ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Little Hungarian girl at Flag tries to commit suicide

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Lulu Belle, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

2. BlackCatTango

BlackCatTango Patron

I just read most of the posts, she's now 18 and finishing school in Hungary. She and her mother were routed out and sent back after she tried to cut her wrists.

She was getting a lot of good responses on the site, a lot of direction but is still upset about her experiences with scn. Very interesting story. I may see about getting in touch with her and giving her more encouragement.

I can see why she felt she had no other options and the crap they put her through is just unbelievably bad. It's so sickening that they treated her that way in the SO.

3. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Wow the abuse and exploitation of children still goes on in Scientology!

4. Sir Facer

Sir Facer Patron with Honors

No Care for Children

If a young thirteen year old child is suicidal, something is so very wrong, a case of absolutely no care for Children what so ever.

The neglected children I have witnessed in ANZO is just gross! most of the neglect I have seen are parents of Staff & OT's! Its just scary that this stuff goes on:omg:
    I know of two SCN kids in ANZO who have been to prison, two more that live in conditions that give the homeless a good look, due to their parents being on staff and leaving them home alone or with teenage babysitters and one teenager who was found drugged out of her tree at one of Sydney's red light districts (missing for days) and many more stories of a similar nature! Its sickening!!!

5. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Yes, I remember one time when I was about 5 years old I was standing on the edge of the Fountain Building roof, contemplating jumping. It was about 5 stories. I didnt know if it would kill me. I think what stopped me was the idea that I might survive it and get in a ton of trouble. I remember crying and hating my life.

It was because, as far as I remember, that my mother always treated my brother better because he was older. I had a constant pressure to act like an adult and be an adult. Not just from my mother, from everyone around me like the nannies and other kids.

Cant remember if this was in my story, but it certainly was part of it!

Also another time when I was 16 I used to carry around mercury from 3 thermometers that I broke. I heard it could kill me. I carried that around for about 6 months, in addition to a period where I would not eat or drink ANYTHING but a MochaJava for months. I lost tons of weight and nearly starved myself to death at 16. I got RPFed around that time, and somehow snapped out of it and started eating.

6. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

I was around PAC then, as non-SO staff -- trying to figure out how to route off and create a life.

I wish I would have known you and could have swooped you up and taken you home with me, and you could have been "big sister" to my son who was born shortly after this incident you describe.

7. CherryTree

CherryTree Patron

it's me

Hi! thanks for the concern, I'm more or less fine now :) take care

8. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Welcome aboard :)

Stick around and tell some stories.

Zinj

9. Thalkirst

Thalkirst Patron with Honors

Hi, welcome here, I sent you a PM. :)

Thalkirst

10. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Any organization that treats kids like that just isn't worth salvaging.

11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Any 'philosophy' that leads to and allows such an organization isn't worthy of the name.

Zinj

12. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

That's why any philosophy or methodology should never be accepted 100%. There's always culling and/or changes that need to happen with any of them.

I've often said that the problems with the current church administration are due exactly to Hubbard's own directives.

13. CherryTree

CherryTree Patron

Technically I was dealt with like with any other "problematic" staff member. Ethics trouble so on... From their viewpoint I was at fault, which they made me believe while as was there. The real problem is that they consider children as normal adults in small bodies... which is not exactly the case, of course it is important to let your kids to make their own decisions to some point, but because they don't have the experience that older people do they cannot be handled the same way, they shouldn't be put infront of the same decisions that adults have to make. At least that's what I think. If I would be there now (almost 19 years old) I would do many things differently but as a 12 year old I always what I thought that would be best, which many many times wasn't... For example when we arrived from LA to Flag I decided to join the SO because at LA the Cadet Org was out in the mountain 100 or so kms away, and I was almost never able to see my mom. I thought if I worked at least in the same building or almost the same (I was a tech page at the Fort Harrison while my mom was on the TTC at the Coachman building...) than I could see her more. I actually only left Hungary with her in 2001 at the age of 11 because I didn't wanted to be separated from her. If you judge it from that I think it was a good decision, if you see the outcome than it wasn't... They say that it's totally my fault that this happened to me... Of course it is if you want to look at it that way, but I think these kind of decisions are the ones where it only looks like the person got another choice.

14. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

Rights - The Family

This article from scientology-cult.com tries to diminish LRH responsibility for the Sea Org madness - something I don't buy - but il also well illustrates that the evil suppression of family and children in the Sea Org was not someone's mistake, but was planned. :angry:

I'm very happy you are out CherryTree! :happydance:

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Oh CT! :hug: I am so glad that you got OUT alive! WOW! :omg: That you had to do that just to escape, and as recently as 2004 or 2005?!

Just goes to prove that this abuse is still going on and has got to STOP!!!

WHY oh WHY can't both Flag and Gold be raided in a huge, public way, literally all the walls busted down and the people free'd?! :grouch:

16. CherryTree

CherryTree Patron

It was June 2004. I actually feel lucky that I got away this easily. At that time I was sure that I wanted to die, but now I feel that I'm lucky, from every aspect, I didn't die, they sent me home, I have a life here now that I built up for myself, I finished highschool, I have a wonderful boyfriend who knows about everything and is very understanding (even when I have panicattack like reactions and nightmares), we have been together for 1,5 years now. And I really really want to live now! :happydance: I'm happy, I'm content with myself, which I never had in the SO. I can't even believe how can they call themselves the most ethical people on the planet,and Flag as the friendliest place on the planet (yeah I know for the public :p ) if they can let these things happen, and then not help kick the person out (btw I'm happy that they didn't want to keep me there, but it is the biggest question mark, why the hell do they think that they are helping people???)

17. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

2004 is when we left in our hearts minds and souls, scn. But me and hubby were staff from early to mid 90's. We literally escaped and that part
    of my story is in my signature.

But that is wonderful that you are now happy and have a great boyfriend and better life! :yes:

Isn't even the little day to day stuff just so much funner than what you endured in the SO/scn?

I remember when we blew, and the first time we went shopping and bought new clothes and shoes (not thrift store or hand-me-downs from
    other staff). WOW, lol!

18. Ms. Cherry blossoms with her freedom!

Hello Cherry Sweetheart! I'm so glad that you wrote to let us know how you are doing, we were upset by your story and concerned for you. Sounds like things are so much better now. How wonderful that your boyfriend is kind and understanding about your past bad experiences in the church. We understand here, too, and remember that you can always talk to an understanding person with us here about anything, either in a forum or by pm. I'm glad you and your Mom both got out. Has your Mom told us her story yet? She is welcome here too.

The panic attacks and nightmares will get to be less and less with time, just keep telling them to go away. Cherry, of course it wasn't all your fault dear, that's just a really mistaken belief that the people who created your situation tell themselves so that they won't feel bad about themselves and what they are doing with their organization. You and your Mom did great in getting out and moving forward with your lives, I admire your survival skills. Congrats on finishing high school! Are you continuing on with your education, or doing anything creative or fun? Tell us more, you're part of the family now. :grouphug:

19. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

Cherry Tree

You are doing so much better in life despite the cult:thumbsup:
    Isn't it amazing?:D

I wish you only the best in whatever you do.:)

Opter

20. CherryTree

CherryTree Patron

Thanks to all of you :) yes I will be going to a economics university, but I don't know yet which one, because in Hungary there is a point system based on your highschool grades, and percental results of the GED exams, I have 450 (out of 480), and I have applied to 3 universities, at the first which I want to go to most, last year the the score from which you gain accapetence was 456 :( but it changes every year depending on how many people applied and how well generally those people did on the exams, so this one is not sure but hope dies last. The second was 441 so this is where I will probably will be accepted to, and the 3. one was just a "lifebelt" if all else fails, cause it's a collage not university, and the score to get in was 392 or something, I didn't want to go here, but just in case if I screw up something in the exams (we had to give in the application in February, and the exams where in May-June, so you never know). So I will find this out around 23 July.