ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Laura Decrescenzo v. Church of Scientology International, Inc., et al.

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by AnonKat, Jun 26, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Phoenix8

Phoenix8 Patron with Honors

Mimsey & Jump, thanks guys. Great explanations. I'm definitely not a legalese buff so sometimes this court and litigation process confuses me.

Yay for Laura! So happy this is still going well for her! I can't believe its gone on for 7 years though. That's got to be so upsetting and annoying for her. She deserves to win this.

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I don't understand the US legal system either, I think Laura has the patience of a saint and a fierce determination for justice which keeps her going through the insanity. I try and post updates when I see them, one day this will end.

3. Phoenix8

In America, we are arguably one of the most corrupt and confusing legal systems in the world. The jargon of run-on sentences and underlying reasoning that layers over dozens of other reasoning and objective is quite the conundrum... it is full on FUBAR (fucked up beyond all recognition).

Damn Americans lol

4. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

My impression (such as it is) is that da cherch has a very weird hold over the court system. I've heard of other cult leaders getting convicted and yet Miscavige, Inc. seems to be wearing a permanent Teflon shield. I don't get it. There's got to be some chicanery.

5. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Mo money, mo betta lawyers, mo ruthless win at all costs mentality, mo dirty tricks. Ya sees, dem boys don' play fair. Dem don' care ifn they brakes mo laws to win. Bribe da judge? Check! Kill the prosecutor's cat? Check! Stalk the opposing lawyers? Check! break in the polices offices an steels da evidence? Check! Play da religion card? Check, check, check!

It appears like dey always a winnin, rhat? Well, dat's a whet dems wants you to think. Dem spins and lyez and talks sideways outta dems moufs.

An why, y'all askes, do dem boys play lak dat? Dat's cause dem believes dey's special and dem's above da laws, cause dem's sez, wez a savin' mens spirits. Ain't no wog law gonna stop us from a makin' it go right, an squashin dems suprsivs lak a dam bug.
    Boy, Howdy!

Brer Mimsey

[​IMG]

6. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

Love the Brer Mimsey thing... I'm also picturing some corrupt fat old white Col Sanders looking mo fo lawyers in white suits and twinkling eyes working their wiles in a court...

7. Mimsey Borogrove

Hey! Who you callin' Col Sanders?

[​IMG]

8. Phoenix8

I do not think it has anything beyond the legal shield though. You get what you pay for here in America. "Miscavige, Inc." PAYS every dime (x100,000) while countless parishioners' wallet is on the checks and balance report, unknowingly. Miscavige Inc PAYS to win the legal battle they're programmed to, sadly. However, not every litigation is a battle that has been disguised under the fallible crimes of Scn. Let's not overlook that despite other cases of 'scn' vs 'the people'. The odds are stacked against the "parishioner" (1st, 4the & 5the amendment) all by means of the financial advantage and bona fide blackmail from 'da cherch'. It's pretty unfortunate and horrific considering the lives that have been ruined by "da cherch"

What you say could be well known fact, or it could be a scheme. Scientology pays and/or has paid off (threats/money/intimidation) well-involved government officials for legal advantage for their intended outcome, but that could also be speculation unless it's publicly documented (though I wouldn't be surprised if Scn has done this, too). That wouldn't surprise me at all. I fully believe big corporate scn execs paying off the legal system has occurred in the past and likely in the present, but I have no official reference of scn paying off legal officials. Almost as if silently executed to continue to be litigious dominatrix-style bulldogs in courtrooms. Like one of those things you know is happening but don't see...!!! Which is why I want that cult to become more transparent to the public and to stop hiding under the guise of religion.

Scientology has hurt enough good people already.

Scientology wouldn't be so paranoid and litigious of they weren't hiding and defending crimes themselves.

Call it what you want...conspiracy or not: The legal system in America is bought and paid in many (right or wrong), and in regards to whether we're discussing an abusive "religion" or the average citizen's criminal offense/defense litigation objectives.

(I'm not referring to specifics or specific judicial officials, rather in general; and it's worth the research to discover the habitual tactics used by scn... well worth it, if you're curious
    :)
    Definitely thought provoking! My best advice is to follow the money = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ <----- you'll find your reasoning there. Sad and true.

You seem very knowledgeable in this circumstance. However, I must argue that the court system in america is EASY-as-pie to play so long as you have the right counsel. If there's a backhanded deal, it is because it's worked out into their system....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  9. Mimsey Borogrove

Did you read the Janet Reitman book about Scientology? There's a section about the Lisa McPhearson case - where Scientology relentlessly pressured the ME (Medical Examiner) to change her findings. Where they were using scientology celebrities to influence to officials involved in the case. Then there is the accusations of black mail of the IRS commissioner to get legal status, the misrepresentation of Scientology's refund policies to the IRS as part of the settlement, as well as the stick and carrot routine, offering to remove the 2000+ lawsuits the church initiated against the IRS.

These are a few of the more widely known abuses by the church to achieve it's ends.

Mimsey

https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Scientology-Americas-Secretive-Religion/dp/0547750358

[​IMG]

10. Phoenix8

Thanks Mimsey, I haven't read this one yet. Everytime I finish a book about a scn expose...I need like a 6 month break from scn news in general lol!! (truth). Currently I'm about 80% done with Ron Miscavige's book. I will download Reitman's book next! Thanks so much! I haven't even heard of this one yet. Having been raised in scn from baby to after I escaped the SO...I know the lengths with which $cn will go to pursue their own dark and hidden agenda at the detriment of others. It's sad and upsetting to watch others go through such heartache and also for me in my personal experience. I finished Jenna Miscavige's book last year...then needed a break. It was intense and hit way too close to home.

11. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I'm cross-posting an exchange from the comments section of Mike Rinder's blog concerning a precedent set by this ongoing lawsuit: