ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Filing

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by CommunicatorIC, Aug 27, 2015.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Fili

Did I read on another thread that Milestone Two had dropped their status as company Ltd ?

If so, there may have been an unforseen consequence of dropping elligibility for charitable status ...

Interesting times.

:drama:

Edit: Thanks for that additional info :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. CommunicatorIC

4. CommunicatorIC

5. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two More Than Six Months Late With Charity Fili

Thanks for the link
    I have donated!

6. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Definitely post of the week!

:thumbsup:

(By orders of magnitude.)

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Cool!

What do I get if I donate to Milestone Two?

The COS is currently offering me a deal that includes supernatural powers, immortality, elite status, eternity and large trophies.

I want to "shop and compare" in order to get the best deal.

8. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Hi Comm I/C, did you not realize when you posted the above thread post 2 weeks ago that it meant MS2 voluntarily sent in the application to voluntarily de-register the company? That this was not a disciplinary action?

I appears you misunderstood here:
    The doc you posted shows
    6/08/2015 029279904 Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)

Last 3 Documents Lodged
    [TABLE="class: af_column_column-header-table, width: 709"]
    [TR]
    [TH="bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"][/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Date[/TH]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Document No.[/TH]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Document type[/TH]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Pages[/TH]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Uncertified[/TH]
    [TH="class: af_column_column-header-cell, bgcolor: #DAECF6, align: left"]Certified[​IMG][/TH]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: af_table_data-table af_table_data-table-VH-lines, width: 709"]
    [TR="class: af_table_data-row"]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]6/08/2015[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]029279904[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left"]Application For Voluntary Deregistration of a Company (6010)[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Not Available[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][TABLE="class: af_panelGroupLayout"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][TABLE="class: af_panelGroupLayout"]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: p_AFFocused af_table_data-row, bgcolor: #555555"]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]16/12/2014[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]028934771[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left"]Constitution of Company (218)[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]7[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][TABLE="class: af_panelGroupLayout"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]$19.00[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Select uncertified document[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_banded-data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][TABLE="class: af_panelGroupLayout"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]$38.00[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Select certified document[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: af_table_data-row"]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]16/12/2014[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]028934770[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left"]Notification of Resolution Altering The Constitution (205J)[/TD]
    [TD="class: af_column_data-cell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]3[/TD]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]$19.00[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Select uncertified document[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]$38.00[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Select certified document[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...logy-Milestone-Two-Being-Deregistered-by-ASIC

Nonprofit company paperwork is often time consuming to run and keep up with the paperwork required. It can also be costly to have required forms professionally prepared annually. Sometimes this makes it not worth having such an entity. Obviously the board or whoever in charge didn't keep up with all this in a timely fashion and they decided as a board to call it a day by sending in the required form to de-register. Maybe it wasn't making money but I don't think that was their goal and purpose. It's a membership or association type group. Unfortunately, the issue is common... The IRS removes tax exempt status' every day to hundreds of groups like this because they failed to file the annual 990 postcard or 990 form 3 years n a row.

I don't like this group one bit but it was a responsible move on their part to apply voluntarily.

9. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

It's not about what your 3rd dynamic can give to you Hoax,
    It's about, what you can give to your 3rd dynamic.

You give and you win! :confused2:

10. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

In fairness, 'is being deregistered by (ASIC)' doesnt specify the reason why, but thanks for the clarification AnonMary.

And do you know whether this affects the charitable status of Milestone Two at all? I think that is the heart of the issue.

11. prosecco

prosecco Patron Meritorious

I don't think that Communicator I/C's posts contradict each other at all. Looks like Milestone 2 fell behind in their accounts, then filed for the company to be wound up. However until the company is dissolved, they are still legally liable to file accounts, which is interesting as Tom Martiniano, one of the directors is a die hard KSW, and knows his, 'admin tech,' right?:eyeroll:

12. CommunicatorIC

Yes, I did realize that MS2 sent in the application to voluntarily de-register the company. I never said that it was a disciplinary action. I not only quoted in that OP the same thing you quote, in that OP I made a point of putting the language in red bold. The headline of that thread, "Independent Scientology Milestone Two Being Deregistered by ASIC," was, and is, accurate.

13. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  14. AnonyMary

I think it's important to explain the different registries involved here and the steps each takes in this matter . It's good to have all the facts on this group and it's legal filings but this an in progress matter which will be finalized and noted on the records in due time.

[​IMG]

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...=1310211897379164&_adf.ctrl-state=9t319p0hk_4

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/HLP/references/glossary-of-terms/index.htm

Milestone Two is registered with both.

Charity ABN 35163661238 ( same as ABN without breaks, as initial registration came through

an ACN is noted online as a Charity ABN on the ACNC Register

So, what we do have is information that things are in progress and that MS2 voluntarily filed to deregistered with the ASIC - the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, who oversee business and other related registrations. And that the strike off is in progress. The Charities registry does not seem to be notified yet by either agency but they remain non-profit until deregistered completely. Once they stricken from the business records as deregistered, the charity will be delisted or noted as no longer a charity.

There are 3 registration numbers representing 3 different business related agencies in Australia

ACNC
    The Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission The ACNC Register contains information about the more than 54 000 charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Other not-for-profits will not appear on the Register.

ASIC
    ABR
    Acronyms explained
    Difference Between ABN and ACN
    So what we are seeing between the MS2's pages with each agency is a coordinated and in progress deregistering of MS2 from both agencies.

Yes, they failed to file an annual filing, but they initiated shutting the whole thing down before it gets revoked.But, keep in mind that Narconon in Australia had 4 of 5 different registered companies REVOKED recently for not filing. The only one still active is hiding under the name Get Off Drugs Naturally, their dying Narconon operation in Warburton East

Narconon Anzo Inc

Narconon Victoria Drug Education Services

Narconon Sydney Inc

Narconon Perth Inc

More information can be found here
    [​IMG]

Current details for ABN 35 163 661 238
    http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238

Historical details for ABN 35 163 661 238
    http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?SearchText=35+163+661+238

15. CommunicatorIC

Thank you. Cross-posted to the WWP thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/in...n-six-months-late-with-charity-filing.130091/

16. CommunicatorIC

So in other words, Milestone Two is in violation of the law, but they aren't as bad as Narconon.

Score one for the Indies.

17. AnonyMary

Yes, but the governments give time to correct it and Milestone Two filed within that period, at least for the charity documents noted as behind. There may be a few others things because of all the required paperwork to different agencies ( which most people will fail to do or remember unless conscience to keep up with these things or have an accountant do it for you. But overall, it looks like MST took the wise course and said 'enough of all this paperwork!' and applied to get out. They may have to file some more, maybe pay a late fee for past stuff but it will all be over and they will have done it cleanly. IMHO.

Narconon obviously disregards the law intentionally. Hence, 4 revocations within 2 years!