What's new

"Long strings of psychotics"

Glenda

Crusader
Does scientology create insanity? I have an opinion about this.

Even on the lower level stuff and the basic courses there are repetitive patterning type actions/questions. These methods are packaged as ways to learn the subject and to begin to progress on a spiritual path. This could be called the pretty shop window stuff. The set-up to condition an individual to more complex (& expensive) actions. It builds the pure devotion, the blindly following true believer.

Step a bit further into the establishment once those basic patterns have been altered in the individual and this is what I concluded (my opinion):

There is an altering of some primal stuff which humans need and have wired in. Cortisol function which looks after the much needed fight/flight/freeze response, is altered. The persons natural responses are upsurped by the methods (TRs, auditing, etc). A type of invisible influence begins to seep into the individuals natural instincts/patterns. This is designed to be done relatively smoothly so there is limited resistance, if any, from the individual. Responses to normal day-to-day events are changed without the person even being aware of it. Social interaction responses are changed. Thought-patterns are influenced & emotional experiences all begin to be filtered through the scientology filter. The individuals natural wiring is assaulted with the scientology methods.

Intensive training and auditing is recommended, often demanded. 12 & 1/2 hour blocks of auditing are called "intensives". If you want to change someones natural instincts and responses, and get them under your control, intensively train them and mess with their thoughts, leaving little to no time for the person to reflect and process what is happening to them at their own speed. Why is Hubbard so insistent that training and auditing be done so fast, so intensively? To disempower the individual of any possibility of responding with their own volition.

Can this create madness in some people? Hell yes! Assault someones inner functions/patterns, how their brains are wired and you can flip them out. It can be very overwhelming for some people. There can be a lot of disorientation as their natural instincts collide with the newly installed ideas/language/patterns. Hubbard's methods insist that the person ignore their inner discomfort and forge on in scientology because freedom awaits. The discomfort (cognitive dissonance) is labelled "case" or "bank". This can be really traumatic stuff for some people. It can take a heavy toll on the nervous system. I had some serious dissociation when having auditing. I know of others that did too. Lower level stuff. Mess around with someones natural behavioral, emotional & thought patterns and you are playing with fire. Keep insisting they "answer the question" (nicely of course) so they can go free and some people will snap. Same applies for the TRs. Supposedly developed to train auditors to audit flawlessly, they actually mess with this stuff and are all about control and influence way beyond the touted "reason" they were developed for.

Hubbard seemed to know what he was doing. He knew how to breed compliance for his own needs/desires without tipping too many people over the edge. If his methods did tip someone over the edge he could just blame someone else.

How come he knew about pain-drug-hypnosis before it hit mainstream media? I have no idea but it remains a fact. He did. Science of Survival was published in 1951 and he talks about stuff that is nowhere to be found in accessible mainstream publications. This one is a mystery I'd love to crack one day. He goes on about LSD creating insanity and how these cases were being sent in to disrupt scientology. I for one don't believe a word he says regarding this. One thing Hubbard did really well was hypocrisy. His capacity to distort and twist facts was extraordinary.

Leland

Crusader
Didn't Hubbard write about in the early days of using Benzedrine on subjects? (during auditing...)

Edited:

Hi Glenda !

Great post above! Yes, very well put about upsetting one's patterns.

Glenda

Crusader
Didn't Hubbard write about in the early days of using Benzedrine on subjects? (during auditing...)

Edited:

Hi Glenda !

Great post above! Yes, very well put about upsetting one's patterns.
Yep, somewhere in his endless writings. I don't recall where off-hand. Someone else may.

And thank you! :)

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Does scientology create insanity? I have an opinion about this.

For me the real kicker will always be that whether Scientology creates insanity or not, it is not equipped to deal with mental health issues and are in fact stopping people from seeking or getting help from actual professionals.

Does a Scientologist call for an ambulance when a person is having a mental breakdown in front of them? No, they call for a Type 3 watch to be set up.

Does Scientology take responsibility for their congregations mental health? No. In fact they've set themselves up in complete opposition towards any progress to be made when it comes to persons mental health.

I mean, in the end, that is why the practice of Scientology and it's abusive organisation should be criminalized. I just wish I wasn't in minority to hold that view, not on this board but out in the normal world. :)

guanoloco

As-Wased
It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

More cover up.

Hubbard wrote about how the psychiatric industry used this ploy to cover for their ineptitude and complete lack of results.

If anyone knows of a reference now would be a good time to post it...OK?

C'mon, people, work with me here.

guanoloco

As-Wased
For me the real kicker will always be that whether Scientology creates insanity or not, it is not equipped to deal with mental health issues and are in fact stopping people from seeking or getting help from actual professionals.

Does a Scientologist call for an ambulance when a person is having a mental breakdown in front of them? No, they call for a Type 3 watch to be set up.

Does Scientology take responsibility for their congregations mental health? No. In fact they've set themselves up in complete opposition towards any progress to be made when it comes to persons mental health.

I mean, in the end, that is why the practice of Scientology and it's abusive organisation should be criminalized. I just wish I wasn't in minority to hold that view, not on this board but out in the normal world. :)

Not only is Scientology not equipped to handle they're completely unable to spot it.

That's why they've inherited sits like Lisa McPherson and leaders such as David Miscavige

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Anyone done a baby watch of someone put in isolation when having psychotic break ( either introspection rd)???

I"ve (like some of you guys)been called on duty once and to discover the fundamental human rights abuse of this program which also denies one to receive health care. It actually revealed to be false emprisonnement, not allowing any right to communicate, without any proper care, apart from psychiatric drugs to put one numb in a state of apathy..
hygiène =0
Loving care=0
Socializing=0
proper meals=0
Exercice=0
Communication means= 0

Cruel dehumanizing process which only purpose is to withdraw the person from public view and knowledge= pr flap avoiding

In the field of mental health $cientology carry dangerous harmful practices which have proven to get people in either more despair or even suicide or death.

Scientology is not abusive, neither dangerous???,
as some blind or lunatics will tell.​
When people are put in insolation they can't do anything against it and they will be disconnected from any communication mean, including phone​

But,not the least, those hypocriticals liars, use CCHR to speak against human rights abuses of people in psychiatric wards.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It is almost not possible that there is no ESMBer who were false emprisonned for mental breakdown. It happened (still happening??) on a regular basis.
Although I am certain those difficult times and experiences would leave trauma and shame within people for having gone through such hell.

Hopefully, one day , some will find the courage to speak about the cruelty of such handlings. They can be assured ESMBers will listen to them with empathy.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It is almost not possible that there is no ESMBer who were false emprisonned for mental breakdown. It happens on a regular basis.
Although I am certain those difficult times and experiences would leave trauma and shame within people for having gone through such hell.

Hopefully, one day , some will find the courage to speak about the cruelty of such handlings. They can be assured ESMBers will listen to them with empathy.

I was never imprisoned. I blew first.

freethinker

Sponsor
Anyone done a baby watch of someone put in isolation when having psychotic break ( either introspection rd)???

I"ve (like some of you guys)been called on duty once and to discover the fundamental human rights abuse of this program which also denies one to receive health care. It actually revealed to be false emprisonnement, not allowing any right to communicate, without any proper care, apart from psychiatric drugs to put one numb in a state of apathy..
hygiène =0
Loving care=0
Socializing=0
proper meals=0
Exercice=0
Communication means= 0

Cruel dehumanizing process which only purpose is to withdraw the person from public view and knowledge= pr flap avoiding

In the field of mental health $cientology carry dangerous harmful practices which have proven to get people in either more despair or even suicide or death.

No..Scientology is not abusive, neither dangerous, as some blind or lunatics will tell.
When people are put in insolation they can't do anything against it and they will be disconnected from any communication mean, including phone

But,not the least, those hypocriticals liars, use CCHR to speak against human rights abuses under psychiatric cares.

Yes

Fluorescent Orange Clay.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It is almost not possible that there is no ESMBer who were false emprisonned for mental breakdown. It happened (still happening??) on a regular basis.

I know someone who was "babysat" three times and it is a dreadful story. I also know staff members who had to do the "babysitting" and how they feel about it now. It's a totally criminal exercise.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I was never imprisoned. I blew first.
Neither was but I was 'handled to stay' by some of the most determined people I have ever met and I felt the threatening undertones very clearly ... and so I stayed (just a little bit longer) until I could edge my way out quietly and without too much fuss.

The relief I felt on finally getting out is still with me and always will be.

I know of a few people suddenly 'disappearing' and heard later that they had had breakdowns (though they were not called that in the cult!).

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Neither was but I was 'handled to stay' by some of the most determined people I have ever met and I felt the threatening undertones very clearly ... and so I stayed (just a little bit longer) until I could edge my way out quietly and without too much fuss.

The relief I felt on finally getting out is still with me and always will be.

I know of a few people suddenly 'disappearing' and heard later that they had had breakdowns (though they were not called that in the cult!).
The forced submission is a tool.

It is conditioning the target to always submit.

It is also a test. Those who refuse to submit need to be taken out of the group before their attitude contaminates others.