ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Jenna Elfman and Bodhi Elfman were interviewed on Adam Carolla’s podcast.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Reasonable, Jun 3, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

Jenna Elfman and Bodhi Elfman were interviewed on Adam Carolla’s podcast.

http://adamcarolla.com/jenna-and-bodhi-elfman/

She said, and I paraphrase: “I was going to let Bodhi have an extra marital affair because he was feeling too domesticated.” When Adam Carolla asked how the “Church of $” would view that?

She said that “They don’t care what you do, ethics are a personal thing.”

It turns out that Bodhi was raised by a single lesbian mother but somehow he gets to stay in contact with her (because he is a celebrity). He acted as if Scientologists don’t have a problem with people’s sexuality.

My question is “Do they know that they are lying? Or is that celebrity protective covering so thick that they think what they are saying is true?

2. Northern Shewolf

Northern Shewolf Patron Meritorious

Comes easy to self-described actors to pretend (can also be called lying, depending on what one chooses to call it, convenient non? ) to say anything however foolish, unsavory or plain old crass and get away with it...maybe even applauded:omg:.
    Elfman is an uber-appropriate moniker for these two empty-headed 'almost famous', 'almost has-been' (one can hope) Hollywood human products. Imaginary small impotent creatures of long ago superstitious tales, flittingly endured for a few TV seasons, such is Jenna...as to Bohdi....well words truly fail me as there is NOTHING to say.
    Really!
    Shewolf:yes:

3. WhatWall

WhatWall Silver Meritorious Patron

My parents tried to warn me about actors but I was young and knew better than they did. Then I worked around actors for awhile and found many of them to be self-absorbed, fairly irrational and very unhappy. Those are the ones addicted to attention. Any member of that class (attention addicts) is the last person I would ever consult about politics, religion or philosophy.

I've also met some level-headed actors but they don't seek the limelight and, for the most part, keep their opinions to themselves. It's just a job to them.

Can you guess which class Jenna Elfman belongs to?

ETA: The fact that some actors are narcissistic assholes doesn't necessarily detract from their talent.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. tmangrove

tmangrove Patron

Is Jenna Elfman relevant in any way anymore, other than being a Scientology shill?

5. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

ANSWER: Of course they know they are lying. However, in Scientology the practice of lying is so prevalent, recurrent & commonplace that one can do it without really thinking about it. It's like the muscle memory of a pianist's hands as they simultaneously sing--the hands can perform on an auto-pilot level not requiring much thought.

BONUS ANSWER: Now add to the above that the Scientologist doesn't assign the value "lying" to the practice of saying what is the "Greatest Good". If instead of saving the planet, they were a humanitarian doctor touring Africa to try to bring a life-saving vaccine for the #1 killer there, pneumonia, which claims over 800,000 lives annually. The inexpensive (5 dollar) vaccine would save lives, but some of the primitive tribes refuse the vaccine due to superstitions and other unfounded but deep-seated beliefs. The doctor might well adopt the use of lies to convince the otherwise-terminal patients that they should take the vaccine. For example, he might make up a story about how the tree god they worship has told him that the patient's dead ancestors have spoken to him--and they want th patient to take the "good medicine". The doctor wouldn't lose sleep over lying, when the alternative would be nearly a million deaths. The Scientologist likewise believes they are (literally) saving the "primitive" wog's lives--so what difference does it make what MEST words they use to do it.

SUPER BONUS ANSWER: Add to this mix that the Scientologist is a celebrity ACTOR! Now we have a perfect storm of "Mental Muscle Memory Lying" and "Greatest Good Lying" and "Acting Lying". The creativity an actor uses to perform and earn money is nothing more than a highly developed ability to convincingly lie, is it not?

For these reasons, a Scientology celebrity actor is perhaps one of the most crazy-glued in Scientologists, which is why it is so ferociously difficult for them to blow. Their careers, acting, creativity, lying and saving the world are all crazily mixed together with the wildly bloated egos of an "OT Savior" and "Movie Star" and "Hero/Heroine Roleplaying" that brought them so much money, success and fame.

It's a profound mess and these people are severely screwed up to the point where they are lying on a nearly non-stop basis with fluidity, ease and aplomb. Oh yeah, Ron calls it "insouciance".

CONCLUSION: So, the question "Do they know they are lying?" is better framed in this way. "Do they care they are lying?" The answer to that is simply "NO". Because Scientologists don't care about lying--they celebrate their lying by labeling it "wins".

7. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

$cientology, the pyramid scheme schematic chart:
    Elcon lied and Dwarffenfuhrer lies to the wog public and $cientologists
    The sea ogres and OSA lie to the wog public and $cientologists
    Staff lies to the wog public and public $cientologists
    The public $cientologists lie to the wog public
    Conclusive evidence:
    $cientologists are lying liars that lie to themselves and anyone else within earshot​

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

^^^^^ Very true! :thumbsup:

For any Scientologist, when making a public statement about Scientology, they must be very careful.

If lying is the "greatest good", than the failure to lie can easily be considered to be a Crime or High Crime, according to Scientology Ethics.

For any never-in's that may be reading this post, when the Church of Scientology refers to the "greatest good", what they really mean is "the greatest good for the Church of Scientology".

For any action that you might take, even if it is highly destructive to yourself as an individual, your family, and society in general, Scientology would consider it the greatest good, as long as it is very good for the Church of Scientology.

When it comes to pronouncements about Scientology they must never make the Scientology and the Church of Scientology look bad. If you create a PR flap for the Church of Scientology by making such a statement, even if it is 100% accurate, the Scientology Ethics Officer would consider that a criminal act on your part. And continuing to tell the truth after the Ethics Officer speaks to you can get you tossed out of the "Church", and disconnected from your own family and friends (if they are also members of the organization).

The above IS the truth, and if you want to get a deeper understanding of how people can be made to act in this way than you should read the 14-part series written by Jefferson Hawkins on the system of "Scientology Ethics" over here:
    http://tonyortega.org/jefferson-hawkins-getting-our-ethics-in/

An expanded version of these writings can be purchased on Amazon over here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Closing-Mind...son hawkins&qid=1465007359&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The system of "Scientology Ethics", if tweaked just a bit, can be used to create terrorists out of formerly sane and peaceful individuals.

9. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

They're just demonstrating the fact that celebrities get special treatment and have their heads stuck in the sand.

It's a caste system, extreme favoritism, extreme inequality.

10. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes a Satanistic Cult

11. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Lying liars that lie. That says it all so succinctly and just rolls right off the tongue too! :clap: