What's new

Judge to Garcias: Scientology can lie and cheat and there’s nothing I can do about it

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So...

Back over the gun'l's to me own tub and banner...

HH!

Your colors are adrift and...

"Tag! You're 'it'"...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So HH, a central and perhaps primary objection is simply stated as Hubbard was "a certifiably psychopathic liar".

I'll probably be reviewing earlier statements if you'll return to your colors left undisturbed in your absence but open with a different tack...

It is contended the pathological liar does not produce, as Hubbard did, many reams of substantial truth

Exempli Gratia...

Not a perfect quote but in DMSMH Hubbard asserts "The analytical mind thinks in differences and similarities to resolve questions pertaining to survival"

When I first read that (in my room in an apartment on Cole Street just off Haight in 1971) I flashed on a moment about a year earlier back in Cambridge as I was about to burst out for Montana and then the Coast. I was collecting fifty bucks a week unemployment off my Army time paid every two weeks and as my SSN ended in zero my appointment at the office in Central Square was the Monday morning slot. I missed it just as I was prepared to hop Shank's Mare west on Wednesday but figured I could pick it up Tuesday morning. I came in at eleven and only a couple stragglers of the Tuesday AM slot were about and I walked straight up to an open window and handed over my card to the young bur already shriveling beaurocratess whose correct manner was slightly belied by an increased shine in her eyes as she scorned my request for showing up a day late. I pressed her and she said it was not only against the rules but the computer wouldn't print the checks even if she tried. I still pressed and she referred me to her supervisor over in an area set off by a low wooden barrier topped by frosted glass panes. As I walked over to it I flashed on a story I read in Argosy magazine when I was about twelve...

It told the story of a some good old boy who cased a bank in some hick town down south. He found it's blueprints in the public library and figured it's vault to be vulnerable from below. He managed to rent the house beside the bank and calculated his tunnel. Of course he needed tools to work with and was short of bread. He went into the bank and figured some ruse to get the initials of one of the officers. The next day he came in with a check for $1500. He took it to a teller who told him he needed to get it approved by an officer, went over to the officer's desk and said something or other, switched the first phony check with it's twin marked "OK" with forged initials and the teller handed him his working capital...

The supervisor told me that it was against the rules and even if they tried the computer wouldn't print out the checks.

I walked back to the window and said "She said it's 'OK'."

I was on the road the next day.

So I read DMSMH and it explains differences and similarities and cool I got that, I can see that and it isn't a great challenge to see how "reactive" thought; thinking in identities, A=A=A is inferior...

And the "File Clerk"...

Cooooooool...

The file clerk did a wonderful thing in Cambridge and then again on Cole Street just as fine with helping me get this book.

In fact now, years later here was Elron back in 1950 comparing the mind to a computer and comes up with the concept of "the file clerk" which corresponds to the search engine whose development some decades later makes the internet possible.

This properly should render to Hubbard a respect the equal of that so widely accorded to Arthur C Clarke for envisioning communications satellites in the thirties

And producing and delivering this level of truth marks Hubbard as different from "a certifiably psychopathic liar"

Besides...

No less significant figure than Sir Winston Churchill, O.B.E., K.G. observes "In wartime truth is so precious it must be attended by a bodyguard of lies"

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The simple story of dianetics thread effectively deflects the charge of "LIAR!" in the entry I reposted

This post speaks of a small amount of the profound volumes of truth in the many practical works of genius produced by the ugly old grouch