What's new

Katie Holmes could spill the beans on her marriage ... as part of his $50m libel case

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
god I promise you if you actually make this true I will never ever eat chocolate again....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ill-beans-marriage-Tom-Cruise-libel-case.html

(excerpt)

Katie Holmes will be 'happy' to give evidence about her marriage to Tom Cruise - as he continues to battle allegations he 'abandoned' their daughter, sources have revealed.

The actress is believed to have signed a non-disclosure agreement as part of her divorce from the A-list star in July last year and it is thought this means she cannot reveal any details about their five-year marriage.

However, Cruise, 51 is now gearing up for a $50 million defamation case against Bauer Media - contesting their magazine's claims that he abandoned Suri, his daughter with Katie.

And if it goes to trial - as his lawyer states - Katie, 34, could be called to the stand.

Katie - who spent Thanksgiving on Thursday in Ohio with her family and seven-year-old Suri - will have no issue with this, sources connected with the case tell MailOnline, saying she will be happy to get the chance to speak freely about their marriage and split.

Last edited:

thewritegoddess

Patron with Honors
Re: Katie Holmes could spill the beans on her marriage ... as part of his $50m libel

Wait, wait, wait! Katie Holmes could be called to the stand in Tom Cruise's lawsuit against Bauer and BE REQUIRED to answer questions that otherwise would violate the nondisclosure agreement?! In public?! On record?! Oh, Tom, Tom, you lovely little idiot!:clap:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Re: Katie Holmes could spill the beans on her marriage ... as part of his $50m libel

Wait, wait, wait! Katie Holmes could be called to the stand in Tom Cruise's lawsuit against Bauer and BE REQUIRED to answer questions that otherwise would violate the nondisclosure agreement?! In public?! On record?! Oh, Tom, Tom, you lovely little idiot!:clap:

Seriously.

Like I said before, Bauer is taking this lemon and making it into lemonade.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

This could get interesting! The article speaks about Cruise's side expecting he will win "enormous damages" against the mag. More likely, this case is going to COST him enormous damage! I hope Katie gets to tell it like it is (or was)!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Christmas is early this year.

:drama:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Good move by the Bauer's lawyers. I might even say, checkmate. Tom (and more importantly, DM) CANNOT allow Katie to publicly answer questions on the stand in a high-profile case.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

They could ask her about Shelley Miscavige on the stand.

Shelley was at the TC birthday bash and disappeared not long after that.

Scientology can't win this. Well played.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious

Seriously.

Like I said before, Bauer is taking this lemon and making it into lemonade.

Bauer Media is German, therefore they're world class SPs by default who know how to damage the only hope for mankind.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

We get SEVEN more???? :happydance:

I'm Christian, so I'm gonna get seven more PLUS Christmas. And as long as I'm being counted as the cult's false stat, I demand something for Auditor's Day and LRH's Birthday too.

:happydance:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

god I promise you if you actually make this true I will never ever eat chocolate again....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ill-beans-marriage-Tom-Cruise-libel-case.html

(excerpt)

Katie Holmes will be 'happy' to give evidence about her marriage to Tom Cruise - as he continues to battle allegations he 'abandoned' their daughter, sources have revealed.

The actress is believed to have signed a non-disclosure agreement as part of her divorce from the A-list star in July last year and it is thought this means she cannot reveal any details about their five-year marriage.

However, Cruise, 51 is now gearing up for a $50 million defamation case against Bauer Media - contesting their magazine's claims that he abandoned Suri, his daughter with Katie.

And if it goes to trial - as his lawyer states - Katie, 34, could be called to the stand.

Katie - who spent Thanksgiving on Thursday in Ohio with her family and seven-year-old Suri - will have no issue with this, sources connected with the case tell MailOnline, saying she will be happy to get the chance to speak freely about their marriage and split.

It's hard to tell much from reading the Court docket in Cruise v Bauer Publishing, but it's clear that all "fact-based evidence" is due to be submitted no later than December 9, 2013. I'm not sure if that means all depositions must be completed by that date -- if so, TeamCruise will likely demand deposition contents (for Katie Holmes, Lee Anne Gillotte, etc.) be sealed. <---That's an argument I really hope they lose.

In the documents produced thus far, TC's bare-bones public relations reps wrote of their distrust of Katie Holmes' business partner, Jeanne Yang -- blaming Ms. Yang for leaking info to the press, tipping-off paparazzi, etc. I wonder if the PR reps & TeamCruise assume Ms. Yang is the source for this latest leak to The Daily Mail.

Given the MSM's reportage of each development in connection with this lawsuit, and assuming additional tidbits will be reported upon, January 2014 is shaping up to be an interesting time.
Why?
Awards season!
Who will the comedy writers pick on? What will the emcees say?
It's a fine comedic line -- celebs don't like reading untrue statements about their private lives in the magazines & gossip blogs, but if they laugh at a joke made at TC's expense? That would serve to (roughly) measure Hollywood's 'take' on TC, and by extension, Co$/scientology.

Peoples Choice Awards - January 8, 2014
Golden Globes - January 12, 2014
Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards - January 18, 2014

If TC and/or Co$ jokes are made and embraced at the above show(s), it'll be 'game on' at the Academy Awards on March 2, 2014.
Ellen DeGeneres is the host, and while she's not known to be a 'mean' comic, the Oscars are about films/film stars and both TC and Katie Holmes fit the bill, so to speak.

After December 9, 2013, it seems reasonable to assume TeamCruise will review/assess the evidence they've obtained.
If they don't have what they need in order to ensure excellent odds for a courtroom win, I think they'll negotiate a settlement with Bauer Publishing to end the suit entirely -- quickly.
TC would claim 'victory' if Bauer Publishing wrote some vague statement about how they 'used the word "abandoned" when other words were more correct' - or something similarly-written.

I hope I'm wrong, however. I'd like to see this matter go to trial.

JB

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors

While I, for one, would ejeculate on my ceiling if this is the case, it ain't gonna happen.

(a) source = Daily Mail
(b) obvious consequence that Crooz's team have planned for. Either they will settle or the juicy details aren't going to be that juicy. Which means they will settle...

Mind you I would love to be proved wrong.