ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Marty Rathbun "framed for murder of brother"

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by rhansrider, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Marty's bigger on 'trust' than promises. 'Trust me; I'm doing a lot I can't tell you about'; 'Trust me; all will be revealed *in its season*'; 'Trust me; it'll be in my book...'

The advantage is obvious; the 'trusting souls' can 'dub in' whatever they want without Marty having to deal with different people wanting different things.

He's more specific about what he *doesn't* want, although sometimes he just slips things in and sometimes he just *implies* things by how he reacts to other posters.

Zinj

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yeah. I really like the idea of a list of Marty's promises, though. If TEoS (or someone else, although not AnonKat!) doesn't start that thread soon I'll do it myself.

Paul

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I think actually stated promises and clear intentions would be a *very* short list.

Zinj

4. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

Sending you my love :)

5. TEoS

TEoS Patron with Honors

I'll leave the Marty List for someone else more qualified to compile. There's only so much of Rathbun I can stomach. Maybe 2-3 minutes per day, and that has to be on an empty stomach, just in case I accidentally read some of the kiss-ass replies to his sermons.

6. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

It's a real trash fest over there with them stumbling over to recall the foulest language DM ever uttered. I actually found it Ironicly lulzy leader of a church lol

As Amy Scobbee posted there.

7. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

LRH said he wanted to make OT's. He succeded in making slaves.

Quote:
    For those upset that I am not issuing orders, realize I am not trying to create followers. I am trying to create leaders. Originated, effective action that aligns with shared purpose is what is called for.