ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Marty & Mike: An Open Letter to Office of Special Affairs (OSA)

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Kha Khan, Jun 24, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

My comments follow the re-post.

Marty & Mike: An Open Letter to Office of Special Affairs (OSA):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

COMMENTS:

Obviously, Marty and Mike are trying to cause a split between a general (DM) and his troops (OSA agents). I would not be shocked if they have some success. Marty and Mike are clearly holding out an olive branch. They want converts, not enemies. They are not demonizing the OSA agents, but instead telling them they are misguided and following the wrong leader. And, most importantly, asking them to come home to the true supporters of LRH and the tech.

Further, besides being a possible play to the egos of said OSA agents, Marty and Mike's statement the OSA agents know more about what is really going on than the people within the Church, and indeed Church management, is undoubtedly true. The OSA agents see the facts. By the time they write their reports to please their masters, and said reports are further massaged to be consistent with the COS's and DM's "fixed" (preconceived) ideas, they may be much less correlated to reality.

I find the boast of prowess -- i.e., that "every spotting of JB since he left was deliberately set up. When you lose him for weeks on end, that is by design" -- to be interesting. Whether it is true or not, if the OSA agents believe it, it could have an impact.

Finally, the timetable -- i.e., references to "the next few months," "the next few weeks," and "[a]fter approximately mid-July" is interesting and powerful. But it does create some time sensitive expectations, and it would not be good for Marty and Mike if three months passed and nothing much happened. Therefore, I think we can expect something. My feeling is that Marty and Mike are too sharp and too cunning to set up such expectations if they didn't think they could deliver. YMMV.

Finally, I've noticed that Marty, in particular, has been much inspired by rap lately.

/

WWP Thread: Marty & Mike: An Open Letter to Office of Special Affairs (OSA)

/

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Hm. The next few weeks then shall be very interesting to say the least, huh? :drama:

3. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

These fuckers are batshit crazy.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

What I thing Marty and Mike ought to be doing is coming forth publicly with what exactly they did in the "church" before they build thier own church.

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Let's see these!

What are the "LRH Intelligence orders that that the Data series is based upon"???

Talk about Hidden Data Lines!

6. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

What a game!

Looks like a fight over the spoils after Hubbard's death.

7. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Alanzo! What Happened? It looks like the armadillo has shrunk.

8. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Shrinkage.

He jumped in a cold pond and didn't think anyone would notice.

9. A pox on all their houses.

The Anabaptist Jacques

10. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

The fact that he wants OSA agents to be on his side means his brand of LRH legacy won't be any different than DM's.

If the tech really worked , who the fuck would need OSA?

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I don't believe the intent is to spy on us. Its about destroying the power
    of DM.

I've recently connected with someone I knew 40 years ago, ex GO.

He just wants more bridge and has left the evil Empire.

12. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Hmmmm . . . mid-July . . . when's the BBC doco due out?

Note to self: place order with popcorn wholesaler.

13. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Then what's the purpose of OSA Terril?

14. Feral

Feral Rogue male

I for one wish them every success in their endeavour.

Even though I don't like their brand of kool aide I'm very happy to see them bring the CofS back onto the rails, whatever any one says an honest and true to policy CofS is a far easier companion than the monster that DM has created.

Here's to looking forward to the middle of July!:thumbsup:

15. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

16. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

MR likes to deride his critics as "opp terming" Miscavige. He is especially fond of leveling this charge at those who seek to hold him accountable for his own lack of openness & general disregard for factual truth.

As the note in the op demonstrates, "opp terming Miscavige" is exactly what he is doing himself. In this instance and considered as an "opposition tactic" it is a smart move. OSA is largely responsible for allowing the current Co$ to continue to function. Without the mainstay of OSA to prop up the weaker elements of the SO & staff generally, the Co$ as it exists would most likely rapidly crumble. As MR's note says, the OSA staff are the single group of scientologists most knowing of the reality of the circumstances within the church. Ergo, they are the ones least impressed by the continuing "shore stories" of management.

Accordingly, seeking to undermine OSA "confidence" in Miscavige's leadership is a very strong tactical move for any individual who is in opposition to Miscavige. It's a move played against the opponents weakness which simultaneously threatens to cut him off from his strength. From a perspective of undermining the position of the church it is an eminently sensible one.

What further use MR intends to make of this tactic is, as is so much about MR, unclear. He may be sincere in his expressed intentions not to assume power over a renewed church. Though given his prior record, there is certainly no reason to believe the truth of any such claims made by him. :no:

Mark A. Baker

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

The Middle of July is only about 3 weeks away.

Perhaps a thread: Beware the Ides of July

18. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I think you are secretly in love with Marty Rathbun.

I know I am.

19. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

What he's really saying

Where it says "fighting to save the legacy of LRH" it means "lying to maintain the facade of LRH".

That's what a true churchie will do, lie to keep LRH on the pedestal. They think it will all crumble if they can't keep up that facade.

But it is crumbling. Not just DM's empire. The whole facade is coming down.

20. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

It's a good analogy and the church wouldn't survive without OSA and parishioner contribs.
    But I still say, If the tech worked, you wouldn't need OSA.

My conclusion... there is no spoon.