ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

looking for old friends

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by John Paul Ruiz, Feb 12, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. John Paul Ruiz

John Paul Ruiz New Member

Hello,
    I am looking for my ex wife; Judy Packer Ruiz. We divorced in 86 I left the church at that time, and I was curious to know if she is doing well.
    I hope that she is. She was a wonderful being, a good friend, and I loved her very much. It has been a long time, and there isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't think about her.
    John

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Welcome John.

There's a good chance someone here will know something!

3. bojanglest

bojanglest New Member

There's a freewebsite to find people.

www.zabasearch.com just enter your name first and see what happens.
    Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. Quicksilver

Quicksilver Patron

John,

Bad news(2nd hand) I'm afraid ... I believe she passed away ... breast cancer. I knew Judy very well ... a beautiful being and I think of her often too. I actually attended your wedding to her.

Sorry to relay bad news ... not my style

Do well

5. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  6. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

This is why

Damn cult

7. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Has anyone tried to contacty the OP? One post almost 3 years ago, hm, maybe Emma can contact Paul through their registration e-mail and pass on the sad news? Seems the right thing to do.
    :(

8. AnonyMary

There is no way any of us can contact him by PM or email but I believe Emma can. I will PM her. I hope she does.

Here is something John posted on Mark Bunker's blog back in 2008 in reply to Mark's article and posting of The Edge interview of Larry Brennan:

john ruiz Says:

March 18, 2008 at 3:56 pm
    This is a very good interview. Thank you for sharing this information. I have been in the church, and found everything that was mention to be true. I have lost my wife and friends because of “fair game” policy.
    John Paul Ruiz

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/the-edge-larry-brennan-returns/

What a sad story. R.I.P. Judy.

9. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

We're all going to die someday from something deadly. :confused2:

It becomes important and dangerous when we die far too young, from the same things. As scientologists go, it seems that cancer seems to take out far too many of us far too early. This is just an unsupported opinion: a study would have to be done to see if scientology techniques or conditions bring about early death. I wouldn't doubt it though, considering the hidden evil processes hubbard had concocted, post dabbling in evil satanic rituals and all. There is always a price to pay when one dabbles in the mystical universe and the occult. :confused2:

I am sorry for your loss John. You will meet her again someday, somewhere. I am sure it will be a very powerful and emotional reunion. :yes:

10. johnpaulruiz

johnpaulruiz New Member

thank you for letting me know about Judy. It has been a long time. I have completed most of my training and auditing outside of the Church. I still miss my friends like the Lewis's and Noel North, and many others that I haven't spoken to for years.
    I think what I miss most is the game of being a part of something bigger than myself.
    I audit and still study daily but don't have a group of my own. Something's are worse than having nothing.
    I remember some of the nicest people, like Jeany Franks and Dola King.. so many friends.

JPR

11. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

I still miss my friends too Paul.
    It seems when one is younger it's easier to make friends, and for a lot of us we spent those prime years "saving the planet".
    I suppose the foundation of those friendships was a lie.
    But, I always wondered if reconnection was possible, at least with a couple of them.
    So sorry for your loss:/

12. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

JPR such a sad feeling in your post, I'm really sorry that you haven't yet found something to replace the purpose you had, the feeling that we were doing something was wonderful yet completely bogus. TR0 didn't change the world, the OT levels didn't create superbeings who were more ethical etc etc. We were really let down and it sucks.

When you got into scn, way back before you walked in the first Org door, what were trying to do with your life? What was the path you were on? It was this question that helped me, I got back to where I left off, and it did feel good!

Hope this helps
    LLLL

13. AnonyMary

Maureen Bolstad, aka Twin A who has not posted here in a long time, once posted:

You may want to contact Maureen for further details. She is on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/maureen.bolstad

They were at Gold together around the same time. She most likely had contact with Judy and knew of this matter first hand or close enough.

Here are some better links with info on her pasing away, if you want it.
    1995-1999 Edmonton Journal Index - see headerto contact volunteer to locate death notice/obit
    http://albertagenealogy-research.ca/Data/Papers/1995-1999EJ/1995-1999EJIndexPage410.html

California Death Index
    https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VP8G-D93

14. AnonyMary

johnpaulruiz, I remember Jeanne Franks and liked her a lot. I think she is still in...

Did Dola King have a husband named John, who was a musician? Drums percussion?

15. johnpaulruiz

johnpaulruiz New Member

Thank you for understanding.

16. johnpaulruiz

johnpaulruiz New Member

I don't know. I only knew her as a Case Supervisor.

17. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Jeanie Sonenfild is still in. Someone posted on FB 2-3 months ago, she's back in Clearwater re-doing the Purif. A number of comments about here from 2013 here:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/gag-ii-hype-is-not-hype

18. johnpaulruiz

johnpaulruiz New Member

I will never forget the day my life changed, forever. It was Sunday, April 8th 11am. The sun was out and I can hear the sounds of the cars racing for the street lights on Hollywood Blvd. I was on my motorcycle and decided to park it at the Church and walk to the movies. I was young and walking was a good way to stretch my legs after a long ride from Van Nuys.

It wasn't long before I came across two Girls walking in the same direction and I came up between them and held their hands, swinging gently and laughing at their surprise. We started a conversation, I don't know what about.. something about what the movie they're going to watch, when Judy looked at the other girl and asked.. "well aren't you going to introduce me?" and Jamie replied, " I was going to ask the same or you" I laughed even more and Judy said, "we don't know you!"
    I told her, "that's right, you don't know me!" and I walked away. Judy yelled out,"what, you walk up and start holding my hand and just walk away without letting us know your name? What kind of guy does that?" I told her my name was John Paul Ruiz and I was in love with her from that day to this day, and I suppose until the day I can see her smile again.

I guess what I miss the most, is the games we played. Like going into an area and my auditing and her C/Sing.. or her soaking in the tub, singing,with me playing the guitar. That girl could not sing, but she did make me happy!
    I wish it was me that had the cancer, I was the one that should have passed.

19. johnpaulruiz

johnpaulruiz New Member

Thank you for your post LLLL, it gave me time to reflect. As I said, I have continued to train and audit outside of the Church. I enjoy making the Tech my own, and I have been able to find others to co-audit with. I have completed the Phoenix and am still enjoying my purpose in life.

How about you?

20. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Re: looking for old friends - Mark Fisher

Anyone know about the whereabouts and well being of Mark Fisher, from TC Org lines? He is the brother of Gail (Bromely) Fisher. He was HCO area sec back in 1972 when I first went on lines in Mpls., Mn.