ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Love is the answer.

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by alex, Dec 7, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Love is the answer.

That is my conclusion.

Now I just have to find my way to it, to manifesting it...

I was listening to a Charles Berner audio that Div 6 had linked to, where he talks about the basic nature of beings, beyond consciousness....

http://www.charlesberner.org/Design/writings.html

Which led me to a bout of contemplating the fundamental truths, the irreducible concepts upon which we exist.

Trite sounding, yes it is, but to love is to be in a state that can accept all the incoming perceptions without the need for reacting. And it is pretty much a universally acceptable outflow.

My signature line on Hipforums.com ....

"Enlightenment = loving awareness, open heart and still mind. And there is no path to it because it is where you are, when you are and how you are.
    Everything else is a game you play with yourself to hide from it.
    Alex Singh (Inspired by Gangaji)"

And now to find where, when and how I am so that I may....

:ohmy: :coolwink:

2. Martini

Martini Patron Meritorious

I would recommend going to Burning Man.

http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/

3. alex

I always see the various vehicles going and then coming back from Burning man.....I live in Northern California.....strange apparitions on the freeway....

I would love to go....but havent.

I still do have an unrealized urge to take acid and get naked in the desert...

Or to create something for the moment then destroy the beauty of it to affirm the infinite possibility of further creation.

When we go to the beach as a family, we ususally make some sort of driftwood sculpture or structure out of found objects....and leave them for the sea to erase like a cosmic etch-a-sketch....

Drakes beach in Point Reyes....

Burning Man.....hummm....

Thanks for the nudge!

4. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Registering assent!

There is hope in the world. :thumbsup:

Love,

Mike

5. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes you are right Alex

Love is the answer!:yes: What I learn from the sad story of my brother Uwe is that we maybe should not only cover up all the wrong doings and crimes of Scientology but also spread love to as many Scientologists as possible. It's Christmas soon and I think I will write many Postcards with love and best wishes to many Scientologists. They need our help - even those who where not really nice to us or our friends or relatives. They waste their life on a fake.
    Let us help them with our love and heart.:bighug:
    This is what is missing in first place in the Church of Scientology!!:blowkiss: :love2:

Let's see if it works

Markus

6. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

:heartflower: :heartflower: :heartflower: :heartflower:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=4513

:heartflower: :heartflower: :heartflower: :heartflower:

7. Been Done Had

Been Done Had Patron with Honors

Bingo

It is the answer. What's the question?:coolwink:

Is there love in Scientology? There's affinity. There's ARC. But is their love?

Family is pawned off as an implant. "PTS to the middle class" denigrates living life and participating in society as a decent, happy contributing member. The 3rd Dynamic trumps the 2nd Dynamic.

Mothers should feed their babies barley water instead of love, bonding and breastmilk. The bridge is more important than your family. Agree or disconnect.

The children of the most dedicated members are raised by surrogates in a loveless environment.

I submit that love is a danger to the church, LRH saw that degraded it. My opinion. That's all.

8. Good twin

Good twin Floater

I love you, Alex!!!!

:love8: :kiss: :love8:

GT

9. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I think love is discussed in Scn philosophy a number of times,but I think that perhaps the Buddhists recognize it and address it much more effectively. I think perhaps Scn'ists get too judgmental- and I'm not saying just CofS members necessarily, either.

I would like to see a more loving and less judgmental approach which would not include condoning anything that is wrong or harmful yet that is more tolerant, understanding, compassionate and able to see where others are coming from than what I've seen in most of Hubbard's writings. I don't think there's anything wrong a number of things he wrote to discuss negative phenomena or behaviorisms (I won't name those things here as my intent is not to go off into a discussion of this or that concept and why it does or doesn't do that and how bad it sucks or no, wait, it's fine, it really is.) but I think that there's not enough "pan determinism" or ability to just see how it is for other people combined with that, and that's why Scn can be too harsh.

I would like to know how to walk the line on that, not be "theetie weetie" New Age all is love, everyone's beautiful- yet be more as I describe above.
    I think of the writings of CS Lewis and of Orson Scott Card and how, in many of those books, the points of view and feelings of even the villains of the piece are described with great understanding and compassion yet the bad things are never condoned.

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

When the Power Of Love
    Overcomes the Love Of Power
    Then, we will see True Peace On Earth.

(or words to that effect: Some dude, somewhere, some smarts! Maybe it was Sri Chinmoy?)

11. alex

12. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thank you for posting this Alex.
    That's one of the nicest short films I've seen in ages, for me that was 16 minutes very well spent. :)
    Cheers, Panda

13. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

The quote is by Jimi Hendrix :D

14. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Indeed it is. Thanks Alex!

15. alex

It has been an interesting year....

I have been at 2 protests with anon, I have been processed with idenics, I went to satsang with Gangaji, I reread the Dianetics book....and outflowed a lot here and elsewhere on the web....

Yet still am not "cured" of scientology.

David Mayo in his "Sunday talk on disillusionment", specifically http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGeR1yT2gkA (part 2) at about 5 minutes and 38 seconds hits a key point....

"What if one were told, well thats the way it is, you either go along with it or you miss out?

What choice to you have at that point?

If there was no alternative, one could say that there is no choice but to go along with it. Unfortunately, when one sacrifices ones integrity, in order to get a service which would raise ones integrity, you have a paradox that becomes self defeating.

And actually, the fact that anything like that exists, is actually sufficient to virtually prevent the tech from working at all."

Am I fighting for my integrity? (Integrity: an undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting.)
    http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=integrity

I feel I am, and have. Yet what is the solution, abandon what I know and believe? or identify those factors that diminish it?

The more exact inspection, of the facts and events, the separation out of all the details, is the path to the truth, in my opinion, and to lump things together the path to confusion.

I've got a ways to go!

What I want is a solution even more than an understanding....there are many fine people still pouring their hearts into the church. There are years of work in establishing the infrastructure, and endowing reserves, that belong to all who contributed. All the original materials are held by the church.

But I don't see a solution....at least from me.

Nice goal/problem/mass I've got mocked up!

16. ThisIsIt

ThisIsIt Patron with Honors

That was great!:thumbsup: Thanks for posting.:yes:

17. Moonchild

Moonchild Patron with Honors

Thanks for this Alex especially the David Mayo excerpt.

I can relate to this: back in '83 I did OT preps at Saint Hill East Grinstead and at the conclusion was invited to cough-up to proceed further....Christ knows why...

The prob. was that even at that stage of the game I had no certainty that there was any such thing as a thetan or a past life; I had originated as much on the DCSI back in 1980, and I have to say that doing so produced an effect that some might describe as exteriorization (speaking of paradoxes...:duh:) it was like getting-off a serious withhold.

At the end of the OT preps however I had the same consideration about thetans and the track, i.e., it was something I wanted to believe in but still required proof; sorry 'bout that, but I wasn't prepared to bullshit myself about it, certainly not to the tune of multi £1000s and the time and effort implied. This was not warmly-received by the MAA, and the wheels came off at that point really.

Whereas I knew nothing about Xenu etc. I was aware that OT3 (per RJ67) dealt with a "great catastrophe" that had occured 75 million years ago. How are you supposed to handle that when you aren't even certain about the track...about whether you are in fact a "thetan"?

Exactly the paradox David Mayo alludes to I think. My tale is nothing remarkable I know; just thought I'd chuck it in anyway.

P.S. Thanks for the "Validation" video too. Enjoyed it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  18. alex

A paradox is also a church dedicated to total spiritual freedom dramatizing the opposite.

As the church progresses it seems to want thought to stop, when so much of its materials encourage new thinking.

Funny, just yesterday I was reading in Dianetics about dramatizations and the effect of breaking them; breaking a dramatization results in a shift to another valence....

Has the church in its history dramatized the very things it is set up to alleviate? Has it shifted valences?

Paradox, two opposing forces.

Solution? A singularity, a recognition and acceptance of the duality of things, embracing both opposing forces.

Love accepts, love is acceptable. Is it a singularity that encompasses?

19. Neo

Neo Silver Meritorious Patron

I think so. It seems to be a singularity that highlights our own dualistic thinking. If we are open to see this, I guess.

Great thread, alex. Particularly the Validation video.

Neo

20. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep, what the others said - great thread, Alex :thumbsup: - thanks :D