ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Just another crazy sad conversation with a "locked in" Scientologst

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Reasonable, Sep 7, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

Today I had a discussion with a long time gung ho Scientologist and he actually believes that Marty and Debbie Cook and all those people had been in Scientology for their whole lives in order to bring it down from the inside because they have been implanted over trillions of years.

They are doing this to stop Hubbard from saving this sector of the galaxy. ALL BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN IMPLANTED BY THE INTERGALLACTIC PSYCHES.
    This is actually what this guy thinks.

And when you or I have something bad happen to us it is because we pulled it in but The Church doesn’t pull things in because they are ethical and they only get flap because of all the good they are doing and it strikes up the psyches to go crazy.

For real he really said this in ENGLISH in actual words.

Even when I was in I was not that crazy. I saw inconsistencies

But then I realized that his entire family, friends and co-workers are all (public, staff or sea org) in and if he thought any differently he would literally lose everything. And then it was just sad. He can’t afford the luxury of free thought. And that , not believing in Xenu but that type of thought control with real world consequences is what makes Scientology ( and other shunning based organizations) so dangerous.

I know this is preaching to the choir but you never know, maybe a new person is reading this. When you go in alone it is not a big risk but over time when that group becomes your support structure you are finished, they own you.

2. Peter Soderqvist

Peter Soderqvist Patron with Honors

If this gung ho is not insane, who is?

3. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

And that's why they call it a cult.

TG1

4. He might be right but it's DM & TC who were implanted and sent in to destroy Scientology. I know as I'm the one who did it.

:biggrin:

5. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

6. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

Thank you for doing that. :clap:

7. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

You all used to be like this . . . How were you awakened to the real truth? Keep trying. Lots of 'SPs' never gave up on you.

But I KNOW how frustrating this is. I used to run into it all the time. Now there all these exes ! :happydance:

8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

That is actually what Marty thinks about COB. Seriously. It's on one of those "fishing" video-briefing-chats he did with Mike Rinder.

Rathbun "cogged" that COB is dramatizing a certain implant, can't remember which one. I know it wasn't the "GORILLA GOAL IMPLANTS" or I would have remembered. LOL.

Even Rinder was embarrassed enough to quickly say "whatever..." in response.

And he is the leader of the Indies.

But in another moment (on radio) he claims the Xenu incident is not literally true, it is just an allegory.

So, with a Scientologist, it is next to impossible to know which are the delusions and which are the lies.

9. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

This is how and why the IAS, Super Power, et al can reg these people for bazillions of dollars. :duh:

10. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Well, didn't Tom Cruise go on national tv and across the worldwide internet when he berated the tv host Matt Lauer with:

YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY
    OF PSYCHIATRY! I DO!

Old Tom was not just talking about the 20th century "psychs", he had been fully briefed on and studied the "history of psychiatry" which was taught to him by the historian L. Ron Hubbard.

What he said and did on that show was bizarre enough to be creepy-scarey. There was not apparent explanation for why he suddenly went all militant and ugly. And the show's viewership concluded that he was demented.

The audience did not even know the part about Cruise's total certainty that psychs have, for trillions of years, been attacking theta beings like himself and Dave and Ron.

By the way, this is why Scientologists refuse to answer pointed questions about their beliefs. They know they will sound totally insane to the public, so they simply lie about it.

Apparently Scientologists believe that a LIAR is more upstat than a DELUSIONAL person. :hysterical:

11. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

.. Uhm.. Yes.. And actually it's worse than that.. The guy, believing in the Hubturdian Reactive Mind, is quite prepared to accept that he himself might be implanted a million years ago to destroy Scientology and besmirch Hubbard's name..

Only takes a 'Session' in which such an astounding discovery is made and the aditor gets a 'read'.

That's confront!

:yes:

12. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Sounds like you were talking to my dad. No lie. He would say some shit like that.

Sometimes I would just look at him and say, "Seriously?" And walk away from the conversation.

Scientologists live in such a weird world. Their whole world revolves around space opera.

People said the moon landing was impossible because aliens put a screen around the planet, and that screen is the Van Allen Belts so it is impossible to cross them.

He failed to even attempt to reconcile that belief with the idea that humans go to Mars to be implanted in the between lives area.

It's a fucked up world to live in, I can assure you. People used to talk about building starships and planets and solar systems, but they dropped a pen on the floor and needed help picking it up because their back was sore.

How you can live your life like that I have no idea.

13. pollywog

pollywog Patron with Honors

Jeebuz, y'all. I am sorry, but that is just whackadoodle f'd up. Do we really not all live on the same planet? The reason scios don't associate with "wogs" is that wogs would (do?) think they're batshit crazy.

14. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

I hasten to admit I lived a life like that for 22 years. :screwy:

15. Reasonable

Do you talk with him or did he disconnect?

16. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

how can they live their lives like that?

Wellll...doesn't seem odd to me.

There are:

People who believe Jesus came back from the dead

People who believe in predestination

People who believe they are rulers (Prince Charles) by divine right

People who believe evolution isn't true

People who believe the moon landing was faked

People who are holocaust revisioners

and closer to home we have people who actually say- with a presumably straight face (and a full bottle, I guess) that others here went after their families and those of other people

and people in the same venue who believe that other critics are plants or OSA bots or are suspect in some way

People who believe Barack Obama (shithead though he may be) wasn't born in the US

People who believe in eeevil gypsy queens and buttersquashers

People who believe in baptism of the dead

I notice that at least one of the people posting their thoughts gets really into conspiracy think about other people in the critic's scene and goes along with a lot of other ideas just because of who said 'em.

Point is, people can believe in a lot of odd things. The mental gymnastics many Scn'ists go through are not dissimilar to the insanity I sometimes see on ESMB or when I turn on the news.

Why does the stuff in the thread op seem any more irrational to you guys than the way at least a fourth or so of all humanity processes information and rationalizes stuff no sensible person believes?

Irrational beliefs aren't rare. I bet my little assumed/invented percentage (one fourth) is probably not too far off the mark.

IMO, irrational beliefs are sometimes self serving propositions. They can bring comfort. They are manifestations of cognitive dissonance. They can be instilled in an attempt to evade. Or they can be due to having been fed lies. Basically, they're un or insufficiently examined ideas. I don't think believing that people were doing this galactic whole track shit is really much different than a lot of things.

17. Reasonable

Re: how can they live their lives like that?

I agree with you 100%.

It's just when people cut off family and friends and shun people and disconnect, and when people get fired from their jobs is when it crosses the line to dangerous.

In the general society it is dangerous when they make laws based on these beliefs or start wars.

And really the world has operated on a mix of irrational belief and rational thought sine the beginning of history.

For me the fascination about Scientology is that I was once in.:omg:

18. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Yah, I get it re the disconnection. I just don't really get too weirded out over the space opera.

19. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Yet, there's this very significant difference with scientology beliefs. A scientologist cannot trust his own mind! Scientologists believe that they have all these hidden memories of everything that happened to them through countless quadrillions of centuries. Indeed every last little detail of smell, feeling, vision.. Even detail they didn't notice at the time, 12 millions years ago.. And Engrams, and Implants.. All this stuff they don't know anything about until it's being found out in a Auditing Session, floating needle and paid in full.

Scientologists really are the only people I know who agrees that they are nuts and irrational. A scientologist who's above in the pecking order, 'Case level' and/or posting, can tell another that he's 'banky' and get no argument..

Well, I've known people who really are idiots, who'd take offence at being called that.

:yes:

20. Reasonable

This is true but while Christians may not believe that they are nuts and irrational they do believe that they are sinners and can't be anything anything but sinners.

This is a similar but not entirely the same.

But with Christians there is no "solution" just believe and wait until you die.

There is no levels of improvement just that everyone is a sinner.

So they call each other sinners instead of "banky"

Also, as a scientologist doesn't trust his own mind a fundamentalist christian thinks that the devil is tempting him and could even be giving him evil thoughts and intentions.

To me another level of irrationality. As long as so one gets disconnected or bankrupted I am OK