ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Martin Ruston a newbie here but not everywhere

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rockyslammer, Dec 1, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

I'm not anonymous, I am RockySlammer on ARS, I'm White Haired Man on WWP and RockySlammer on http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php

Being a resident of New Zealand once more I tend to get involved in local affairs.

I joined scientology in Sydney in 1965 (at age 17) when it was situated above the plumber's workshop. I more or less enjoyed my time UNTIL the birth of the Sea Org and rigid heavy ethics. For me that was the beginning of the end.

I left to St Hill to do upper levels and eventually got as far as OT4. I did a few courses and actually started on the SHSBC.

I never became a "heavy hitter" in scientology in fact after a while I kept mostly to myself and had a select few friends. However I knew all the UK big names (at that time) as the GO was at St Hill then.

Toward the end of the '80's I moved even further away from St Hill, both physically and mentally. I still considered myself a scientologist but didn't like increasingly bizarre behaviors of some staff members.

Then came the events of 1982. DM staged his Palace Coup and took over - the Mission Holders Conference episode, David Mayo, and the raising of ALL UK prices 10% each month, every month.

Several hundred if not thousand members all left orgs and protested. Eventually we started to form independent groups . I represented AAC Santa Barbara (David Mayo's Head AAC) in the UK. I attended Robin Scott's AAC in Canda Craig in Scotland, the AAC in Santa Barbara, the group in East Grinstead and went to Spain to attend Bill Robertson's (Capt Bill) conference there.

I financed the first independent e-meter production - the one that closely resembled to wooden boxed cofs one.

Before leaving the cofs I made sure that my partner and daughter left with me. I didn't ever want them to be pawns in any power play. Plus why would anyone want to leave loved ones behind?

I was there when 3 ex SO guys came back to EG after "borrowing" all the NOTs packs. I spent a lot of time with Jon Atack (Blue Sky fame), went with Jon to visit John McMaster (clear number one).

I drove around the USA visiting a few ex's and I met someone in Minneapolis/St Paul) who was a very senior scientologist who claimed he was LRH's "hit" man. He could quite well have been because he had a whole house full of guns and other weapons - all untraceable with serial numbers filed off!!

I was at the AAC Santa Barbara when OSA had installed their plants and had pi's all over the place - following in vans, parking outside - the whole works. I believe a plant stole their whole mailing list - part of which I had provided as my own record of independents in the UK and Europe. (At one point I was editor of "Reconnection Magazine".)

After my sojourn around the US I settled down in Miami and the Miami AAC with Gwen North and Peter Lauritzen for about a year. I did own a share of LRH's boat "Diana" for a while but when we went to Tarpon Springs we saw that it had sunk - scientology had used it and left it terrible condition and it was sitting on the bottom.

That mean a legal suit against the cofs and a trip to Mike Flynn. Eventually we sold the "Diana" back to the cofs.

After all this I left EG and moved to Bristol and "dried" out for a few years with very little contact with anyone of my old friends. At some point (years) I suddenly woke up to the fact I had not been too discerning regarding what I had taken on board as "truth".

Then came the biggest reality adjustment of my life. After looking at all my beliefs and realities and comparing them to any evidences for them I became some sort of atheist!

My new life since then has been very different. Of course if any real evidence for spirituality, God, reincarnation, etc etc ever becomes available then I would right smartly revert back!

I had no contact with anything scientological for many years and remarried, had a son, and moved to New Zealand. I am still here.

A few years back I got the shock of my life when Tom Cruise started acting up on TV shows. I was shocked because I thought scientology was all but finished. After all it should have been.

I appeared on "60 Minutes" NZ ( http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=21f_1208988902 ) and spent quite a few weeks after talking to Mike Ferriss of Auckland org who tried to handle me - but he gave up when he realised I was trying to handle him!

Mike started to give the anonymouses in Auckland a hard time so I went down South to help one Saturday. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-6OLRol6I )

Currently I do very little - as the cofs is killing itself quite well at the moment with the help of anonymouses and recent defections.

Once South Park came out the media gradually lost all the fear it had regarding scientology and all that past intimidation is coming home to roost. Now the gloves are off with Government agencies getting into the act once again.

I occasionally post here and there and just recently got told by Marty Rathbun I was "pathetic"! Yes maybe, but not as pathetic as those who tried to harm his fellow man as a senior exec of the cofs. Trouble is I don't believe scientology is valid anymore especially the upper levels. For example OT3 is utter unadulterated nonsense! History, archeology, geology and cosmology have completely negated the dates and places of that event. It didn't happen folks - simple!

As I said earlier - it was OK 'till about 1968 or so (I'm not good at dates). Hubbard went to sea and formed the sea org when he was kicked out of the UK and Rhodesia and was feeling miffed at the world.

He left the stabilising controls of the GO back at St Hill and went off with Capt Bill. I can only imagine what those two did to each other regarding winding each other up in loony land!!

Anyway the SO and Ethics were the unpleasant things that came from that. Firstly, and I don't mean to be harsh, but a lot of people who signed up for the SO were those who couldn't pay for services. The young and the not successful. Just the sort of people you want running a world wide organisation??!!

Ethics got a whole lot heavier and included the "conditions". Add that to some little SO Hitler trying to stamp his name on the scientology universe and you have a recipe for disaster. I remember having to disconnect from my first "SP". What bullshit - she happened to be the finest, nicest person at Sydney org. My dog is more "SP" than she was.

Even when LRH had decent policies in place they were always ignored for other more harsh and draconian policy which didn't even fit the situation.

AND SO members don't or can't understand simple scientology. Just recently one of Marty's sycophants called me 1.1! I am the least covert person you would ever wish to meet! Sheesh what is with scientologists?

What it must be like inside, now, in 2010 I couldn't even imagine.

2. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, MR! Glad you chose to come on board!

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

great to have you here :)

Why not post that picture of you with Jon Atack and what's face? :)

Zinj

4. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

Hi again Sir, nice to speak to you again.

Do you mean the photo of Warren McFarkingShane thumping me in the back on St Hill drive?

5. LongTimeGone

LongTimeGone Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome, it's great to hear from you.
    D.

6. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome, rockyslammer!

7. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Grey hair rules!

:wave::welcome: Us experienced beans need to stick together and eddicate the chillen! :yes::unsure:

EP

8. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Martin.

James

9. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Welcome RS. Thanks for sharing your story and for helping out in the direction of the disassembly of the CoS.

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Welcome, Martin. :)

11. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Good to see people like you come to the board. :welcome:

12. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Kia ora RockySlammer!!!

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Yeah, after all, the brutality only started with Davey :)

Or, wait, you're pathetic. Maybe you managed a transtemporal pull it in :)

Take your win!

Zinj

14. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Martin. It is truly a blessing to have someone with your experience to post on this board. I hope we will hear a lot more from you. I liked video.

15. namaste

namaste Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome, RS
    Thank you for being here. :)

16. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Martin - glad you're here. :thumbsup:

17. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Coolness! Welcome Rocky :)

18. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

I absolutely hereby promise not to give you all my FZ wins!! Indeed although I had auditing by some top notch auditors outside the cofs and can honestly admit to not having any - so there!

If I can help with you current situation just yell. I'm not that far away.

The first thing any vocal critic should do is get legal defense insurance. I have and I wouldn't leave home without it. Probably too late for you though. But advise all yer friends.

regards
    Martin

19. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Martin,

I remember when Harry and you came to see me in London. You showed me the letter the "hit man" had written, outlining things he had done.
    I know both Harry and you were "triggered" by it (excuse the pun):eyeroll:

Glad you are enjoying NZ. Robin & Adrienne live there now.

Best wishes,

Dart

20. rockyslammer

rockyslammer Patron

You'll have to refresh my old memory Dart. I met so many people. Yes I am in contact occasionally with Robin - he lives at the other end of the country unfortunately.

regards
    Martin