ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

[Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Cooper

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Kha Khan, May 26, 2010.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

For those of you who don't like "Marty" cross-posts, what the hell are you doing reading this given the [Marty] warning in the subject line? :)

Standard disclaimer, see signature below. Also, please understand that the following is unverified hearsay, so it is best that you ignore this post and move along, ok?

Still here? I'll put in bold what I think is really important, but will quote the entire thing because I think the description of DM's behavior is interesting.

Now, what I find interesting (in addition to the primary concerns, the threats on CNN and the use of TCs power) is DM's homophobia. And I mean homophobia is the strictest definition of that term -- fear of homosexuality (as opposed to hatred of homosexuality). A Scientologist would say that DM has a real button on the topic.

WWP Post: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Cooper

/

2. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Actually.. I like some of the stuff that Mr.Rathbun says.. This 'rant' is nice!

If it's true that the stupid cult tried threathening CNN like he says.. And I think it highly probable.. Then they have shown their 'character' to everyones satisfaction, yet again!

Only, I'd like Cooper and CNN to report it. I'm aware that this 'news' will be on the 'grapewine' in the intire media industry... And it's a laugh that Scientology thinks it's a good thing to nurture their threathening and intimidating reputation.

But I think it's a mistake by CNN to keep quiet about it... Have they?

:unsure:

3. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

Good point SP. CNN should report this.

4. pollywannacracker

pollywannacracker Patron Meritorious

This would make a nice follow-up on Anderson Cooper's show. Just one night where he simply and unemotionally states what the Co$ is up to. Since he was involved as well as others who work at CNN, it would not be hearsay, just the truth of what went on.

Making this public would be of utmost importance to all those who count. Wonder what DM's hissy fit would look like if and when this all became public? :D

-PWC

5. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

It is my belief

It is my belief that 'macho' men who dress and behave that way, making lewd homosexual comments about other men, are closet gay. Hiding like that creates a sadistic personality, which obviously DM has. Yeah, I'd say the man has 'issues' with his sexuality . . .

He just can't stop picking at the scab.

6. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Agree

I agree, right down to this one being a nice 'rant' - lol.

7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

This rant IS nice! :yes:

I hope that Marty follows through on his statement (below).

Alonzo pointed out in an earlier thread today (http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=18220) that Marty started his blog almost a year ago and the conditions within the CoS are no better, if anything, worse. Marty earlier tried to block an Inquiry in Australia which could lead to justice being done, so his statement above seems a bit contradictory with some of his actions. It seems that he is OK with justice being done if it concerns DM. I'm sure that if the Australian Inquiry were limited to an investigation of DM's crimes then he'd be there in a heartbeat helping out. DM DOES need to be brought to justice. No doubt! And I'll support Marty in his endeavor to bring that about. But the investigation needs to be more than about DM. Personally I wouldn't mind if Marty and Mike got immunity IF the complete and unedited truth came out about ALL the crimes occurring in the history of the CoS. Not because I believe they deserve immunity, but because I believe it is the best chance for the truth to come out, and to me, THAT is more important in the long run.

Last edited: May 26, 2010