ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Looking for someone called Stephen Manning

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Sharone Stainforth, Jun 16, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

When I first started looking on the internet approx 3 years ago now, I saw a post on ARS from a Steven(spelling?) Manning.

Recently I have tried to find the post but to no avail.

This person said they were on the ship(Apollo) in 1968 and claimed something to do with sexual abuse in the dorms, below deck whilst GOD was aboard.I couldn't work out wether or not they had been the one who was sexually abused or they had witnessed someone else being sexually abused.

Anyway if this person is reading here or anyone knows where I can contact this person I would be very greatful.

2. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

I did a google search on his name and found this:

http://members.chello.nl/mgormez/childabuse/maning.txt

Sadly, it seems like there was a lot of sexual abuse.

http://sexual.taxexemptchildabuse.net/

3. Sharone Stainforth

Thank you Skollie. This is the post I was referring to.

I also searched google and ARS but it did not come up, this is not the first time either.

This is yet another one of those haunting posts that fills me with revulsion at what Scientology and its so called elite sea org is capable of.

As I have written in my story I encountered one of these dorms and really considered myself very lucky. These dormitories were filthy and smelt horrible, bunks had very little room between each one and as a makeshift privacy area or it might have been just somewhere to hang washing, there were lines inbetween some of the bunks with towels or covers on them.They were very overcrowded.

So many sick and degraded things happened on board that ship. God wasn't on board, it was the Devil.

Steven Manning, I think I know who you were/are. Please contact me.

4. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know if he is on the board but try the email used in the note above, although I'm not sure if it's still active as it was written back in 2000

sman@loxinfo.co.th

5. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

Tam, as I read this, I read God = LRH as the meaning.
    In deed as the captain of the ship, and the self appointed know it all, he lived as a god on that ship. Rumors of mistreatment by LRH to his female messengers border on the sexual in some cases.
    I had a teacher in High School that such rumors were told about. He was fired at the end of my year there for the fact of those rumors.
    Now that LRH is no longer a halo toting being, I find more credence to those rumors.

:grouch: :grouch: :grouch:

6. kay steadman

kay steadman New Member

Hi Sharone
    Ive just seen your post about looking for Stephen Manning and felt i had to reply.
    Stephen is my brother and we were both on The Apollo ship in 1968 along with my other brother Nick and my baby sister. I didnt know that Stephen had written that post although we have talked about that crazy time often and relived some of the nightmares we both experienced. The sexual abuse he mentions is news to me though and i have to say i had no personal knowledge of it. Stephen now lives in Thailand and runs a restaurant there. I will tell him that you want to make contact and ask him if it is ok for me to give you his email address or he can contact you directly of course.
    Were you on board at the same time? I was only 8 at the time and Stephen was 10 so his memory is much better than mine. He remembers lots of the names of the kids we hung around with but i only remember that there were other children there but nothing particular about them. I just stuck close to Stephen and hoped he'd protect me and he did actually. My older brother Nick worked in the engine room and my baby sister was in the nursery and my mum was the cook and we rarly saw them as they worked long long hours,but as Stephen and i were similar in age and both messengers we had each others company so stuck close together.
    A strange and weird experience eh.

7. phénix

phénix Patron with Honors

I wish he could give more details...it happened to him??

8. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

:bump2:

:welcome2: Kay

This is what I love about ESMB...finding old friends & associates. :grouphug:

9. Sharone Stainforth

Hello Kay,

I have tried to send you a PM but the board won't allow it as you have not made enough posts or some such thing.

I would love to speak with Steven and yourself. My e-mail address is tamasinsp@googlemail. Please contact me. It would be good to hear from you.

Best,
    Sharone