What's new

Katie Holmes Will Reprise Her Role As ‘Brainwashed Wife’ In The Giver Movie

leina

Patron
Katie Holmes seems ready to dive back into her role as a brainwashed wife who’s unaware of what’s going on in her own home. In a move that many will consider brave, she’s signed on to play Jonas’ mother in The Giver. For those of you didn’t obsess over this book in middle school (and a few more times in high school), The Giver is about a conformist community in the future where everything’s black and white.
Literally. In an effort to avoid conflict, scientists managed to remove things like color from society. And music! And personal choice! And really everything that makes being alive fun.

I find it especially exciting that Katie Holmes will play the mother. Like I said above, she’ll be playing a brainwashed wife who just goes with the flow. Even though I don’t think she’s all that talented at acting, I do think this role’s perfect for her. She’ll really be able to capture that feeling of being imprisoned without knowing that you are imprisoned.
In case you haven’t been following all the recent casting news for this movie, you should know Brenton Thwaites will be playing Jonas, Meryl Streep will play the Chief Elder, Jeff Bridges will play the Giver, Cameron Monaghan will play Asher and Odeya Rush will play Fiona. It doesn’t come out until August 2014, but I’m already giddy to see it.