What's new

Jim Little - Ex-Cult Member St. Louis

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Hello,

My name is Jim Little, and I was a member of the Cult of Scientology for 22 years. It started back in 1989 while I was living in San Jose, CA and I bought the book Dianetics. Mostly a public member with a few attempts to be on staff over the last 22 years, but never more than a few months each time.

I am actually from Missouri so shortly after I got involved I moved back to St. Louis, MO and having been living in Missouri since then. Recently my wife, step-daughter, and myself all got our "SP Declare". All on one paper "goldenrod". Of course it's about 98% lies, 1% half-truths, & 1% truth.

Just wanted to let you know that I am here and let OSA I am here as well. Will have more to say in the next few weeks. We are getting our information together and going to make some videos to address the "SP Declare" and our experiences with the cult.

Since we three got declared my mother-in-law has told the cult to go *%$#*@ themselves along with my wifes oldest son who told them to refund his money on account. Now her middle child has decided to remain in the cult because his job, car, girlfriend, and living space is all tied to the cult. When it all comes down to it he is just thinking with the head between his legs. Out of one side of his month he says I believe what you all are saying and I don't think you are suppressive but my penis... I mean my personal integrity tells me its the greatest good to stay over here with the cult. I am sure he said church.

Anyway, there will be more to come.

Jim Little
Ex-Cult Member
St. Louis, Missouri

Last edited:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Jim - VERY glad to have you here! Nice compact, to-the-point summary of your experience, but of course you should know that people will be MOST jealous that you actually received a goldenrod! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences, and your successes since getting out! We'd also love to hear from your wife, if she is so inclined!
:happydance:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey Jim -

I'm Allen Stanfield.

We probably missed each other. I was the ED of the Peoria Mission from 1985 to 1990, when I moved to LA to "Move on Up a Little Higher" on the Bridge.

Welcome to ESMB. I'm looking forward to you getting your story out to others so that they do not make the same mistakes we made. :thumbsup:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Jim!!

Glad to have another midwesterner on the board. I also was public mostly; got in in 1989 . . . and then out gradually, the final straw being the new Basics release.

Was never at St. Louis but had long phone conversations with people from there and kind of know a couple of their staff members.

I'm looking forward to reading your story!

-TL

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Yes, we have a pretty good Flip camcorder we are using. Going to make them in to 10 to 15 mins videos. The first one to address the Declare that was written. Its as slanderous as can be and would be a waste of time and money to fight.

Going to make a video and address it line by line then make a video of my experience with the cult over the last 22 years. Just the highlights. Nothing like being in the Sea Org but just the stupidity and justifications I did over the years to think I was apart of something good then realizing its all a bunch of horse#*%&.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Welcome, Jim.

I look forward to seeing the videos, but don't worry too much about responding to the goldenrod. You're in the real world now, and everybody here knows that CofS spews nothing but lies and expediencies. Also, to get declared persona non grata by a group as twisted as Scientology... can only commend you the majority of humanity.

Oh - keep the videos to the 10-minute mark if you wanted to use YouTube.

Sorry to hear that you left somebody behind, but I image the middle son will be out, presently. Most people wake up and get out sooner or later, regardless of finances.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Thye'd

"The first one to address the Declare that was written.."

Most people that are out flat know that a "Declare" is bogus. So do most people still in. Yeah, they'll disconnect even when they know better.

You got a copy of your declare and most people these days are "secretly" declared. You know, that posting board outside the EO would be " out PR " if it were three feet deep in declares. They'd need a goldenrod room to show 'em all.

Anyway most of us suspect there are more declared than there are actual "active members" today. Ain't THAT a stat !

You having a copy is somewhat rare - and a multiple declare to boot?

Family Heirloom ; Frame it !!!!!!!!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yes, we have a pretty good Flip camcorder we are using. Going to make them in to 10 to 15 mins videos. The first one to address the Declare that was written. Its as slanderous as can be and would be a waste of time and money to fight.

Going to make a video and address it line by line then make a video of my experience with the cult over the last 22 years. Just the highlights. Nothing like being in the Sea Org but just the stupidity and justifications I did over the years to think I was apart of something good then realizing its all a bunch of horse#*%&.

To get your videos onto youtube, be sure they are no longer than 10 minutes.

Also, remember, many SP Declares ARE slanderous and libelous - especially if they took this false information and ruined a business relationship and you can show loss of income, disconnection or any other kind of damage they routinely try on people.

You have rights as a wog citizen which will not allow them to fair game you in any way.

Do not let them intimidate you.

PM me with any questions you may have. Maybe we can team up and get some kind of MidWestern SP Parishioners League goin'!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You having a copy is somewhat rare - and a multiple declare to boot?

Family Heirloom ; Frame it !!!!!!!!

Indeed: this goes without saying!

Here's one that might be suitable:

Gold%201.jpg

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
The St. Louis Org executives are mostly made up of second generation kids in their mid 20's. Guess if you can't actually expand your Org with real products and services you can always breed it bigger.

I remember the day we went in and handed them our resignation letter and I asked the HES if he knew who Pat Broeker was and he answered so proudly, "NO! Who is that?" Thats when I knew my conversation with him was pointless.

He, or I should say they, get all their information from the good and honest OSA, Freedom Mag, and other reliable materials. Never from their own research. Keeps reminding me of the scene from Forest Gump where he says, "Whatever you tell me to do Drill Sergeant!"

Anyway, the point is that they were not smart enough or corrupt enough yet to realize it would cause more harm to them to actually give us a copy of the declare.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The St. Louis Org executives are mostly made up of second generation kids in their mid 20's. Guess if you can't actually expand your Org with real products and services you can always breed it bigger.

I remember the day we went in and handed them our resignation letter and I asked the HES if he knew who Pat Broeker was and he answered so proudly, "NO! Who is that?" Thats when I knew my conversation with him was pointless.

He, or I should say they, get all their information from the good and honest OSA, Freedom Mag, and other reliable materials. Never from their own research. Keeps reminding me of the scene from Forest Gump where he says, "Whatever you tell me to do Drill Sergeant!"

Anyway, the point is that they were not smart enough or corrupt enough yet to realize it would cause more harm to them to actually give us a copy of the declare.

Is Barry Cozaihr and Robin Hanses still there?

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Yes, our disconnected son/stepson is dating Barry's daughter, and poor Robin Hanses who I have always liked and still do, is having one hell of a time reggin people for services.

After the IAS donations & Ideal Org donations then they get to Robin and she has to find those last few dollars on their credit card for their next service.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
20 year olds? Lordy, I had an EO that had her purif and an instant hat.

I was auditing before she was born and she with a straight face sais she was " going to handle my ethics".

All I could think was thank gawd I don't have to pay for this because I am about to pull the wool over this childs eyes. And I did.

And it was my last ethics interview ever...

Over the years I did manage to get flat on sentences directed at me that started with " If you are really OT you can make it go right.." And then of course some outrageous request followed.