ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Maintaining Credibility as Independents

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by OldAuditor, Nov 11, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. OldAuditor

OldAuditor Patron with Honors

We have a chance out here in the independent field to set standards of performance and communication that will give new people confidence that we are different from the unscrupulous bunch of scammers that have taken over the Church of Scientology.

Independent auditors/practitioners do not need expensive advertising. Their results speak for themselves. Almost every field practitioner I know gets new public from word of mouth referrals. They do not rely on some self-appointed committee to bless their technology with a seal of approval, they get out and deliver what is wanted by their public.

That being said, there is a part for independent public to play in this game. Whether you are a preclear receiving services or an onlooker, if you see or experience something that is non optimum you should TELL THE PRACTITIONER about it first.

Most of the practitioners I know were the "best of the best" when they were auditing on church lines and they take great pride in delivering what is needed and wanted by the client. If, for some reason, the client is not satisfied, he or she should take it up with the practitioner immediately.

The independent field can be what we expected Scientology to be and that is a place where communication is open and straight to the point. We do not need or recommend the covert and nasty chitter chatter that pervades the COS field due to the heavy punishment that comes from communicating truth.

So, there are at least two components to creating credibility in the field: Auditors who deliver what is promised and public who make known any lack of results as long as they notify the auditor first. This last is important as the tale of lack of results may have been altered knowingly to sow distrust in the field. If you contact the auditor first, you will know where the error lies and your comm will be effective in improving confidence in field auditing.

2. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Old Auditor - can you tell me what the EP of the state of Clear is. OT VIII? Can you quote me LRH? Thank you!!

3. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

I will support you on Auditing onley stripped from magical thinking

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I know you're a good guy, and your op post is made with good intentions, and directed at those already interested in Scientology auditing, but I am curious as to your view of the below:

This person thinks he's going to "go to OT XV with Pierre."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=396941&postcount=851

Excerpted text below.

TECH outside COS:

On the 19th of February, 2010 I attested to OTVII. When Pierre asked if I would like to attest, I felt the burden of millions of years of enslavement finally lift from my shoulders...

I retired from my job in 2001 and I reevaluated my position in Scientology. I had about $150,000. in my savings. I could either leave that money for my kids to spend when I died or I could spend it on myself in Scientology. Even though I had made no attempt to get additional training or processing for 37 years, I chose the latter.

...It is now my intention to go to OT XV with Pierre. I look forward to what I know will be an exciting and very rewarding journey

5. Deeana

Deeana Patron with Honors

Some interesting reading at Old Auditor's website, "Spiritual Rescue Technology".

"How to determine if you or someone else has unhandled or unacknowledged entities"
    http://spiritual-rescue-technology.com/?p=135

After reading this article, I am FINALLY understanding the role of Body Thetans. And how auditing is used to rid oneself of these pesky critters!

Am I correct in presuming that people leaving the "Miscavige Church" want to continue to receive outside auditing in order to continue to be able to rid themselves of their body thetans?

In declaring oneself to be "Clear" is one proclaiming that all body thetans are gone? Can they ever come back?

6. Techless

Techless Patron Meritorious

While I have no qualm whatsoever with the intentions of good, honest people - I just do not see how any credibility will ever be able to be maintained with the topic, especially when it has been blood-tied with human suffering on such an evil and deceptive level. Yet still relatively unknown to the general public.

I also haven't seen any inkling of the neo-Nazi, or any other type of genocidal 'government' system (so many to choose from), get re-worked and is now in some 'new-found and better light' that the population can now see and behold. These things tend to sneak up, on everyone, before they know what has happened and also: all these ideas do though still exist - they're just more easily spotted now by an informed public. I think these phases will continue forever - and has made Disney a ton of money in relating the ongoing battle of good vs bad.

The Independents will have to divorce itself completely of anything to do with the original. Yet then: it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the original so wouldn't be anything like it. Repackaging of it will always be suspect.

Of course there was an initial 'good' in it. It wouldn't have worked so well otherwise. Nazi Germany did have it's initial 'good' in it too. It pulled together a country that had lost it's focus and hope - gave it a very credible boost to continue on. That was just the bait though that only the insane will still try and dispute.

Whatever you can do to make it all good and honest, will be very interesting to see.

I wish you great success. It could possibly help a lot of people who virtually lost their minds, identities, faith, etc...

7. This is the sad script of a spiritual charlatan.

The whole of Scientology is the ideas of Nietzsche applied to religion and spirituality.

BTs is this guy's version of the Jews.

And after he gets rid of them he will have to blame something else.

There are no OTs, there are no Clears, and there are no Supermen.

It is a delusion.

The Anabaptist Jacques

8. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

re: bolded phrase: I'd add that it would be helpful for Independent Auditors to only promise that which they can deliver.
    Good Luck with it, OldAuditor. :)

9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

If a customer make his dissatisfaction known to his auditor and than still nothing is done to satisfy him, how should the lack of results be made known and to whom?

How would a person who is shopping for an auditor find out about any previous bad experiences anyone might have had with an auditor?

I'm not a potential consumer for Scientology as I don't have any interest in it, but if I did, those questions above would be important to me in deciding whether Independent auditors had credibility, or practitioners of any kind.

One of the ways that the CoS scams people is through the use of Success Stories. Say as an example that 100 people received a particular type of auditing at Flag, with 90 of them receiving bad results and the other 10 got good results. The reg's will of course pull out those 10 positive success stories and use only those to promote the auditing, even when they are not representative of the results.

Anyways, for anyone who is concerned with credibility as a practitioner I don't get why they'd want to use the Scientology brand. :unsure:

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

It amazes me that people believe in Xenu and his billions of disturbed alien souls. And you ask a reasonable question: where do they go? To the next room? To the closest human? Will they return to the person, since they were so closely integrated with that person? For many reasons, the Xenu story is impossible, does that matter? Do BTs learn to avoid problems, by leaving the host during any time that an e-meter is present?

11. Panda Termint

It's explained in the HCOB "The Nature Of Body Thetans" (if you're into that kinda thing.)

12. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

I wonder about threads like these. Is it simply a form of indie auditor advertising where the post is made to alert any potential lurkers who still believe in the tech who they should contact? Basically post your ad about how concerned you are with maintaining high standards in Scientology and then run and hide when the hard questions are, inevitably, asked?

Does the OP now abandon/ ignore the thread, but check his PM to see if there are any nibbles from seekers? It seems true believers still can't resist posting on ESMB, but only because they know its a prime spot to find the eyeballs of recent exes who arent done peeling all the layers of Scientology thinking off yet. in fact, I would think the ideal audience would be those who have shed the first layer, but just starting in the second or third. (IIRC the sequence of the proverbial, and very accurate, onion.)

On that topic, is any one else amazed at how precisely Marty has been following that exact process - I mean it's uncanny how dead on the metaphor relates to him.

13. OldAuditor

Idle Morgue, all three of the categories you ask about are replete with false data.

You might as well ask why Ron was a druggie and a heavy drinker and frightened of "body thetans" right up til his death.

None of that has anything to do with independents maintaining credibility.

14. Panda Termint

You're probably being too cynical, IMO.

It's just a well-intentioned guy posting an idea about Indy Credibility. I think it's a subject worthy of discussion but I doubt that too much of value will be said in response.

15. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

I will defend auditing and L Ron Hubbard deserves a little place in history from Freud to Hubbard to Meta
    Psychology.

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/mcmaster.htm

16. OldAuditor

There are many routes to enlightenment. I am sure that Pierre has mocked up a path that he calls OT XV.

I prefer the path I have created with the help of friends and volunteers that enables a person to detect and handle spiritual entities and bring them to present time where they can be given a locational and sent on their way or recruited for mutually beneficial purposes. Most of the spiritual entities surrounding a person have been with him for many lifetimes and they often have abilities and useful knowledge that can be put to use.

Read spiritual-rescue-technology.com for the full story.

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

Auditing in a safe environment makes people

feel good.

Can't argue with that.

Does it solve what the person wants solved?

Thus the question

to be or not to be

or maybe in hubbards world,

to go up the bridge or to not go up the bridge?

But ain't the bridge to total freedom

a evaluation?

Somebodies idea's of states of awareness?

18. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

And this does have something to do with credibility?

'An early researcher in this field, Alan C Walter, said these words of wisdom:

“Quite often a spiritual teammate or spiritual team will take a being over. This especially occurs in childhood or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and causes the person to do things they didn’t want to do and behave in ways they didn’t want to behave. This causes tremendous loss in self-respect and self-image...."
    '

19. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

20. OldAuditor

Panda,

You are absolutely correct!

Promising only what you can deliver is the only way to succeed as an independent or as an organization auditor.

I have had a private practice for three years and most of my new clients come to me as referrals from existing clients.

By giving all new prospects a free intro session, they have a real chance to see what I deliver and if it is right for them.