L to R.... Ken barrett, unknown, Evans Farber, Fernando Estrada(?), Dick Steves, John Sanborn (?), dunno, Julia Lewis ( Salmen) , LRH.
    I wouldn't swear in Court as to these IDs, but I think they are correct. Even the ones I'm not quite sure of, like Estrada.

17. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

Here's one I found of the HASI Phoenix (from Ability #2-major-1955).

[​IMG]