ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Ingo Swann

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Leon, Jun 9, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

How is your weight?

:D

2. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

For Chrissakes it's not the world out there that ghettoised Scientology - that's not what Swann is suggesting at all. It is Scientology ITSELF that ghettoised ITSELF. As did so many other groups and cults.

If you were to actually read and duplicate Ingo's thread and argument you'd get that.

I know damn well that a Clear has never been produced yet, other than by very selectively edited definitions, Jesus man I'm one of them. You think I don't know it?

I encouraged othwers to study Ingo Swann's writings because he puts a completely different slant onto the whole "OT" business, and it's a very sane approach he has to it too. The potential of attaining a state such as Clear or OT is very real, even though no one yet appears to have attained it fully. Anyone interested in progress in that direction is well advised to make a thorough study of Ingo's writings.

And it's not MY slant on it. It simply is what it is.

3. Escalus

Escalus Patron Meritorious

Well then there's your problem partner, your opening post either suggests otherwise or you left it ambiguous.

Read it again:
    A full part of the resulting problems is that both psychical research and parapsychology [including Scientology] evolved as rejected sciences, with the result that they were ghettoized within the much larger scenarios of the other developing sciences. Any collective that is ghettoized usually introverts into its own ways and means, into its own concepts and understanding -- and this usually reinforces and solidifies the contours of the ghettoization rather than ameliorating them.

This has the distinctive markings of an entity that had things done TO it. And any definition of each word in this paragraph would get that result.

You owe an apology here by saying people need to understand the language better in order to "get it". Quite obviously you yourself either use English as a second language or you just have no idea what you've said from one minute to the next.

Which is it, cupcake?

4. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Now here is a phenomenon that started today and it is still going on and I cannot make any head or tail out of it. It is bizarre. See if you can figure it out Escy.

Today I am being reminded again and again that it is my birthday, and people seem to be coming out of the woodwork to wish me a happy birthday. This has never happened before.

I usually forget my birthday. I have never celebrated my birthday. Yesterday I get a call from this friend of mine asking me. "Do you know what is tomorrow?" I said, "Tomorrow is Thursday, and let me see... I have a math tuition in the evening..." My friend started to chuckle and suddenly the thought of my birthday went through my mind. I asked, "You are not trying to remind me about my birthday are you?" And he laughed.

This morning I am driving to my work and my cellphone rings. It is a call from my sister in New Delhi, India, to wish me happy birthday. Even her husband (a recluse lately) comes on line and wishes me happy birthday. Fifteen minutes later I get another call on my cellphone. This time it is my brother calling from India to wish me happy birthday. His wife also comes on line to wish me happy birthday. OK, this is my family. They are calling me, maybe in appreciation of Idenics sessions that I have been giving to my sister. But then my brother and sister are not on talking terms...

Then I arrive at work. I usually come half hour early and check my emails. There are emails wishing me happy birthday from many in my extended family. OK, maybe there is some conspiracy going on in my family. But then later during lunch I find emails from people I haven't communicated with for over a year. One was somebody we met in March 2007 during our trip to Turkey. We had exchange a few emails soon after but that was that. Then there was another email from somebody I had corresponded more than couple of a years ago about math. I have never met him. He is an uncle of somebody I was tutoring in math couple of years ago. He tells me that he is leaving the teaching profession to go back to school to do Ph.D. in mathematics. And then he wishes me happy birthday. I don't know how he found out about my birthday. It may have to do with some Internet service that tags others for you and reminds them of your birthday.

Then just before I was leaving work, another student, who last I tutored over 6 months ago, calls me and wishes me happy birthday. Then, just a little while ago, while I was driving home from work, my friend's wife calls me (she never calls) to invite me for dinner in celebration of my birthday.

Maybe there is some Internet service that has been tagging others on my behalf and reminding them of my birthday. There is nothing paranormal here, but even when reminded people don't have to call me to wish me happy birthday... but, this year, there is an unusual number of them doing so (there are others who I have not included in this lengthy post). Of course, I am flaterred, but it confuses me no end.

Now, if each and everyone of you start wishing me a happy birthday too, I don't know what may happen to me... I may just combust or explode...

Anyway, I am going out for dinner to which I am invited by my brother-in-law to celebrate my birthday. I am just shaking my head for all this attention that has never come my way in this magnitude before.

Weird! Only thing that seems to explain it somewhat is Idenics. I am a different person this birthday. Now that's a miracle.

5. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

Gee, do you think you are now able to accept people wishing you Happy Birthday, whereas before you couldn't?

Happy Birthday, Vinnie!!! Many Happy Returns!

:happydance: :happydance: :party: :wave: :cheerleader:
    :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :winner: :old: :congratulations:

6. Leon

It is from within that you perceive yourself as being rejected. It is what you do to yourself, not what others do to you.

That's just common sense 101.

No apology needed.

7. Escalus

Escalus Patron Meritorious

I am 100% behind the idea that you really deserve a hugely happy birthday! Why not?

We disagree on a lot of stuff but that's just stuff. The important part is we're free of something that had it's claws in us that we didn't deserve.

Have a blast! I recommend shiraz with duck,

8. paradox

paradox ab intra silentio vera

From another thread:

O-h-h, the irony.

Me, too, just kidding. :p

And, lest we forget - Happy Bday!

9. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Thank you all. We just came back from BONE FISH. Great food and dessert that my wife let me eat for a change.

I am happy!

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Happy Birthday, Vinaire.

Your existence in this universe has given me many, many hours of joy.

Thank you.

11. Leon

Hope it was a good one, Vinaire ! ! ! ! !

:happydance: :yes: :hattip:

12. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

I was going to wish you Happy Birthday yesterday, but I didn't want you to spontaneously combust... So, Happy Belated Birthday! :happydance:

13. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

I just read "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart. She covers research that has been ongoing for 30+ years by scientiststs. Our effect on reality is being researched using the "Scientific method".

I would say that the Swan quote is vague as to who ghettoized these fringe groups. It doesn't say either way really, although if ghettoized is a synonym for isolated then it is the mainstream that is most likely the source-point. It does say that they react to being isolated and not recognized by the mainstream. This goes on with all bleeding edge science (and has for centuries) - even science being done by the very best minds using rigorous methods with reproducible results. The difference I suppose is that many of these scientists do not react to make themselves even more isolated - they just keep pushing the envelope. I would say most new scientific theories which contradict current theory are marginalized until they have mustered enough proof of their correctness.

Hubbard certainly reacted to isolate Scientology - making it a religion with confidential technology.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  14. Leon

Hubbard certainly couldn't take criticism from anyone, hence his laager mentality of "they're all suppresives" and shuttng himself off from intercourse with the big wide world. He ghettoised himself this way.

15. Veda

Veda Sponsor

L. Ron Hubbard's August 1938 "Mission Statement" described his "real goal" (secretive goal) of attaining power over others, of attaining "immortality" through fame, of "smashing" his "name into history." "I can make Napoleon look like a punk," wrote Hubbard, when describing his hopes for his just written 'Excalibur', the supposedly profound philosophical work (and precursor of Dianetics and Scientology.)

Hubbard's late-1930s to 1946 'Affirmations' expressed his confidence in his hypnotic power over others, his right to be "merciless," to deceive, to make men his "slaves," and to do so with trickery so that others would "not know why."

Scientology was incorporated as a "Church" in 1954, with Hubbard having written to Helen O'Brien about his "religion angle" in 1953 and, pre-1950, having spoken (by numerous accounts) of getting rich by starting a religion.

And then came 1955...

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=56196&postcount=793

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=100417&postcount=47

16. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Galileo was "ghettoized" by the Catholic Church....they just got around to apologizing about that recently.

Took what...400 years?

17. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Patron with Honors

You're not wearing a shirt :yes:

18. Neo

Neo Silver Meritorious Patron

So he only had intercourse with himself? So that was his problem.
    :p