ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Featured Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by skep, Jun 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Marty's second video is up - Going Clear, Part 1.

[video=youtube;aFwCysSCw4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFwCysSCw4g[/video]

Comments are actually closed on the video. Comments are open on Marty's blog post for the video. Then again, one should assume that their IP address will be turned over to OSA if they comment on, or even merely visit, Marty's blog.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Gib

Gib Crusader

Thanks Steve for your telling of your personal involvement with Marty and you telling it how it was interacting with the man. :thumbsup:

Marty's next video on his blog is entitled "Going Clear" which is in reference to the book by Lawrence Wright "Going Clear and the Prison of Belief". We'll see how all this pans out with the next video.

Marty makes the claim that the book "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright is the bible of the ASC, a coined meme by Marty. LOL

To me, if their was a bible to this meme of ASC, it would probably be Messiah or Madman by Brent Corydon, and the latter would apply, and even Jon Atach A Piece of Blue Sky.

I have to wonder if Marty read those books?

I recall Mike Rinder saying in one of his comments on his blog, he never read Messiah or Madman while he was in although he was in charge of debunking the book, but he finally read it after he left. I wonder if Marty has read those two books?

I have a question for you Steve, have you ever read those two books and as far as you know has Marty read those books? I'm just curious because I do a lot of research,

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Curious. What good would that do him or them?

I have visited but I don't post over there. Never have. Never will. :no:

I know my IP address is recorded in the IP log here at ESMB every time
    I log in. (I believe they keep an IP log.)

My IP address is potentially stored all over the place, every website I visit
    presumably. But I've never worried about it because the only way anyone
    could find out who the IP address belongs to is by getting a court warrant
    and going to my service provider to get them to unveil it for a legal or
    criminal suspicion.

I just make sure I never do anything illegal or that crosses any line of legality
    or common sense . . . like making threats or file sharing or crazy stuff.
    I just stay clean online.

Kindly correct me if I'm missing something, if you would. :yes:

I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve that I do for anonymity online,
    but they're a bit technical and not for the average computer user.

I'm a bit the high-paranoid type, I guess. :wink2:

Lisbeth2.jpg

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I wonder if Marty is eventually going to cover the beginning of the collapse of Scientology which started in the 1980s long before his so-called ASC supposedly started. :confused2:

5. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Look everyone ... Lisbeth has books on a bookshelf, a lamp and ... tricky lighting!

Oh nooooooooo ...

:biggrin:

6. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I guess if anyone is afraid then they could use TOR?

7. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Oops! :hysterical:

8. shanic89

shanic89 Patron Meritorious

IP addresses are most likely dynamically allocated from your ISP, unless you have requested a static IP.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  9. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Okay, so I watched GOING CLEAR PART #1.

Here's all I noticed:

--Marty was (by his own words) "peeved" that the Going Clear did not use the material he provided in the way he wanted. (COMMENTS: So what? He is not the author. Who gives a damn what he thinks another writer is supposed to edit in or out? Add to that, Marty wrote several self-published Scientology books in which he maintained 100% editorial control. And the same for his multi-year blog essays, comments and 80 posted videos; ergo, whatever he wanted to say he already said. So why would another writer be even slightly interested in his editing services?)

--He seemed particularly bent out of shape by what he claims are inaccuracies. (COMMENTS: I read the book and know just as much or more about Scientology than Rathbun--and while I noted some very minor discrepancies, none of them was significant in any way whatsoever to the major theme and research and revelations of the book)

--Marty was quite focused on what he alleges is a "bias" by Wright, resulting in him "not telling the whole story of Scientology" (COMMENTS: It is the author's prerogative to assign what they believe to be the proper weight to each of their investigative report's revelations. If, for example, a book was written about the Mafia, the author is under no obligation to explore the motivations or childhood psychology of a hit man. They are entitled to call them what they are "cold-blooded contract murderers" who have no slightest regrets for doing their job. It is irrelevant whether they explore the Mafia's "good parts" because they are thugs, terrorists, thieves and murderers. That is a fair conclusion and the mafia member's individual "beliefs" or "justifications" or "delusions" might not be part of that particular book's core focus. Marty, nonetheless, still feels he has some kind of right or authority to control the narrative. HELPFUL TIP FOR MARTY: If you don't like someone else's book write your own)

--As is often his habit, Marty does not reveal the "inaccuracies" that so plague him and that prevent him from recognizing and acknowledging the brilliant research and insightful investigation into the cult. (COMMENTS: Marty's doesn't find value in the book. He knows the "full story". But he doesn't actually specify what all these supposed flaws are)

--The main OBJECTION that I am able to discern, is that Marty does not like the fact that the book is so revealing that is damns the subject of Scientology for Scientologists or prospective cult members. (COMMENTS: This is entirely bizarre! Why would Marty care that the cult is damaged? After all, he himself trashed Scientology and Hubbard hundreds of different ways in his blog and videos. Why is he suddenly worried that Scientology might be hurt by the book? He doesn't explain why he is so protective of the fraud and criminality of the COS. He just assumes that everyone is magically supposed to agree with him that damaging the cult is a bad thing. What Rathbun is doing is absurd since he has already published VOLUMES of similar material himself. Without any further explanation by Rathbun, I am left to conclude that his review of GOING CLEAR is just propaganda, not facts. The same thing he accuses Wright of doing.

CONCLUSION: The more Rathbun writes, says and does videos, the more he destroys any remaining bit of credibility that he still might have in some circles. He is selling shit. He knows he is selling shit. And he is doing a very shitty job of trying to sell shit. LOL

10. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

and....

HolyHell!! I just noticed something else tricky on her bookshelf!

[​IMG]

11. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Blinking Monique Yingling defends against the critics.

Rottweiler Marty Rathbun attacks the critics.

All bases covered.

What could possibly go wrong?

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I agree. I've also seen the theory put forward that the intended audience are the UTR (Under the Radar) people. They are out and about reading and lurking yet some will not yet have the full picture and can perhaps be persuaded that books like Going Clear (and whatever else he trashes) are not worth reading. You know, the old 'dead agenting' thing once again.

13. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

14. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

It's a pretty good guess that these videos are targeted toward on the fence Scinos. Exes and never ins would think he was deranged or a liar and Scientology would never want people in good standing to see this stuff at all.

If a fence sitter looks for Marty Rathbun online and finds this, if they then look at the truth rundown, they will see inconsistency in Marty's position and therefore see an outpoint in any criticism of Scientology. Like you say, dead agenting.

So these are Marty's public videos. I wonder if he has also made videos that are not for online consumption, but for internal Scientology use, much like the 'Tom Cruise on Tom Cruise' videos. If so, there is a good probability that these will leak. My reasoning is that such videos would be shown to disaffected members who have likely been on the internet. I predict a leak of said videos within a year.

15. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

The fact remains that even if you have a dynamic IP address (one that changes every time you go online) potentially you could be identified according to the time you visited a website. An ISP would know who had that particular address at that particular time.

As someone else has mentioned, if you're paranoid, use TOR.

16. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

A Cultquake and a Tsunami and a major solar flair. How will they deal with that while they are desperately trying to fly kites in hurricane Leah which is moving around the world.? Quick gather together the 200,000 VM's and spread gentle calm across the seas and lands with soggy WTH and do touch assists on mother earth.

17. grey crane

grey crane sp in training

If you are worried about your IP being traced, use a site like this one.

http://alter-ip.com

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Re: Second Marty video on Going Clear

I agree that trashing him to much is not a good idea. He has done
    more damage to CO$ than anyone else. Leah is catching up and
    does her thing with greater elegance panache and impact.

He has been quite willing to make himself a target for the ire of
    CO$ and deflect wrath directed towards Independents, and we may
    not know the extent and details of this ire.

I've found it difficult to figure out where Marty's head is. He has changed
    his viewpoint quite drastically and several times. There is thought that
    he has been paid to do CO$ bidding, and some good argument for this case.
    Could possibly be that he is directing more anger toward Tony O.

There is an earlier similar parallel. Zegal released 3 tapes and a fourth
    retracting them.

See below:-

7th September 2014, 04:02 AM #5

Gold Meritorious Patron

phenomanon's Avatar Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Default Re: Jon Zegel Tapes
    Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Jon Zegel: "Here I stand before you naked, an SP, and a squirrel." From tape 4.

In their day, before the Internet, these tapes were certainly of great interest.

Unfortunately, Zegel caved to Scientology and in tape 4 you can hear him reading his "retraction" statement.
    Yah. Zegal married a successful, beautiful woman and she wanted scn out of their lives. Zegal did what he had to do to make his Wife ( and his life) happy.
    They were married at my Historic Victorian home in LA. She was/is a successful Artist.

19. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Because of what Marty exposed after he left scientology perhaps he should be looked at with less disfavor then might be created by looking at what he did while he was in scientology. But if a person is going to follow that guideline then would what he is doing now lessen the favor one should put on what he did after he left?

20. HelluvaHoax!

The 3 "F"s of understanding Marty Rathbun:

1. FIGHTER: Marty has spent the majority of his life fighting for causes, both good and bad. He seems to relish the "warrior" spirit and even added that word to his chest thumping book title:

[​IMG]

Fighting has both noble and disgraceful purpose, depending on what one chooses to fight for or against. In Marty's case he often indiscriminately fights both sides; and a third side, as well--against himself.

2. FICKLE: Marty is an equal opportunity trash talker. As he cycles through his various emotional climates, virtually any friend or worthy cause eventually becomes the object of his scorn. Friend or Foe--Marty has the propensity to unpredictably "go off" on anyone at any time. And his explanations for same are often cryptic, illogical, nonsensical or ludicrous. But, don't mention that to him, lest you quickly appear on his enemies list.

3. FOOLERY: Despite his admirable qualities, Marty often engages in foolish behavior that severely compromises or even negates the good of his intentions & achievements. In such moments, he also attempts to bamboozle ("fool") others about what he is doing by hiding, misrepresenting or attempting to misdirect others through rhetorical ambiguity, innuendo or sophistry. In short, he seems incapable, at such junctures, of giving a simple straight answer to legitimate questions. Unfortunately, this is the territory of propaganda and "shore stories" that one hardly expects of an ex-scientologist, which is what he claims to be. Add to all this the obvious--that others do not appreciate Rathbun's condescending efforts to play them for a fool--and they end up writing scathing critiques as found in this thread and very post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.