ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

L. Ron Hubbard's Affirmations: 1984 Armstrong trial transcript excerpts

Discussion in 'Important documents' started by Caroline, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Related thread: Affirmations - new Wikipedia article

I'll add some references to Hubbard's Affirmations, from the Armstrong 1 trial, summations.

THE COURT: Judge Paul G. Breckenridge.
    MR. LITT: Barrett S. Litt. Attorney representing Mary Sue Hubbard.
    MR. FLYNN: Michael Flynn. Attorney representing Gerry Armstrong.
    MR. HARRIS: Robert N. Harris. Attorney representing Church of Scientology of California.

Judge Breckenridge issued his decision twelve days later.

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I recall the briefings from OSA back when I was on Boston staff during the 80's about Michael Flynn. He was portrayed as one of the most evil beings in the universe. (I think he was in the Top 5 along with Paulette Cooper) :biggrin:

3. Gib

Gib Crusader

"To tie in Mr. Hubbard's malevolent intent as reflected in those documents and in the parade of lies that are reflected in the exhibits before the court with the idealistic aspiration of someone like Mr. Armstrong is where the fraud lies. It's got to do with joining, quote as recited in one exhibit, "L. Ron Hubbard's personal Org" which he also says in the policy "the founder" referring to his personal office as being his, but in one of those solicitations he says, "The Sea Org is L. Ron Hubbard's personal organization."

And thus the evil started just prior KSW (stealing all the great works of the individuals involved in creating the St Hill course). And it begin as the Sea Project. OMG. The CMO, childern of the corn. He really turned the thing up, survival, for himself and his legacy.

Who knows what he did to that little hilter DM behind unknown ears.

4. Caroline

Thanks, Type4_PTS. Flynn was, of course, a Boston attorney, and, around that time, the Scientologists were raising money for their war chest against him and his clients, and recruiting local staff to participate in fair gaming them.

[​IMG]
    Michael Flynn, from Time 21 January 1983: Mystery of the Vanished Ruler

More documents: Scientology Fair Games Michael Flynn, Armstrong's Attorney

[video=youtube;pR12bnpJSX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR12bnpJSX8&feature=gv[/video]

5. Caroline

Mary Sue Hubbard's attorney introduced the Affirmations at trial on 4 May, 1984.

6. Caroline

The Affirmations came up again on May 14, 1984, during a discussion about Armstrong's list of sealed exhibits.

7. Caroline

Gerry was under direct examination by Mr. Flynn in this excerpt:

8. Peter Soderqvist

Peter Soderqvist Patron with Honors

Soderqvist1: Here on YouTube Omar Garrison is talking about findings in the Gerry Armstrong Case!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5Drk3eVQSg

Soderqvist1: in the below account Hubbard did know that something was wrong with him after the Second World War!

Exhibit 25 - RESPONSIBILITIES OF LEADERS -Section on "seven things about power, "HCO PL 12 February 1967 Bolivars Errors
    Not to compare with Bolivar but to show my understanding of this:
    I once had a similar one. "I would keep going as long as I could and when I was 'stopped I would then die." This was a solution mild enough to state and really hard to understand until you had an' inkling of what I meant by keeping going. Meteors keep going—very, very fast. And so did I. Then one day ages back, I finally was stopped after countless little stoppings by social contacts an family to prepare me, culminating in a navy more devoted to braid than dead enemies and literally I quit. For a while I couldn't get a clue of what was wrong with me. Life went completely unlivable until I found a new solution. So I know the frailty of these single solutions. Not to compare myself but just to show it happens to us all, not just Bolivars
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/80501927/...econd-Declaration-of-Lance-Marcor-27-Sep-2010

Soderqvist1: Here L. Ron Hubbard begging for psychiatric Treatment 1947 he is suicidal!
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/ronthenut/beg.htm

Here on Pages Pages 3655 - 3656 Omar Garrison is talking about Hubbard's Affirmations!
    http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/2471.php

Soderqvist1: Here on Page 4353 Robert Vaughn admit 4 July that he has read the Affirmations and Hubbard's Gonorrhea which is mentioned in Affirmation 2000
    But disagree with lawyer Michel Flynn's Conclusion!
    http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/2526.php

Soderqvist1: On item 89 and 103 Robert Vaughn Young declare that he was ordered by David Miscavige to put together a team to work full time in order to
    Disprove Gerry Armstrong's one man work, but failed to disprove him in the main, but he found some additional facts in favor of Hubbard!
    http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/decl-rvyoung-1993-10-25.html

Soderqvist1: Here Stacy Brooks is talking about Hubbard's Affirmations and Blood Ritual and what Hubbard wanted to with Sara Northrop
    and she is also talking about Hubbard's paranoid Schizophrenia as both Stacy and Robert above was representing the Church in the Gerry Armstrong Case!
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library-item.php?iid=5903

9. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Nope. The evil started waaaay back. It started prior to Dianetics but only became partially manifest in public when L Ron Hubbard used fraud to sell the idea. Its still being used today. Perhaps Ole Fatso was onto something when he said that for something to persist it must contain a lie. Slowly, starting with people like Dr Winter and carried on by people like Gerry and now Anonymous, day by day, with gathering momentum, Scientology and L Ron Hubbard are being AS-ISED. Enjoy.

10. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

On March 13th, 1911? :omg:

11. Caroline

In the following segment, Mary Sue Hubbard's attorney questioned Gerry about how, when and under what circumstances Gerry obtained documents from Omar Garrison and provided them to Michael Flynn.

Q: Mr. Litt.
    A: Gerry Armstrong.
    Wikipedia: The Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. Caroline

As mentioned earlier, Judge Breckenridge signed his famous Decision on 20 June, 1984. Gerry and Michael Flynn met with Scientology's attorney on 6 December 1986 to sign Scientology's Mutual Release Of All Claims and Settlement Agreement. Mike Sutter and Jo-Ann Richardson were also present and witnessed the signing.

[video=youtube;yOZJNho024s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZJNho024s[/video]

The settlement agreement contains the following language about the Affirmations:

Gerry says that the documents that keep coming into his possession within categories A to C are voluminous, especially since he found the Internet, and he's badly backlogged on sending CSI everything. He wonders if other people can help.

13. Caroline

Thanks, Peter. I'll post Omar Garrison's testimony here too, ftr. In this excerpt, MSH's attorney Barrett S. Litt is cross-examining him.

Good point, Peter. At the time of the Armstrong trial, Robert Vaughn Young was still in the cult, testifying as a Plaintiff witness, i.e., for Scientology. In the transcript pages you noted, RVY was under cross-examination by Michael Flynn.

Yes, thanks for this too. By 25 October 1993, RVY was out of the cult. He submitted that declaration for the defense of Dr. Uwe Geertz in the Fishman case.

RVY wrote another declaration in the Fishman case in which he provided further testimony about Scientology's fair game of Omar Garrison, Michael Flynn and Gerry Armstrong.

14. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

9 months before that.:nervous:

15. we should be grateful his navy, the sea org, is more dedicated to brass and braid than dead enemies

the american navy of the second world war magnificently embodied the fighting spirit of john paul jones especially in the pacific. the japanese imperial navy had a seemingly endless force of combat vessels and in battle after battle american commanders most boldly engaged forces when substantially outnumbered and outgunned nearly always either prevailing or forcing a draw. i recall especially a battle when a single destroyer was stationed in a bay of a south pacfic island and sailed against a japanese task force of our battle groups formed around four battleshps and held them at bay for several hours until finally being sunk

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013